Snoozeman with his 3rd finish in 4 fights

Very impressive performance and fighter. Tremendously impressive how little I can stand listening to him speak or watching him speak. He’s the biggest douche bag in the ufc and it’s not even close.

3 Likes

I have always hated Usman because he was a decision machine. But now he should get more respect because he progressed into finishing fights.

1 Like

Fren, you mention GSP? I miss unnastan, I apologize

He has faith in his power and when he commits it’s without fear. I think the only hope is either Colby wrestles him or someone goes the gilbert route and blasts him hoping for the quick finish.

Usman is not the man to try to box around with he does too much damage when he lands. He’s coming around amazingly!

1 Like

rogan

2 Likes

I have to re-watch it but Masvidal was saying something, looked like he was trash talking, standing still, hands down when he got caught.

It was almost surreal/in slow motion.

I was literally saying out loud, “Masvidal, stop screwing around” when he got caught.

Bizarre KO.

1 Like

Confident Usman is a force.

Usman seems to be the only one who can derail Usman right now. We’ll see if this latest win fills up his desire to be the best or maybe Kamaru can somehow still manage to be a hungry champion and let his dominance go on more.

Snooze? The guy finishes fights. How many did GSP finish before he retired.

1 Like

Sarcasm bro

:ok_hand: all good

Prime GSP was still so technically perfect. I’d pick him over King Kong.

Usman won like I expected but it’s funny as no one I talk to even knows who he is… sports fans that occasionally watch the ufc I’ll bring up Usman and they are like “who?” Lol…

Valentina looked very sharp… great performance

Prime GSP beats Usman and it doesn’t take me long to come to this conclusion. GSP had a very well rounded game plan and never got sloppy. Usman is ever improving but he does get sloppy in many of his exchanges. GSP would turn this into a grappling fight and drown him

1 Like

I’m a honky and I was rooting for Usman.

1 Like

Hold on a second. Large or small octagon?

:wink:

With a dominant title win, and four dominant title defenses, I think a few things are clear to me:

1. Usman is the third most accomplished WW of all time. He’s behind GSP and Hughes, but ahead of Militich, Shields, Lawler, Hendricks, and Woodley.

2. Usman is the second best WW I’ve ever seen behind GSP.

3. I think he’s the p4p best fighter on Earth right now.

3 Likes

Agreed on all points and he’s closing in on Hughes fast.

1 Like

He is. Especially considering his strength of schedule and the diversity of who he has beaten.

1 Like

Usman was boring as fuck to watch, but his last number of fights have been great.

2 Likes

So just checking on Hughes:
He had 7 total defenses over 2 reigns with 5 defenses in the first one and 2 in his second but had Riggs didn’t count cuz Riggs didn’t make weight then the Royce fight was a one catch weight so he really had 8 and arguably 9. But Usman, like Khabib, had long runs going into their first title shots as well. I think Hughes is still on top of Usman for the moment…interesting to note, Hughes also started finishing guys more as a champ. Guys like Aldo, GSP, Jones went into more decisions as champs but had longer single reigns. DJ started having more finishes too iirc? Anderson was perhaps the only guy who was also finishing guys as a contender and champ?

1 Like