Skala aka Jared Shaw

After Boxing promtions, Elite XC and Rapping careers; he's now moved on to being an artist.

https://www.instagram.com/jopenheart/

I'd almost forgotten about that little douchebag. Phone Post 3.0

MolsonMuscles - I'd almost forgotten about that little douchebag. Phone Post 3.0

Me too

Thought he be in a kiosk somewhere asking if you want Fries with that. Phone Post 3.0

Hard not to see him as a poser but he's seemingly doing better than expected. Phone Post 3.0

"I Am Not One Of Anything ... I Am One Of Everything"   

Sounds like a Jaden Smith meme.

anyone remember the twitchy interview he gave, saying it was no problem that kimbo lost? haha

Ugh...I used to work with that clown at EliteXC. such bad memories. ruined my love of MMA and my career in the sport.

1 Like

his art is as good as his rap

#totalfag

A photo posted by J.Open HeART (@jopenheart) on

sugarhigh - 
PatrickFreitas - Ugh...I used to work with that clown at EliteXC. such bad memories. ruined my love of MMA and my career in the sport.

Details?

Enough EliteXC stories have been told, but I'll share one that specifically bothered me...

I thought it important for Elite XC not to compete for the same talent as the UFC because they would always be able to outbid us either at the original contact offer or at the completion of a contract. I also believed that we had enough side show acts with Kimbo on our roster. I actually like a little side show in my MMA, but not too much. Ultimately, the organization must have respectable talent. Thought we should work harder to find more 'diamonds in the rough' who we could develop at a lower cost structure. I'll admit my approach was long term, but i thought it was in the best interest of the organization's health and marketability. For example, I developed a relationship with Gegard Mousasi's reps. After a few weeks of long distance phone calls to Europe, I had Mousasi's rep agreeing to a an affordable $14k/$14k multi-fight deal. This was long before Mousasi was on UFC or Strikeforce radar. I presented the deal at one of our EliteXC meetings and was nearly laughed out of the room by Skala and Father Shaw. After they shut me down those two went on to seriously discuss signing a one-legged fighter. I was hoping to develop promising, exciting talent and it was clear they wanted to develop side-show acts.

Shortly after Mousasi went on a run of wins that made him a star. EliteXC folded a year later. Not sure what happened to the one-legged guy.

2 Likes

So he just throws buckets of paint at shit now? Phone Post 3.0

PatrickFreitas - 
sugarhigh - 
PatrickFreitas - Ugh...I used to work with that clown at EliteXC. such bad memories. ruined my love of MMA and my career in the sport.

Details?

Enough EliteXC stories have been told, but I'll share one that specifically bothered me...

I thought it important for Elite XC not to compete for the same talent as the UFC because they would always be able to outbid us either at the original contact offer or at the completion of a contract. I also believed that we had enough side show acts with Kimbo on our roster. I actually like a little side show in my MMA, but not too much. Ultimately, the organization must have respectable talent. Thought we should work harder to find more 'diamonds in the rough' who we could develop at a lower cost structure. I'll admit my approach was long term, but i thought it was in the best interest of the organization's health and marketability. For example, I developed a relationship with Gegard Mousasi's reps. After a few weeks of long distance phone calls to Europe, I had Mousasi's rep agreeing to a an affordable $14k/$14k multi-fight deal. This was long before Mousasi was on UFC or Strikeforce radar. I presented the deal at one of our EliteXC meetings and was nearly laughed out of the room by Skala and Father Shaw. After they shut me down those two went on to seriously discuss signing a one-legged fighter. I was hoping to develop promising, exciting talent and it was clear they wanted to develop side-show acts.

Shortly after Mousasi went on a run of wins that made him a star. EliteXC folded a year later. Not sure what happened to the one-legged guy.

LMAO. VU for the story. Please share any more

lol great story Phone Post 3.0

I wonder what father Shaw is up to Phone Post 3.0

J Cov - Hard not to see him as a poser but he's seemingly doing better than expected. Phone Post 3.0
He is just radomly spraying paint on the canvas in some shitty pollock impersonation and adding something that looks like what basquiat would do if he was retarded on top. Phone Post 3.0

If I could rewrite history I'd want T.Jay Thompson in control as Promoter with Rich Chou & JD Penn in charge of talent/matchmaking and myself responsible for marketing. It would essentially put the 4 people who were in charge of 2 biggest mid-level orgs in that era - Icon Sport (aka Superbrawl) and Rumble on the Rock - at the head of EliteXC. I think we would've done better.

2 Likes

He is giving the impression he was included in art basel miami, which i will bet my left nut is bullshit. Just because you have an exhibition during art basel, it does not mean you are part of the official selection. Phone Post 3.0

PatrickFreitas - If I could rewrite history I'd want T.Jay Thompson in control as Promoter with Rich Chou & JD Penn in charge of talent/matchmaking and myself responsible for marketing. It would essentially put the 4 people who were in charge of 2 biggest mid-level orgs in that era - Icon Sport (aka Superbrawl) and Rumble on the Rock - at the head of EliteXC. I think we would've done better.
I remember your posts from that era, Patrick. I always got the impression that you were bashing your head against a hard object while posting about EliteXC and, frankly, I didn't blame you one bit.

Your insight was always awesome to read, though. Glad to see you posting again. Phone Post 3.0

1 Like

As sleazy as he is, Gary Shaw validated female MMA as a viable product.

You know the bar is low for when the best you can say is "well, at least he wasn't a terrorist sympathizer".

Pretty sure he was wishing happy B-Day to himself here.