Sick of Training

but thats not what that article was talking about.

ttt for toxic midichlorians

Im interested in seeing Jonwell's question answered.

Yeah yeah. Get off me. Just TTTing the goddamn thread. ;)

"Hopefully he will have a Personalized Pathology Performance Pyramid Portfolio "

Damn near the funniest thing i've read on this forum.

"It's more like 10:1, and the populations are acquired shortly after birth."

Didn't read the article yet, but here's something interesting i read about once, many moons ago. Iron, as a nutrient helps to acquire/breed/whatever yeast in the intestines. Ergo, baby formulas "NOW FORTIFIED WITH IRON" can be pretty bad for babies whose microflora have yet to fully develop.

I'll check out the link.

"you need that stuff in order to have a healthy digestive tract. its not parasitic in nature."

Symbiotic IMO. And yeah, i was just being a pain in the ass. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

-doug-

I'll have to respectfully disagree with Scott's assessment of this physical reaction to training as being the Herxheimer Reaction. There is no scientific evidence to suggest that this occurs in situations other than during treatment of infectious diseases such as Syphilis and in that case it usually only occurs in late stage treatment when the patient has a significant infection.

Scott's recommendations of healthy eating, hydration and rest are still good in this situation, but his explanation of why this occurs leaves something to be desired, such as evidence.

^ Nicely written.

Harv:

HEHVEHWEIGHT!!!!

Where did you get all this info? You been holding out????

"his explanation of why this occurs leaves something to be desired, such as evidence."

ha.

It's an easy Wikipedia search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarisch-Herxheimer_reaction

If you don't like Wikipedia you can also search Medline. No references to anything regarding physical training.

http://vsearch.nlm.nih.gov/vivisimo/cgi-bin/query-meta?v%3Aproject=medlineplus&query=Herxheimer+reaction&x=0&y=0

You can also search here.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

The detox industry seems to have co-opted this phenomenon to justify their various programs, but in reality it's a reaction caused by the treatment of severe bacterial infection and not something that just happens because you exercise hard. It's caused by a reaction to the release of endotoxins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endotoxins

Endotoxins are "natural compounds found inside pathogens such as bacteria." Unless you have a significant bacterial infection that is being treated you aren't having a Herxheimer reaction.

Thanks Hehveh!

Good thread.

Until someone can name them and measure these "toxins" both before and after any "detox," I'm calling shenanigans.

ttt

ttt

ttt, lol, wtf.

"Your intestines have a lot of decaying food that's stuck in them. It's possible for toxins to develop there and then be absorbed into your bloodstream."

No they don't. If waste gets stuck in your intestines you will feel a noticeable abdominal pain and probably need a trip to the hospital. Most people move waste through their digestive system just fine. We do not have food stuck and decaying in our intestines.

"Sounds as though Scott has a theory and was just throwing it around."

That's NOT what it sounds like to me. These are Scott's words:
"Some are experiencing flu-like symptoms about two weeks into the initial phase of metabolic conditioning (MetCon). It's not unusual, and I thought I should take some time out of my schedule to explain why."

He's kindly taking time out of his schedule to "explain" what's really going on. This is NOT just a guy throwing out a theory, it's a guy who is trying to pose as an authority, when in fact he is clearly no such thing.

The boldness and utter confidence in his delivery is certainly an effective sales tactic, and has been used with great effect by marketers, salesmen, and con men for centuries, but it is this very thing that REALLY turns me off about the guy.

It's one thing to "fake it till you make it" and act like you know what you're talking about in certain circumstances in which you are (or ought to be) clearly unsure, but I find it distasteful in the health/medical context.

Either he knows he is just taking best guesses at explanations, but is CHOOSING to present it as though he truly knows for certain, to best benefit his marketing efforts, OR, he honestly doesn't even know enough to realize what he doesn't know, yet nonetheless finds it appropriate to speak as a knowing authority.

Not good.

And I'd love to hear his response to the questions raised on this thread, though I don't expect it.