Shogun Hitting Mitts w/ Freddie Roach *New

Leck Brosnar - Training with Roach while preparing for Sonnen is the worst thing he can do. Try throwing power combos while pivoting and being ready to stuff one of the best double legs in the sport.
While I acknowledge he is surely doing much more. I agree with this. Phone Post 3.0

shogun's guard is very active, gonna be interesting to see if chael can control him from top. Shogun does that leg hook to sweep quite well.

roperninja -
Leck Brosnar - Training with Roach while preparing for Sonnen is the worst thing he can do. Try throwing power combos while pivoting and being ready to stuff one of the best double legs in the sport.
While I acknowledge he is surely doing much more. I agree with this. Phone Post 3.0
Disagree...I think anything that's focusing him on improving and being engaged is a great move. If he's healthy, he's got a deep bag of tricks and should beat Chael handily. Phone Post 3.0

He's not doing 2x days 7 days a week of boxing you goofs this is just a particular session that happened to be with a world renowned trainer, chill the fuck out

Lol @ the presumptuous keyboard warrior experts....all Shogun does these days is train straight boxing w/ Roach. Yup

allforroy -
roperninja -
Disagree...I think anything that's focusing him on improving and being engaged is a great move. If he's healthy, he's got a deep bag of tricks and should beat Chael handily. Phone Post 3.0
Here's looking towards a great fight friend! Wish all UGers could nicely display difference of opinion like this. VTFU Phone Post 3.0

SKARHEAD - Lol @ the presumptuous keyboard warrior experts....all Shogun does these days is train straight boxing w/ Roach. Yup
Who said that is ALL he does? Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure all you databases behind your fucking keyboards know the exact training regimen required to beat any fighter.

That's why we have so many UFC guys that post here asking for tips. Phone Post 3.0

Welp that autocorrect sure ruined my rant. Fatasses is a word you liberal PC apple iPhone autocorrect bitch. Phone Post 3.0

SKARHEAD - Lol @ the presumptuous keyboard warrior experts....all Shogun does these days is train straight boxing w/ Roach. Yup

this

roperninja -
allforroy -
roperninja -
Here's looking towards a great fight friend! Wish all UGers could nicely display difference of opinion like this. VTFU Phone Post 3.0
Well right on and VTFU right back at ya!

Here's to a great one. Phone Post 3.0

roperninja - 
SKARHEAD - Lol @ the presumptuous keyboard warrior experts....all Shogun does these days is train straight boxing w/ Roach. Yup

If you can't pay attention I can't help you with this question

roperninja - 

Yep. Just the fact that he is making his body remember boxing combinations with a flat footed style while pivoting to get power, won't do any good for a Sonnen fight. He could handle Sonnen on the feet with the skills he already had early in his career.

Good for Shogun. However , Shogun's main problem the last few years has been his cardio not his skills. I can't think of a fight that he wouldn't have faired dramatically better if he had better fight endurance. He is super tough and next to impossible to put away. His skills are diverse but he just fades after the first real effortful exchange in a fight. Perhaps because of his knees but nonetheless there it is.

UGCTT_Messiah - Welp that autocorrect sure ruined my rant. Fatasses is a word you liberal PC apple iPhone autocorrect bitch. Phone Post 3.0

You know what, In a weird roundabout way your original post kinda made sense anyway. In fact I'm going to start using 'database' as an insult from now on.

SKARHEAD - Lol @ the presumptuous keyboard warrior experts....all Shogun does these days is train straight boxing w/ Roach. Yup

Exactly, the stupid in this thread gave me a headache.

Thad's crazy I've seen Freddy do the mitts a lot when to Detroit with him. Shogun did look horrible punching them mitts. Phone Post 3.0

Leck Brosnar - Training with Roach while preparing for Sonnen is the worst thing he can do. Try throwing power combos while pivoting and being ready to stuff one of the best double legs in the sport.

IIRC he got with Roach when he was supposed to fight Lil Nog. This video was probably shot a while ago.

Now that he's fighting Sonnen and has time to prepare, I'm pretty sure a big part of his camp involves wrestling and bjj.... and for the love of God, I hope conditioning is his main focus!

Wasa-B - shogun's guard is very active, gonna be interesting to see if chael can control him from top. Shogun does that leg hook to sweep quite well.

Yeah, he's pretty predictable with it tho. Pretty sure vinny will hook chael up with a counter Phone Post

Jesus KO'd stayrad -
JStrongMMA -
Jesus KO'd stayrad -
JStrongMMA - His boxing won't help him when he his on his back. He should be focused on takedown defense and clinch work for this camp. Phone Post
I'm sure this is the only training he is doing for sonnen. Phone Post 3.0

Oh...is that what I said? Or are you just being a douche bag? Phone Post

I'm the douchebag? Yeah okay fren, I'm sure you have a lot of experience running an managing high level fighter camps , you'll be busy I'm sure kicking ass so I'll let you get back to it Phone Post 3.0

That doesn't have anything to do with this conversation. You still aren't making much sense. Phone Post