Shin to Shin kicks....

...for those who understand how much this hurts, do you think this is the most painful thing in training? Ugh....

no. taking that first ever low kick from someone who knows what they're doing was the most pain i've felt in training.

that, or john dixson standing over me and throwing a small, hard medicine ball into my stomach several times.

I had a trainer back in the day who used to love punishing us with leg kicks during sparring.  He definitely helped me improve my leg kick defense. 

One day we were sparring pretty hard and he landed a solid kick to my thigh.  I managed to feint a punch and land my own return kick on his thigh.  I knew he was going to try and get me back by landing another, harder, kick of his own, so I 'gave' him an open look at my thigh but was quick enough to bring my leg up to block.  Sure enough this one came HARD...unluckily for both of us his shin hit directly on the top of my knee.  We both were wearing the cloth style shin pads but that shit fucking hurt like hell.   We both limped out of the ring and called it quits for the day.

I am hard pressed to think of a more painfull thing than shin to shin.  I always wear shin guards and I still always have very bruised up shins.  I do not kick banana trees.

DW -  I had a trainer back in the day who used to love punishing us with leg kicks during sparring.  He definitely helped me improve my leg kick defense. 

One day we were sparring pretty hard and he landed a solid kick to my thigh.  I managed to feint a punch and land my own return kick on his thigh.  I knew he was going to try and get me back by landing another, harder, kick of his own, so I 'gave' him an open look at my thigh but was quick enough to bring my leg up to block.  Sure enough this one came HARD...unluckily for both of us his shin hit directly on the top of my knee.  We both were wearing the cloth style shin pads but that shit fucking hurt like hell.   We both limped out of the ring and called it quits for the day.

I'm almost crying in pain, reading this!

I accidentally broke my brothers leg with a shin on shin hit in a backyard soccer game

cdiorio13 - I accidentally broke my brothers leg with a shin on shin hit in a backyard soccer game

oh fuck the horror

whitejoe - 
cdiorio13 - I accidentally broke my brothers leg with a shin on shin hit in a backyard soccer game

oh fuck the horror
It's sickening. Typing that made me remember it. It was 10 years ago I'm about to call him up and apologize again lol

I just heard a "SNAP" and it hurt enough that I went down, I looked over at him and.........ughhh god

Ouch.  My shins and the bottom of my feet were not meant to be touched.

knee to the face (accidental but hard as I was shooting in) > shin2shin

Druskee27 - The 1st time I got shin checked it dropped me. Now I can kick banana trees like nothing

banana trees are wicked soft

hard shin to knee contact sucks something aweful too. 

It gets easier, but early I'd definitely say its the most painful routine practice one endeavors in training and no getting hit in the nuts is not routine, though a lot more painful.

I was sparring with this guy once (200+ pounds of steroid muscle type of freak) and went for a back kick perhaps a bit harder than I should while at the same time he stepped in and tried to high kick me! His nuts got a full blow, I mean the guy went backwards, down and started crying. Man its shit like that hurt the most and I dont even have to experience it to confirm it.

Shin to shin, ehhh sure it stings like hell but oh man...

of routine blows duno about you guys but I really seem to get hit right on the funny bone quite often and that shit just ain't funny

Shin to shin hurts enough that you gotta be pretty tough to not show the pain on your face or drop to the ground..lol.

Once though I threw a low kick as a guy was moving backwards, he raised his knee just in time and the top of my foot hit square on the knee. I never felt such pain in my life..I immediately could not put weight on it..and walking was hard for maybe 2 months, it always hurt...all the time.

Then one day I was messing around on a trampoline with my girl and rolled over my foot and hear about 3 or 4 loud pops and it felt amazing instantly! and has felt great since. :) Trampolines are the answer.

Having an elbow dropped downward full force into the top of my foot just behind the toes when I attempted a body kick was the most pain I felt during training.
My foot swelled up so badly I couldn't wear shoes for a few days, and I was out of training for a week.

My shin is killing me now. Also it took a solid 6 weeks for my leg to stop hurting after 2 thigh kicks that I recieved in a fight. Didnt feel em much during, but damn I limped for days.

Bull_in_chinashop -  knee to the face (accidental but hard as I was shooting in) > shin2shin

I took a full knee to the face from Wes Combs the same way. That was pretty damn bad.

I will say shin to shin is misery. I am always limping around as a result.

Shin kicks are weird. I used to train with this complete douchebag. He was a pretty good wrestler, admittedly, but he had zero standup, so I'd get even with him for all the damn throws he put on me.

We were kickboxing with shin pads on and he threw a hard kick at my knee and I shin-checked him perfectly, mostly through sheer luck. It hit at the perfect angle and despite wearing pads he limped away and for the rest of the time he trained, he ragged on me for how bad I hurt him. It was awesome because nobody liked the guy either, and that was really the most hurt we could put on him.