Shevchenko says Pena won't sign 205 contract

Flexo - What Weidman situation? Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

Ryann Von Doom -
sundin4prez -

Everyone wants a payday.

Why fight a virtual unknown like Shevchenko, when she can wait paitently for a payday in the form of Ronda or Tate/Holm coming off a win. 

As much as I hate it, you cant blame the fighters when they get paid piddly amounts went fights dont sell, and the life of a title reighn is dwindiling over time.

Pena's an unknown too. Small mindset by you and her. She be duckin'. Phone Post 3.0

He's probably talking Nunes from when the thread title was wrong, and didnt read anything OP wrote.

RIGHONFIRE - 
This. Phone Post 3.0

I heard somewhere this week that the Iaquinta situation was upsetting to Weidman and may be complicating his willingness to compete on the 205 card. Perhaps it was on The MMA Hour that this was said on but I honestly don't recall where I heard it.

luctaro -
Ryann Von Doom -
sundin4prez -

Everyone wants a payday.

Why fight a virtual unknown like Shevchenko, when she can wait paitently for a payday in the form of Ronda or Tate/Holm coming off a win. 

As much as I hate it, you cant blame the fighters when they get paid piddly amounts went fights dont sell, and the life of a title reighn is dwindiling over time.

Pena's an unknown too. Small mindset by you and her. She be duckin'. Phone Post 3.0

He's probably talking Nunes from when the thread title was wrong, and didnt read anything OP wrote.

Makes sense. Phone Post 3.0

BJ Penn Forever - 
RIGHONFIRE - 
This. Phone Post 3.0

I heard somewhere this week that the Iaquinta situation was upsetting to Weidman and may be complicating his willingness to compete on the 205 card. Perhaps it was on The MMA Hour that this was said on but I honestly don't recall where I heard it.

I cam across this and thought it relevant:

"Native New Yorker Al Iaquinta's request to discuss his money before signing for his scheduled bout with Thiago Alves was denied by the UFC, forcing him from the card. Many believe that his teammate Weidman is refusing to sign his own contract due to the disagreement between "Raging Al" and the promotion. For a card believed to boast a majority of New York's finest fighters, UFC 205 currently comes up short."

http://www.flocombat.com/article/46508-the-only-thing-historic-about-ufc-205-is-madison-square-garden

Juliana " the venezuelan tyron woodley" Pena but with no belt..

TheRealFOF -

Juliana " the venezuelan tyron woodley" Pena but with no belt..

I give her even odds against Nunes. If she can make it out of the first round she will win it going away. Phone Post 3.0

Why would Pena fight her?  Dana has basically called Holm a moron for blowing her payday with Ronda by taking the Tate fight.  If Pena thinks she's got RR next, waiting is the smartest move to make.

These dummies wanting "money fights" will get humbled in the cage quickly. Phone Post 3.0

Chromium -
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

She is waiting for Ronda, who said she is coming back.
Ronda says she will come back in Dec, you wait 1 month for life changing money.
Fight with R.R. on NYE card will do around a million buys. My guess is just over that and NY card would be 500k buys (w/o Conor on it). So she did the right thing. 

Nunes is the one potentially fighting Ronda in December not Peña. If Ronda wins, Shevchenko may simply leapfrog Peña. This is not a smart move by Peña.

Could a mod please correct the thread title btw? Phone Post 3.0
Ya I was confused after I wrote this and re-read the thread. Phone Post 3.0

Pena is boring. She has no stand up and as she moves up, she will get that ass kicked. Decent ass though Phone Post 3.0

Bigtrain2681 - Unless she has PPV points how does fighting Holm/Tate or even Rousey rather than Schevchenko effect her pay? She's contracted to fight for 'x' amount of $ is she not? Why would they pay her more just for fighting a fellow top 5 ranked opponent? Phone Post 3.0
Lol she doesn't have ppv points Phone Post 3.0

they should give the title shot to Shevchenko since Pena is trying to Big league her for the title, Dana should tell her to go sit down and call him up when shes ready to fight in the meantime Shevchenko will get the shot since she seems to be ready to go

What's with everyone picking and choosing their opponents these days? Whatever happened to taking on anyone, anytime? If she's so confident in her abilities she shouldn't have anything to worry about in Shevchenko. I like her as a fighter but I don't like this trait in anybody, champion or challengers Phone Post 3.0

At this point I think shevchenko is a bigger name then Pena right now. She beat holly, Pena just complains. Shevchenko would mutilate her.

Dana needs to punish all these no name no draw whiners that are trying to act like they're conor and deserve a "money fight" did people realize that they have to earn that, they have to be a draw themselves. U can't be a no draw and be asking for a money fight who the fuck do u think u are wtf

ttt

sundin4prez -

Everyone wants a payday.

She's just ducking, because Valentina will kick her ass. Phone Post 3.0

Wood be a good fight.

Wood root for Shevchenko.

Morpheus1976 -
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

She is waiting for Ronda, who said she is coming back.
Ronda says she will come back in Dec, you wait 1 month for life changing money.
Fight with R.R. on NYE card will do around a million buys. My guess is just over that and NY card would be 500k buys (w/o Conor on it). So she did the right thing. 

ronda re-entered the USADA testing pool a few weeks ago, so with the 4 month period she is ready for the 30 dec card. not for MSG.

well, i totally nailed this one, 23 days ago!