Since May of 2020, 60% of UFC events have been at the APEX

The apex is to be commended for the 2020 events. Those were incredible. Having the ufc lead the charge on bringing sports back was a great look for us fight fans

But it’s time to fucking go holy shit man

2 Likes

The Apex is cancer to fight cards

2 Likes

But Ur a casual, so that’s ok

1 Like

Ngannou won the title in the Apex.

He deserved no fans cheering him,
Greedy sell out

1 Like

Tv deal wich requiers X amount of events and the ufc becoming its on Feeder League is the main reason for the apex. Its like FORD that was the first car company to streamline their production and start pushing out more cars for less price…

Do I like it - no. In fact These days i watch more from one fc then the Ufc

1 Like

Oh really? Fight nights at the Apex with 50 fans in attendance look like a small MMA local org that couldn’t sell their tickets. We know the deal, most casual viewers do not.

1 Like

What bugs me about that fight/event was Stipe losing his title in the Apex, so sad to lose it in front of 34 people.

They both deserved so much more.

F the Scamdemic

1 Like

So the Holly Holm main event card coming very soon…

Would u agree that this card deserves to be in the APEX

I love a big PPV but I like apex too. Different vibes for sure.

2 Likes

I would watch the HW fight and also check out Durmont’s big butt

The card is weak, I agree
I just don’t enjoy the fights in front of the Tiny crowd…I would prefer them to be in smaller venues

I speculate that if they had to put fights on in front of live crowds the cards would be a bit more appetizing, it would force them to put better fights on to sell tickets.
One could argue that the APEX allows the UFC to put on these subpar cards.

Don’t enable a 5 billion dollar company to put out a barely watchable product.

If they have to keep using Apex then build a bigger one and at least have a couple thousand people in there…fucking tiny garage is tiney

2 Likes

That’s a fair point

2 Likes

Norma’s Dumper

mma-giggle

3 Likes

That card shouldnt exist at all.

But they’ve got Vettori/Cannonier, Tsarukyan, Strickland, Ismagulov, Dalby, Kevin Lee, Razak all fighting in the Apex next month. Some good and/or entertaining fighters there who should be fighting in front of a proper crowd.

2 Likes

Yep
Those guys spent years becoming UFC fighters to fight in front of 27 people

There is no argument that makes such a thing compute

I just meant it is the right move for them from a revenue and flexibility and control perspective.

As a hardcore, of course I wish UFC did giant awesome supercards like PRIDE GP’s and Shockwave shows but thats a different issue from a different perspective.

4 Likes

UFC needs a place for the next Sean O’Malley, Bo Nickal, Jamahal Hill etc… to get some experience and some exposure to the UFC audience.

With promotions like Bellator, ONE, PFL etc… spending the money to keep an AJ McKee, Garry Tonon, Buchecha etc… UFC needed to be their own feeder league to secure the next Aaron Pico earlier than they needed to ten years ago.

The APEX and streaming is great for what UFC is trying to do in that regard and to me, Contender Series works perfect there. Contender Series is like a Bellator or PFL prelim that fans actually watch.

Just on UFC’s youtube channel, Bo Nickal’s 2nd Contender Series fight has like a million views and that does not even touch on what it did on Fight Pass. Someone like McKee would have to fight ten times on the Bellator prelims for that same exposure and audience and those Bellator shows at venues are a lot more expensive to produce.

1 Like

I get it. But my point is that for the immediate payback, it works, but overall it makes the UFC look bush league. We hardcore fans know the deal, but you think casual viewers that see these 50 people crowds all know that?

1 Like

Bush League and Cheap

Value of Billions and putting on events in a glorified garage

2 Likes

@Six_Demon_Bag

Agreed

1 Like