Sign here if you're still a Reem fan

I thought he did what he had to. I can't criticize his performance heavily because Werdum just threw him off his gamewith the constant flopping and wild rushing. His striking didn't look top form because Werdum's awkward movement was definitely fucking up his timing IMO. He also didnt throw kicks because the one he threw got caught by werdum and he was threatened with a takedown. People are ripping on him but that's unfair, the guy tried to put werdum away and hurt him several times. As for calling it an off night, I just think Werdum's awkward antics threw him off. Very reminiscent of the Leites strategy vs Anderson.

still a fan, i don't give a sheeeeeeeit

StrongCat - LOL he got a gifted decision. He was getting tooled on the feet by Werdum. Fedor would have annihilated this poor guy.

Seriously. Reem is quite possibly the most overrated heavyweight on the planet, edging out Lesnar.

Stick to K-1 Reem. Please...

Someones mad that their favorite fighter bitched out like Leites.

signed

Signed. Werdum ruined that fight, not Alistair.

Signed

Still a fan for sure, but I no longer think he is the best hw on the planet.

Signed Phone Post

Signed

Reem vs Bigfoot will be a completely different fight

signed

Signed.

It was a pretty good fight, and Overeem earned his way into top ten, probably top five by beating a top fighter.

Werdum pulled guard from clinch (totally legit), and shot from outside, both of which are completely okay in MMA. Getting into the clinch with Overeem isn't trivial, neither is the shot from outside - if they were, everyone would be doing it. Overeem countered both nicely. It was a chess game, and Overeem showed a lot of mental composure in winning it.

The only thing I'd criticize either fighter with was coming in out of shape - both gassed badly. You're professional athletes, you're supposed to be able to compete for the duration of your event. Do you often see NBA players completely gassing by the 4th quarter?

Still my favourite British HW..

BushidoAristotle - He comes across as a great person, so I'm still a fan. But I no longer think he can compete with the top 5 HWs.

Well that's interesting because he just not only competed with one, but beat a consensus top 5 HW. Also curious who the other top 5 HWs that he can't compete with. You have Cain & JDS(who I still think he would be more than competitive with), but after that, who are the 3 guys you don't think he can hang with?

Frank Mir?
Bigfoot?
Brock?
Shane Carwin?

I more than like Alistair's chances against any of those guys.

Signed.
I really don't understand why people would stop being a fan after last night. He put on a great performance.
He executed amazing takedown defence, he showed he can defend himself well on the ground with "the best grappler in the division", he showed that his chin really isn't that bad.
So he couldn't get the KO? So what!? He beat Werdum down to the point that he could barely stand up!

Unless someone got the KO or a Submission, it was never going to be an exciting fight stylistically. Phone Post

Signed 

Signed x 100 Phone Post

signed, but wondering why do some guys CHOOSE to fight dumb...that leg was there to be taken...

signed

I feel Werdum is a bit like Big Nog in his prime, great jits and pretty solid stand up. He def. gave Overeem a hard time.

Anyway, still an Overeem fan.