Should UFC bring back Marcio "Pe de Pano" Cruz???

If not, I am sure that Strikeforce will pick him up.

Name Marcio Cruz
Nick Name Pe de Pano
Record 5 - 2 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)
Wins 1 (T)KOs ( 20 %)
2 Submissions ( 40 %)
1 Decisions ( 20 %)
1 Other ( 20 %)
Losses 1 (T)KOs ( 50 %)
1 Decisions ( 50 %)
Association Gracie Fusion
Height 6'4" (194cm)
Weight 232lbs (106kg)
Birth Date 1978-04-24
City Rio de Janeiro
Country Brazil

Win Dan Christison Decision (Unanimous) ICF - Breakout 4/11/2009 3 5:00
Win Mu Bae Choi Submission (Triangle Armbar) Sengoku - Third Battle 6/8/2008 1 4:37
Win Rafael Cavalcante DQ (Illegal kick) IFL - Las Vegas 6/16/2007 3 3:42
Loss Andrei Arlovski KO (Punches) UFC 66 - Liddell vs Ortiz II 12/30/2006 1 3:15
Loss Jeff Monson Decision (Split) UFC 59 - Reality Check 4/15/2006 3 5:00
Win Frank Mir TKO (Punches and Elbows) UFC 57 - Liddell vs Couture 3 2/4/2006 1 4:10
Win Keigo Kunihara Submission (Rear Naked Choke) UFC 55 - Fury 10/7/2005 2 1:02

i think so

biggest asshole in BJJ

no matter how skilled he is, he has some of the worst sportsmanship i've ever seen

walr?s - If anything, you should be asking if Strikeforce will sign Arlovski and Pe de Pano to add more depth.

By the way, Pe de Pano is fighting Tom Sauer in AOF 4 on Friday.

He's also said that he is looking to go down to the light-heavyweight division. 

They are fighting tonight?

Michael Vronsky - biggest asshole in BJJ

no matter how skilled he is, he has some of the worst sportsmanship i've ever seen

He takes it to such an outrageously bad level, it's almost an art in itself. I love just waiting for the next trainwreck to unfold.

TTT for Pe Depano!

I'm surprised he hasn't been brought back already. Despite how uninteresting a Cruz/Mir rematch sounds, the UFC loves giving guys a chance to avenge a loss.

walr?s - He is known for "surfing" on his opponents like he did here against Yuki Sasaki in the Absolute division of the 2003 ADCC. Skip ahead to 2:40 in the video.

or how about Pe de Pano's shitbaggery at the 2004 Arnold. it was staggering how much of an asshole he was throughout the entire event

omg man 4 threads in a row, play in traffic! quit putting records up.

doerksenfan - I'm surprised he hasn't been brought back already. Despite how uninteresting a Cruz/Mir rematch sounds, the UFC loves giving guys a chance to avenge a loss.

I would watch Cruz Vs Mir 2. Mir needs a fight like this right now.

Calhoon - Mir would get owned again.

Pe de Pano has real world class jiu-jitsu not U.F.C. world class jiu-jitsu.

And no Mir's striking would not be a factor.

Interesting opinion....

Pe de Pano and Seth Petruzelli fight tomorrow night in Tampa

http://www.artoffighting.tv/blog/

Michael Vronsky - 
walr?s - He is known for "surfing" on his opponents like he did here against Yuki Sasaki in the Absolute division of the 2003 ADCC. Skip ahead to 2:40 in the video.

or how about Pe de Pano's shitbaggery at the 2004 Arnold. it was staggering how much of an asshole he was throughout the entire event
What did he do at the Arnolds?

The UFC needs more assholes. I say bring him back.

Perhaps most baffling about his behavior is that he's given interviews claiming he has no idea why people dont cheer for him.

he would tool mir again

Calhoon - Mir would get owned again.

Pe de Pano has real world class jiu-jitsu not U.F.C. world class jiu-jitsu.

And no Mir's striking would not be a factor.

Yeah but he is not only an asshole but he has problems putting away white belts!!!

I found this video on YouTube. There are like 4-5 of them. Looks like this kid Barnett is a white belt and took Cruz 20+ minutes into this match. He wasn't surfin here!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnC61ZVDQ6E

No, don't bring him back. I watched him fight in the UFC & IFL and I found him to be a boring fighter to watch that had little to no standup game. If he couldn't make it a grappling match then he was in trouble. While he may be a great grappler his grappling style isn't that interesting to watch for anybody that isn't a hardcore grappling fan. It also seems like he doesn't show up in the best shape either. Outside of him being a big name I don't think he has a lot to offer a big org.

I heard he was dropping to LHW. Has this already happened, or is he still fighting as a HW?

tuffnuff - 
Michael Vronsky - 

What did he do at the Arnolds?

They had a challenge that anyone could sign up for. You had to last five minutes with Pe de Pano and you win money. Well they randomly drew Marc Adams a purple belt and solid wrestler. Marc is hanging and stalling pretty good (that is all anyone else was planning to do...so everyone was cheering him to stall his ass off). Well Cruz gets an arm drag to the back with about a minute and a half left and starts cross facing Marc (who is about 50 pounds lighter) til his face is a bloody mess. He tapped him with about 45 seconds to go. The crowd thought it was very uncalled for.

Secondly in the finals of the no gi heavyweight he and monson are going. Relson said you can use the can opener to open the guard (so as a guard break) but not to submit your opponent. Well Cruz is in his guard Jeff use the can opener in attempt to open the legs but Cruz taps out and jumps to his feet celebrating saying that he won because Jeff cheated. Chaos begins finishes with Jeff tackling Leo Dala. Funniest thing is Pe De Pano and Jeff agreed to split the money prior to the match....hahaha there was no point to doing what cruz did

^^^
Funniest thing about that was Monson ripping his shorts off and walking out in his jock strap.