Sick of Training

"We do not have food stuck and decaying in our intestines"

zombies do.

Now it's up to you to provide some solid proof why it's not possible for decaying food to get stuck in the intestines.

Uh, nobody said it wasn't possible, just not very common.

And LOL @ referencing that site for anything other than a way to take your money.  Never, NEVER trust an 'information' site that just happens to sell an 'easy to take supplement' in order to get the most benefit from the 'information' presented. Conflict of interest, much?

I will have to concur that digestion-health.com is pushing an agenda and is not a legitimate medical information source.

How about this from the University of Texas Cancer Center.

http://www.mdanderson.org/diseases/colorectal/display.cfm?id=80b56700-7f3d-11d4-aec800508bdcce3a&method=displayfull

Do colon cleansing products and processes reduce one's cancer risk?

In a word, no. "It's all nonsense," says Bernard Levin, M.D., vice president for cancer prevention at M. D. Anderson. "It's all about selling products for an exorbitant amount of money that you can buy over the counter for very little - if you even need them at all."

Levin, an internationally recognized colorectal cancer expert, says the colon is a complex, dynamic organ that is constantly shedding old cells - a process that rarely needs any help. He concedes that laxatives can help ease constipation, if used properly. "Chronic use of laxatives to cleanse the colon is not a good idea, since some drugs can alter the colon lining or upset the intricate balance of chemicals and bacteria."

When striving for a healthy colon, it's all about what goes into your body. "There's no doubt that diet has a lot to do with what's in the colon," Levin says. "If you're eating a lot of red meat and fat, it's not as good for you in general. The way to avoid or mitigate the effects of an unhealthy diet is not to change what's in the colon, but to change what comes in the front end."

So basically colon cleansing is another snake oil solution.

Who knew that eating well would produce good overall health, not to mention colon health. You learn something new every day.

migo, do you understand that you are making the positive claim that decaying food commonly gets stuck in the intestines, yet you have not provided a reasonable or reliable source for it. no, digestion-health.com does not count. first provide a source that verifies your claim if you want someone to have a reason to come back at you.

lol@ using some loony tune website as a reference.

Some people are dumb enough to believe anything.

Consider the following:
http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum2/10473.html

"Who said anything about cancer? How about we stay on topic. IE, a reliable source that says food doesn't decay when in your intestines regardless of what you eat or what your current condition is."

How about you stop ignoring what he says about colon cleansing products doing anything for your health. That ties back into the whole colon blockage thing. It's not a common problem and even if it was there isn't anything that a colon cleansing product would do for you. Why do I bring this up? Because you linked to a site that sells colon cleansing products as your evidence for colon blockage being common.

"How about my doctor? I've got consistent abdominal pain on the left side (so not the appendix), and the doctor said it was likely an intestinal blockage. Given how long I've had it for (and the doctor knows this), it would have been there for a long time, and therefore decaying. Obviously doctors can be wrong, but it's not an uncommon notion, so there should be something out there that solidly prooves it's not the case."

Great, now ask your doctor if a high colonic would have done anything to help this situation? Also ask your doctor how common this situation is.

Answer Key: No and Not very.

If you have an intestinal blockage then you very likely have a serious medical condition that is not common and not treatable via colon cleansing.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/intestinal-obstruction/DS00823

"Reliable source that says food can't decay in your intestines for
whatever reason, regardless of frequency of occurence in the
population."

Isn't this oxymoronic?

If there is ANY "frequency of occurance" your "source" would be
wrong...

Or am I off my nut?

Migo, what is your point?

Your original post...

"Here's something I'll throw out: Your intestines have a lot of decaying food that's stuck in them. It's possible for toxins to develop there and then be absorbed into your bloodstream. No idea how that ties in with J-H though."

Your original position was that the general population has "A LOT" of decaying food stuck in their intestines.

Am I wrong? Would you like to clarify? I don't think anyone else would disagree with my assessment of that statement.

"Reliable source that says food can't decay in your intestines for whatever reason, regardless of frequency of occurence in the population."

Now you want me to prove that it can't ever happen? Where did you prove that it can?! You made a blatantly false statement with little specificity and it's been successfully disproved.

You linked to some crazy website that sells colon cleansing products as your source for your original point. It is obvious to everyone else but you that that source has no credibility at all.

I in turn linked to various more credible sources that show that colon blockage occurs in people who have certain diseases and hereditary digestive system issues, but not in the general populace.

Therefore I can say with certainty that in general people do not have food stuck in their bowels.

Ah, smell the logic.

Migo, my brother is a doctor. He is also a high-level triathlete and fanatic about his health.

I asked him a few years ago if the whole "food stuck in your intestines" thing was true, and he looked at me like I was retarded. I'll spare you the withering sarcasm my eldest brother is capable of, but the long and short of it is no, we do not walk around with plauques, old food, or anything else hanging around in our gut for years.

An intestinal blockage will quickly become very painful and potentially deadly. Somehow I don't think your doctor glibly mentioned the possibility of an intestinal blockage and then sent you on your merry way.

If he did--find another doctor.

Not that snopes is a solid source but it certainly makes an entertaining read

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/fecalcolon.asp

Migo, meet Atecexa. Atecexa, meet Migo.

A number of other people have already explained it to you and some have provided sources. There is no evidence showing that colon cleanses have any health benefits, and the commonly given reason to do them--that we all have "undigested food" in our colon--is simply not true.

If you want evidence, I suggest you go pick up a human anatomy book and read it, rather than relying on random websites for informaiton.

I find it very hard to believe that your doctor didn't find an intestinal blockage to be something to be worried about.

The fact that an intestinal blockage can kill you is not my brother's opinion, it is fact. You will be in an ER very quickly if you actually have some sort of blockage in your intestinal tract.

I suspect that you are either confused about what your doctor said, or making the story up. It is also quite possible that you are a blithering retard.

And just in case you want evidence that either a.) your doctor is incompentent or b.) you are lying:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/intestinal-obstruction/DS00823

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowel_obstruction

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000260.htm

In short, both the Mayo Clinc and the National Institute of Health--pretty much two of the best sources for medical info around--state that intestinal blockages are a serious issue that may require immediate treatment. In any case, no doctor should let a patient who may have an intestinal blockage walk out the door. In some cases they can be fatal within 12-24 hours, especially if parts of the intestine die due to lack of blood flow.

Now, given the claims of the colon-cleansing gurus about the massive amounts of old poop we are all carrying around in our colons, you would think one of those sources would have mentioned that as a possible cause or contributing cause of intestinal blockages.

But they don't. Because colon cleansing is...excuse the pun...a load of shit.

God this is such a shitty thread....

migo. your doctor is lying or you are. I work in a hospital and as soon as a patient in the er is found to have an intestinal blockage guess what... they dont get sent home.

they come to the hospital floor and an ng tube is put down thier nose. btw we dont start feeding them colon cleansers.

Wow, caught in a lie and arguing away.

You are lying about what your doctor said. Whether an intestinal blockage "can" or "will" lead to death--and it will, it just depends on how quickly--is irrelevant.

NO COMPETENT DOCTOR would allow a patient to leave their care without treating a condition like that. Because you "can" die from it, they would be risking their career by letting you walk out the door.

Also, see sourcheese's post. He is a nurse in a fairly large hospital. People with intestinal blockages are not just sent on their merry way.

If you are arguing that intestinal blockages may not be dangerous, you are either a fucking idiot (likely) or a troll (possible). You apparently don't have any understanding about how the human digestive system works.

I'll make it simple:

Blocked intestines=death. Either through death of the tissues of the intestines themselves or intestinal rupture. Both of which will cause sepsis and an excruicatingly painful death.

"What is wrong with your brain? I never said anything about colon cleanses."

YOur first statement on this thread was a pile of drivel about how we have old, decaying food stuck in our intestines. You then posted a "source"--and I use that word as loosely as possible--that was from a site selling colon clease products.

The colon cleanse con men use the whole "decaying food in the intestines" argument to sell their snake oil.

I have been pointing out how incorrect your inital statement was. The only reason colon cleansing was brought up was because you use the same arguments.

Now go away and try to read a book that doesn't involve pop-up pictures and furry animals as main characters.

Ok, I'm done. You win. Enjoy your ignorance.

"NO COMPETENT DOCTOR would allow a patient to leave their care without treating a condition like that. Because you "can" die from it, they would be risking their career by letting you walk out the door."

Fuck. NO COMPETENT VET will allow a damn dog or cat to leave with one without explaining to owners that they will likely die without surgery. Intestinal blockages are SERIOUS problems, and I'd be forced to say that somebody is talking a huge pile of crap if they say their doctor diagnosed it and sent them away. Complete BS.