Silva/Belfort possibly off?

http://tatame.com/2010/02/11/Belfort-possibly-injured-title-fight-canceled

I don't know how reliable Tatame is, though.

Good thing Chael said he was already training in case someone gets injured.

If this is true, 112 is going to be really fucking intersting

If this puts Chael next in line.. I'm not that sad.

But until it's official..

At this point in time...I would rather have Chael fight Anderson. Then let Chael make his first title defense against Belfort when he is ready.

Heartbroken Lee - Tatame is like the biggest Brazilian online MMA site. Their info is probably good, but they obviously don't have all the facts yet.

If Belfort is out I wonder what they'll do with Silva. Would Sonnen be ready in time? What about a fight with a LHW?

I believe Sonnen was listed on the UFC 109 injury report as being required to have no contact until sometime in March do to the lacerations he received.  That would probably make it pretty difficult for him to prepare for Silva by April.

frontrowbrian -  Belfort never deserved the fight to begin with. ZERO wins within UFC at 185 lbs. Beating Rich Franklin at a catch weight should not equal title shot

This

Thiago Silva vs. Anderson Silva at 205lbs.. let's make this interesting.

Edit double.

Sucks if true....

I say Sonnen vs Silva or Couture vs Silva (although it would be a slaughterfest)..Luiz Cane is another possibilty.

I hope this is not true.. Im excited for this fight

god dammit....

I say put Chael in there if Vitor's gone, assuming Chael's cut will heal in time. If not then it looks like they'll have to find a LHW as no top MW is really free unless they give the shot to Marquardt anyway.

I just talked to Dave Meltzer, and he told me he heard the same thing (that the fight is off). He's checking on it and getting back to me shortly. If I find out before that, I'll post it up.

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

JerseyJoeJitsu - 
frontrowbrian -  Belfort never deserved the fight to begin with. ZERO wins within UFC at 185 lbs. Beating Rich Franklin at a catch weight should not equal title shot

This

giggles at people that still think the UFC has rankings

Mamushi - 
Heartbroken Lee - Tatame is like the biggest Brazilian online MMA site. Their info is probably good, but they obviously don't have all the facts yet.

If Belfort is out I wonder what they'll do with Silva. Would Sonnen be ready in time? What about a fight with a LHW?

I believe Sonnen was listed on the UFC 109 injury report as being required to have no contact until sometime in March do to the lacerations he received.  That would probably make it pretty difficult for him to prepare for Silva by April.

With Sonnen's injury situation and Belfort being off the card for sure, it's gonna be hard to find Anderson a legit opponent at MW for April

Put Chael In

Too bad Hendo is in SF now.  = (

He should have been the guy next in line to fight IMO.

$50 says Anderson and Ed refuse who is offered to them.

Fuckity fuck