She only disclosed AFTER she was caught

This pretty much sums it up:

'“Her use of the medication was not initially disclosed; but more importantly, once contacted by USADA, she immediately identified the medication as the source of her positive test, submitted all necessary medical information and demonstrated that it was being used for legitimate medical purposes without enhancing her performance. Those are the primary considerations when reviewing any TUE application,” Madden wrote in an email.

There is enormous cognitive dissonance here. After her clearing, despite the aforementioned red flags, not many people were doubting Cyborg's explanation; if anything, fans seemed to be mostly happy that one of the best women in MMA history was free and clear to finally fight at a healthy weight and could line up a date in future with newly-crowned UFC featherweight champion Germaine de Randamie. At question is simply whether or not Cyborg disclosed her spironolactone use, which she hadn't. This is still a punishable offense and what is the point of having rules if they aren't enforced?

Like the MMA masses, I'm hardly mad that Cyborg will return to the Octagon sooner rather than later, but there is no avoiding the fact this is preferential treatment of an athlete. If Cyborg wasn't a key piece of a division the UFC just launched with almost no talent, if the promotion wasn't dying for charismatic, exciting, sellable fighters right now, if she was just some roster fighter, it's hard to believe she wouldn't have caught some sort of punishment."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Opinion-A-Retroactive-Look-at-Recent-Retroactive-TUE-Drama-117793

Grindo's Power Bottom - Fuck sakes, this shit just pisses me off, why should she be allowed TUE? Do they not care about what kind of image they are creating for their brand. Its honestly sickening, she shouldnt be allowed to compete

Image for their brand?

Have you seen their president?

Or the 2 time stripped of his light heavyweight belt, Jon Jones?

The greatest athlete UFC has ever had, the suicidal Rodna Rousey?

War Machine is about to go on trial, their polarizing reality star.

Or Brock, Or Anderson, Or Diaz, etc...

These guys give not 1 fuck about their brand image, these guys are about nothing but the cash.

SinCityHustler -
Grindo's Power Bottom - Fuck sakes, this shit just pisses me off, why should she be allowed TUE? Do they not care about what kind of image they are creating for their brand. Its honestly sickening, she shouldnt be allowed to compete

Image for their brand?

Have you seen their president?

Or the 2 time stripped of his light heavyweight belt, Jon Jones?

The greatest athlete UFC has ever had, the suicidal Rodna Rousey?

War Machine is about to go on trial, their polarizing reality star.

Or Brock, Or Anderson, Or Diaz, etc...

These guys give not 1 fuck about their brand image, these guys are about nothing but the cash.
I believe he is saying "Their Brand" as in the fighter themselves "Brand"...

ie: The MacLife

Not the UFC brand.....

I have a tough time condemning a competitor in a notoriously PED rampant sport, where her big wrong doing was failure to disclose her medical treatment at the appropriate time. OK, so the proper paperwork wasn't in order. They have it straight now, no matter what the paper work said originally. What's the difference?

With Cyborg exonerated by USADA, I look forward to her continued success inside the steel cage.

SinCityHustler - I have a tough time condemning a competitor in a notoriously PED rampant sport, where her big wrong doing was failure to disclose her medical treatment at the appropriate time. OK, so the proper paperwork wasn't in order. They have it straight now, no matter what the paper work said originally. What's the difference?

With Cyborg exonerated by USADA, I look forward to her continued success inside the steel cage.
This guy gets it. You can always tell the people that have spent time in and around the sport as opposed to the faggot triggered keyboard warriors.

SinCityHustler - I have a tough time condemning a competitor in a notoriously PED rampant sport, where her big wrong doing was failure to disclose her medical treatment at the appropriate time. OK, so the proper paperwork wasn't in order. They have it straight now, no matter what the paper work said originally. What's the difference?

If you had to take a drug test for work, then popped hot for opiates, then said...oh yea my doc gave me that for pain...here is the paperwork.... do you think your employer would buy that? What reason would you have for not disclosing that you were on an opiate when asked if you are taking any medication? Hypothetical so please answer it and don't come back with "I don't get drug tested at my job"

Hate420 -
SinCityHustler - I have a tough time condemning a competitor in a notoriously PED rampant sport, where her big wrong doing was failure to disclose her medical treatment at the appropriate time. OK, so the proper paperwork wasn't in order. They have it straight now, no matter what the paper work said originally. What's the difference?

This guy gets it. You can always tell the people that have spent time in and around the sport as opposed to the faggot triggered keyboard warriors.
Neither of you get it. The problem is they didn't show leniency to other fighters for being up front, honest and/or less.

If USADA was brought in because of ped use that most fighters (obviously some are hypocrites) say is an issue, the allowing of waiting over 2 months to apply for a TUE that just so happened be after a positive test clearly opens the door for othets to follow suit. Cyborgs medical need are not the problem here. "Negligence " is no excuse and has been a punishable offense for others.

For anyone questioning if Cyborg has ever abused PEDs view old photos of her compared to now. Listen to her , it's all really clear. Oh , and she failed a test in the past. She's a cheater plain and simple . She's not particularly technical , she's a big strong woman who fights like a lesser version of Wanderlei Silva. If she less of a draw I bet she wouldn't be exempt from punishment.

i am waiting for the UFC to sign 145's, at this point like three?

Fujkm - 
SinCityHustler - I have a tough time condemning a competitor in a notoriously PED rampant sport, where her big wrong doing was failure to disclose her medical treatment at the appropriate time. OK, so the proper paperwork wasn't in order. They have it straight now, no matter what the paper work said originally. What's the difference?

If you had to take a drug test for work, then popped hot for opiates, then said...oh yea my doc gave me that for pain...here is the paperwork.... do you think your employer would buy that? What reason would you have for not disclosing that you were on an opiate when asked if you are taking any medication? Hypothetical so please answer it and don't come back with "I don't get drug tested at my job"

If I had to take a drug test for work (I own my own company) and I popped hot, would my employer (myself) accept the pain excuse?

Yes, I would accept that. In fact, I just had a levels screening for my TRT, and I disclosed I recently used cocaine and ecstacy. The doctor told me "be careful with that, it can be dangerous" .

I got all set up, I went back to work, no issues.

Morpheus1976 - 

i am waiting for the UFC to sign 145's, at this point like three?

I have my heart set on Ronda, but I just know there's no way she's ever agreeing to getting into the cage with Cyborg. If it's the only fight made in 2017, I would still be happy.

Standup29 - 
Hate420 -

Neither of you get it. The problem is they didn't show leniency to other fighters for being up front, honest and/or less.

If USADA was brought in because of ped use that most fighters (obviously some are hypocrites) say is an issue, the allowing of waiting over 2 months to apply for a TUE that just so happened be after a positive test clearly opens the door for othets to follow suit. Cyborgs medical need are not the problem here. "Negligence " is no excuse and has been a punishable offense for others.

Hate420 - Thank you, and you can absolutely be sure the faggot triggered keyboard warriors will be out in force.

Look, it doesn't matter to me one bit if these people JUICE till their heart explodes. Go ahead, makes no difference in my eyes. My issue here is we're busting people and suspending them for years, for merely failing to check the appropriate box on a questionnaire. That wasn't the spirit of the rule and discretion should be applied where it's common sense.

This isn't a case of Cyborg cheating, this is about her paper work being incorrect. If they had her up on cheating, that would be an entirely different thing.

How many times is this thread gonna get made? And what's the point if making them?

JustAnotherMMAFan - 

How many threads on this subject?

People should let go and move on with their lives.

Ah Sir White Knight to the rescue yet again.

Ray Elbe - 
Johnzandt -

Utter bullshit. She was cheating, pure and simple

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/2/22/14697194/cris-cyborg-santos-justino-banned-substance-retroactive-tue-ped-ufc-usada-spironolactone

Credit :Iain Kidd 

Ian Kidd never wrote one bad article about Cris until she told him and Lockhart she no longer wanted to do a nutrition book with them.

there is no performance enhancing benefit of spironolactone, so how is that cheating?

Stop acting like we are stupid.

Phil999 -
JustAnotherMMAFan - 

How many threads on this subject?

People should let go and move on with their lives.

Ah Sir White Knight to the rescue yet again.
How is he "white knighting" as retarded children like to call it? Their have been countless threads on this subject.

Phil999 -
Ray Elbe - 
Johnzandt -

Utter bullshit. She was cheating, pure and simple

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/2/22/14697194/cris-cyborg-santos-justino-banned-substance-retroactive-tue-ped-ufc-usada-spironolactone

Credit :Iain Kidd 

Ian Kidd never wrote one bad article about Cris until she told him and Lockhart she no longer wanted to do a nutrition book with them.

there is no performance enhancing benefit of spironolactone, so how is that cheating?

Stop acting like we are stupid.
What's the performance enhancing benefit to this stuff? I honestly dont know.

I'm surprised that some people are surprised she's a cheat, what female has that neck and traps without having some sort of fucked up hormone abnormality?

SinCityHustler -
Standup29 - 
Hate420 -

Hate420 - Thank you, and you can absolutely be sure the faggot triggered keyboard warriors will be out in force.

Look, it doesn't matter to me one bit if these people JUICE till their heart explodes. Go ahead, makes no difference in my eyes. My issue here is we're busting people and suspending them for years, for merely failing to check the appropriate box on a questionnaire. That wasn't the spirit of the rule and discretion should be applied where it's common sense.

This isn't a case of Cyborg cheating, this is about her paper work being incorrect. If they had her up on cheating, that would be an entirely different thing.
Your bias is the problem with your argument. You don't care about peds in the sport so you just see things as boxes on a form.

The reason they put the "boxes" on the form and verbally ask is because people will claim ignorance when they cheat. It is a simple fact that athletes will knowingly take things to get an edge (aka cheating) over their opponents.

I would be very interested to hear which fighters you think had their reputations ruined because they forgot to check a box on a form. Name 5 fighters USADA has punished strictly for not filling in a box or disclosing.

Sch, I don't care about men cheating. There are some who are naturally loaded with test, anyway. Not the case with women. A juiced to the gills female is akin to a male fighting a female. It's just not the same thing, imo. The strength gap is much larger than it is between a cheating and clean male