Shevchenko says Pena won't sign 205 contract

Morpheus1976 -
Morpheus1976 -
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

She is waiting for Ronda, who said she is coming back.
Ronda says she will come back in Dec, you wait 1 month for life changing money.
Fight with R.R. on NYE card will do around a million buys. My guess is just over that and NY card would be 500k buys (w/o Conor on it). So she did the right thing. 

ronda re-entered the USADA testing pool a few weeks ago, so with the 4 month period she is ready for the 30 dec card. not for MSG.

well, i totally nailed this one, 23 days ago!

lol yea I saw that aswell. Nice. Phone Post 3.0

Whether or not she was done dirty, she's got to be careful here because she has zero leverage. People aren't heavily invested in her: I am pretty sure Valentina is on more people's radar after her win against Holly in a main event on Fox.

Add Cyborg into the equation and Pena could easily get passed up completely. Phone Post 3.0

I don't understand a lot of these fighters making leaving threats nobody is getting out of a contract easily. Phone Post 3.0

People waiting for title shots never made sense to me... if you are confident that you're the best, wouldn't you fight regardless? She needs to beat meisha, holly or shevchenko to be a top contender to me, not Cat coming back from a long lay off! Phone Post 3.0

stoopsy - People waiting for title shots never made sense to me... if you are confident that you're the best, wouldn't you fight regardless? She needs to beat meisha, holly or shevchenko to be a top contender to me, not Cat coming back from a long lay off! Phone Post 3.0

Maybe they aren't confident that they are the best and want to maximize their paydays before they become irrelevant.

I think she feels a Schevchenko fight is all risk, no reward. I'm not sure I agree with that

I get it that she's frustrated though. She's on a very significant win streak.

She's watched others sit and wait, but IMO she's doing it wrong. If ur going to sit and wait, just say so, and do it with confidence. When you mix in all this "I'm going to leave if I don't get my way" business, it only sours her case. Phone Post 3.0

Chromium -

Fight with R.R. on NYE card will do around a million buys. My guess is just over that and NY card would be 500k buys (w/o Conor on it). So she did the right thing. 

Nunes is the one potentially fighting Ronda in December not Peña. If Ronda wins, Shevchenko may simply leapfrog Peña. This is not a smart move by Peña.

Could a mod please correct the thread title btw? Phone Post 3.0

Chromium

I'm not sure if I agree that Valentina will get the title shot over Julianna. In my opinion had Ronda defeated Holly, the plan wouldve been for Ronda to face Julianna  then Cris at UFC 200. If you recall, Julianna and Claudia G were both in Australia for the UFC card, we all knew that Claudia was next in line to face the winner of Joanna vs Valerie and in my opinion there was no reason for Julianna to be there unless there were talks in place for her to fight Ronda.

Julianna has made reference to the fact that her and Dana are close, he chooses her walk out music and has expressed his fondness of her since TUF so I wouldnt say Julianna's situation is similar to what happened to Miesha but from what Julianna has been saying interviews, I interpret it to mean that she was told she would be getting a title shot after Ronda defeated Holly and that she would probably get the title shot against Amanda had Ronda not returned.

Dana posted on Twitter in response to being asked about Julianna that she shouldnt turn down fights if she wants a title shot so in addition to her response about this on the MMAHour, I am inclined to believe she did turn down fights with  Valentina and also Cris-the latter because of her awkward response when asked by Ariel. I understand why Julianna would turn down fights if she was "promised" a title shot, Miesha mentioned retiring when she was passed over for Holly but she recently said she will wait for the winner of Amanda vs Ronda and has no intentions of fighting elsewhere. 

sundin4prez -

Everyone wants a payday.

Why fight a virtual unknown like Shevchenko, when she can wait paitently for a payday in the form of Ronda or Tate/Holm coming off a win. 

As much as I hate it, you cant blame the fighters when they get paid piddly amounts went fights dont sell, and the life of a title reighn is dwindiling over time.

Pena is also basically unknown. Phone Post 3.0

Clarence Parents -
sundin4prez -

Everyone wants a payday.

Why fight a virtual unknown like Shevchenko, when she can wait paitently for a payday in the form of Ronda or Tate/Holm coming off a win. 

As much as I hate it, you cant blame the fighters when they get paid piddly amounts went fights dont sell, and the life of a title reighn is dwindiling over time.

Pena is also basically unknown. Phone Post 3.0

Also Shevchenko is ahead of her in the rankings and she doesnt want to fight her.

She is just priming the UFC to give Shevchenko a title shot and she doesnt even realize this. 

Valentina just beat Holly the former champ. Pena beat Cat after a long lay-off. I think Valentina has a better argument for a title shot than Pena. I think Julianna knows that Valentina is a tough fight that she might lose and doesn't want to risk losing a title shot. Phone Post 3.0

Pena doesn't have the star power to call the shots. This could hurt her career big time. With all the big names pulling these stunts the ufc may take it out the the little knows to send a message to the troops.

Sunkist1207 -
Chromium -

Nunes is the one potentially fighting Ronda in December not Peña. If Ronda wins, Shevchenko may simply leapfrog Peña. This is not a smart move by Peña.

Could a mod please correct the thread title btw? Phone Post 3.0

Chromium

I'm not sure if I agree that Valentina will get the title shot over Julianna. In my opinion had Ronda defeated Holly, the plan wouldve been for Ronda to face Julianna  then Cris at UFC 200. If you recall, Julianna and Claudia G were both in Australia for the UFC card, we all knew that Claudia was next in line to face the winner of Joanna vs Valerie and in my opinion there was no reason for Julianna to be there unless there were talks in place for her to fight Ronda.

Julianna has made reference to the fact that her and Dana are close, he chooses her walk out music and has expressed his fondness of her since TUF so I wouldnt say Julianna's situation is similar to what happened to Miesha but from what Julianna has been saying interviews, I interpret it to mean that she was told she would be getting a title shot after Ronda defeated Holly and that she would probably get the title shot against Amanda had Ronda not returned.

Dana posted on Twitter in response to being asked about Julianna that she shouldnt turn down fights if she wants a title shot so in addition to her response about this on the MMAHour, I am inclined to believe she did turn down fights with  Valentina and also Cris-the latter because of her awkward response when asked by Ariel. I understand why Julianna would turn down fights if she was "promised" a title shot, Miesha mentioned retiring when she was passed over for Holly but she recently said she will wait for the winner of Amanda vs Ronda and has no intentions of fighting elsewhere. 

What happened to your votes up? Phone Post 3.0

Damaynevent - Valentina just beat Holly the former champ. Pena beat Cat after a long lay-off. I think Valentina has a better argument for a title shot than Pena. I think Julianna knows that Valentina is a tough fight that she might lose and doesn't want to risk losing a title shot. Phone Post 3.0

Counting her TUF fights, Pena has won 6 or 7 in a row in the UFC, in the division.

Schevchenko has won exactly 1 in a row.

neither of them are shoe in's for title shot, but Pena has the better UFC resume, at this point.

I like the matchup between Juliana and Schevchenko, but I understand Pena also not wanting it.  If she wins, then she beat a girl who has  2 UFC wins.  That doesn't exactly help her case when she already has at least 6 in a row (again, counting the TUF fights).  If she loses, it's a drop straight to to the back of the line.

Again, I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

Morgz -
Damaynevent - Valentina just beat Holly the former champ. Pena beat Cat after a long lay-off. I think Valentina has a better argument for a title shot than Pena. I think Julianna knows that Valentina is a tough fight that she might lose and doesn't want to risk losing a title shot. Phone Post 3.0

Counting her TUF fights, Pena has won 6 or 7 in a row in the UFC, in the division.

Schevchenko has won exactly 1 in a row.

neither of them are shoe in's for title shot, but Pena has the better UFC resume, at this point.

I like the matchup between Juliana and Schevchenko, but I understand Pena also not wanting it.  If she wins, then she beat a girl who has  2 UFC wins.  That doesn't exactly help her case when she already has at least 6 in a row (again, counting the TUF fights).  If she loses, it's a drop straight to to the back of the line.

Again, I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

No one gets to count their TUF fights. They are exhibition fights so they are not even 3 guaranteed to be 3 rounds long. Juliana only counts those fights because she knows if you look into the real numbers they don't scream title shot.

Pena has had 4 wins since Nov 2013. That is an average of 1.3 wins per year. Her opponents have a record of 4 wins and 10 losses in the UFC. Her only good win came against Cat Zingano who was on a near 2 year break. The numbers don't backup Pena's sense of entitlement.

This.
And I'm a fan of both fighters.

Still no fight announced for Shevchenko. I hope she gets the next title shot over Pena.

Shevchenko was willing to fight Pena to further earn the shot vs the Ronda/Nunes winner. Pena was not.

The fighter willing to fight for the title shot against the other top contender is the one who deserves it.

Shevchenko vs. Pennington for title shot, IMO.

Pena vs. Holm so Pena can be tested against a top fighter.

Tomato Can - Shevchenko vs. Pennington for title shot, IMO.

Perfect

Tomato Can - Shevchenko vs. Pennington for title shot, IMO.

I'd love this just to hear Pena crying. 

'I'll fight ANY chick and time, if your names Ronda or Nunes, i'm ready'

lol. 

Pena's biggest win was over a 34 year old Zingano coming off a 17 month injury layoff. Sorry, that should not get you a title shot.