Should UFC bring back Marcio "Pe de Pano" Cruz???

I think Dirty Bob deserves consideration for his match with Matsui. He stomped (which was illegal at the time) Matsui in the back of the head (also illegal) while grabbing the ropes (illegal) while the referee was already trying to drag him off, thus breaking four different rules simultaneously with a single barrage of headstomps. It's hard to match that kind of dedication to cheating.

Cruz could still beat Mir. Also a great cheater.

Let's not forget about Gerrard Gordeau when it comes to dirty fighters.

OctopusFighter - I think Dirty Bob deserves consideration for his match with Matsui. He stomped (which was illegal at the time) Matsui in the back of the head (also illegal) while grabbing the ropes (illegal) while the referee was already trying to drag him off, thus breaking four different rules simultaneously with a single barrage of headstomps. It's hard to match that kind of dedication to cheating.

LOL - With JiujitsuBoxers permission, I would like to hijack this thread to discuss who is the absolute best at being an unsportsmanlike asshole. tho some of the above examples are high art indeed and will be tough to top.

Inside the ring, I think Gordeau was probably the worst since he blinded Yuki Nakai in one eye by intentionally gouging him. I can't think of anyone else who has done that kind of damage.

Gilbert Yvel is a scumbag.

Mike Kyle bit Wes Sims.

Marcio Cruz is actually a pretty nice guy outside of the ring/cage. I speak with him every so often and he has always been respectful

"I think Dirty Bob deserves consideration for his match with Matsui. He stomped (which was illegal at the time) Matsui in the back of the head (also illegal) while grabbing the ropes (illegal) while the referee was already trying to drag him off, thus breaking four different rules simultaneously with a single barrage of headstomps. It's hard to match that kind of dedication to cheating."

Very epic.

I was waiting for him to live up to his rep against Vanderlei but he didnt do anything dirty.

"Cruz could still beat Mir. Also a great cheater. "

Mir was a great cheater back in the day. He eye gouged Wes Simms to get an armbar.

Gordeau was up there for damage but Hess bit and raked Andy Anderson's eyes to the point where he lost vision as well.

HELWIG -  
I was waiting for him to live up to his rep against Vanderlei but he didnt do anything dirty.

He was also scrupulously polite and clean when fighting Igor, demonstrating that his dedication to poor sportsmanship was not stronger than his inherent sense of self-preservation.

Tigre's behavior consisted of spitting/barking during most of his matches.

Juijitsuboxer - 
doerksenfan - I'm surprised he hasn't been brought back already. Despite how uninteresting a Cruz/Mir rematch sounds, the UFC loves giving guys a chance to avenge a loss.

I would watch Cruz Vs Mir 2. Mir needs a fight like this right now.
Mir would lose a fight like this again imo.  I think PDP is a bad matchup for Mir. 

OctopusFighter - 
HELWIG -  

He was also scrupulously polite and clean when fighting Igor, demonstrating that his dedication to poor sportsmanship was not stronger than his inherent sense of self-preservation.

LOL, so true!

If you saw him fight Saturday night against Sauer you would think he'd never trained a day of standup in his life. Just pitiful. His BJJ is great, but his standup is so poor he just doesn't belong in the UFC.

Everyone who knows him says he's a good guy. Why does he just love poor sportsmanship?

NO!

HELWIG -  Everyone who knows him says he's a good guy. Why does he just love poor sportsmanship?

Bas always said Dirty Bob was a great guy too, and I've heard similar things about Mike Kyle.

Perhaps their love of cheating simply eclipses their otherwise sunny personalities.

yes the ufc is about nice guys...1/2 the fighter a scum. PDP would hurt the class of teh ufc. Don't think he is skilled enough but listening to white drop f-bombs all day doesn't think the ufc imagine will be hurt

BRING HIM BACK UFC!!

ttt

kungfugrip - yes the ufc is about nice guys...1/2 the fighter a scum. PDP would hurt the class of teh ufc. Don't think he is skilled enough but listening to white drop f-bombs all day doesn't think the ufc imagine will be hurt

What?

OctopusFighter - 
HELWIG -  

Naw man, Dirty Bob, while a dirty fighter, was also as fucking tough as anybody and a pretty fair kickboxer. I doubt fear had anything to do with it, perhaps he just respected or thought Igor was a good guy (as most people who met him seemed to think of Igor)

Cruz smashed UFC poster boy Frank Mir. I think they should bring hime back.