Shin to Shin kicks....

Shin to instep as bad or worse. I can usually deal with shin on shin collisions, but the few times I've had kicks checked on my instep I've had to stop sparring.

You would be hard pressed to find something more uncomfortable than hard shin to shin contact. My first time training in Thailand I thought my shins were pretty well conditionaed, I checked a kick from a kid that was probably only maybe 16 or 17 and instantly had a bump the size of a softball and some of the darkest bruising I have ever had. The top of your foot catching an elbow sends an electric shock through the body every time for me also.

Big Toe vs. Shin is the most painfull.

mmarkrobinson - I am a bitch. I do not train muay thai primarily because of the shin kick. I am black and have black people legs. High calves, skinny ankles. I have seen one too many shin break videos. It frightens me. My best friend has been training muay thai on and off since he was about 6 (hes thai). His shins are like concrete compared to mine.

Ill stick to boxing wrestling and jiu jitsu. Since i have no intention of fighting professionally i dont see it as a problem. My little shotokan kicks are good enough for me.

Id rather have my orbital cracked again than to get kicked hard in the shins.

Ernesto Hoost, had the best low kick in MT in my opinion.... everyone feared it.

I hate when elbows get in the way of body kicks. FYI I also hate the gelatinous substance on Jimmy Johns' turkey.

I still find it weird after doing a check that sometimes you feel very little while the aggressor's shins feel like shit. Thus, I prefer being defensive as far as kicking.

Ah, I'll second the elbows too.

Hammersquash -    When I was a kid me and two of my buddies were goofing around on one of their front lawns.  They were throwing low kicks back and forth as hard as they could.  It was a total fluke when both right legs came together mid shin. They were both wearing shorts and strangly enough the smaller of the two suffered the least damaged with a fractured shin and a torn tibial tendon. The larger kids shin snapped clean in half Corey Hill style except when he went down the upper bone must have been a radial fracture as it stuck about 2 inches into the dirt.  I will never forget the sight of him trying to pull his leg out of the sod and all of the muck stuck in the bone.  I get fucking chills thinking about it....

Jaysus! Just reading that makes me want to puke. Can't imagine witnessing it.

Shin to shin is sick reeling pain

DaveGarcia - I hate when elbows get in the way of body kicks. FYI I also hate the gelatinous substance on Jimmy Johns' turkey.

That's perfectly good turkey jelly!~

The first time I got shin checked it dropped me. Now I can kick bananas like nothing.

The first time I got banana'd it dropped me.

The first time I got dropped, I got banana'd.

Wait that sounds bad...