So can Conor beat mendes?

It's not common we see someone with sooooo much hype and to be fair has backed it up so far. But this is his toughest test. I believe he will pick Chad apart from the outside until he kos him. But what are your thoughts on how Conor wins this? Phone Post 3.0

I think Conor wins this fight in the first round in a stoppage that echoes the Brimage fight.

That uppercut. Phone Post 3.0

If Chad had 3 months to prepare I wouldn't even be questioning him. I know he stays in shape but it just isn't the same. Phone Post 3.0

Could catch him with the knee when Chad shoots Phone Post 3.0

I don't see Connor winning this at all. I think his kicks are sizzle and no steak and used to create range to set up his boxing. With a compact wrestler like Chad, kickings a bad idea. Mendes gets in close and doesn't let Connor dictate the pace, ultimately catching him clean a few times en route to a dominant decision in which Connor doesn't win, but shows himself to be legit. Phone Post 3.0

Conor is going to Monster Chad. 5 inch height advantage, 8 inch reach advantage. I doubt Chad will even land one takedown. Conor will be stronger in the clinch. Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow - If Chad had 3 months to prepare I wouldn't even be questioning him. I know he stays in shape but it just isn't the same. Phone Post 3.0
At least wait until he loses before you start making excuses. Phone Post 3.0

I think McGregor will be exposed that his wrestling defence isn't quite ready yet. It's one thing to prepare for one and another to face another. Phone Post 3.0

I see it looking like Gsp vs Sherk with Conor taking it to Chad Phone Post 3.0

This fight will look like Jones-DC except Conor finishes Chad.

Conor will be fighting noticeably different and not as carefree and loose, when he has to worry about the takedown, relentlessly.

Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Betwithme - I love this fight. I'll be so disappointed if Connor loses. No one will be happy if he does...except mendes of course. Phone Post 3.0
I actually think a lot of people will be happy Phone Post 3.0

I think it's highly unlikely Mendes makes it out of 2nd. Phone Post 3.0

Conor will win 3rd round via TKO. He'll drop him with an uppercut and finish with GNP Phone Post 3.0

bmoney -
Betwithme - I love this fight. I'll be so disappointed if Connor loses. No one will be happy if he does...except mendes of course. Phone Post 3.0
I actually think a lot of people will be happy Phone Post 3.0
A win for Conor does a lot more for the UFC than a win for Mendes Phone Post 3.0

I'm rooting for Conor, but honestly expecting Mendes to win. Too many question marks regarding Conor. We know Mendes has the cardio to last 5 rounds, meanwhile all of Conor's fights have been too short for this to even be tested and he carries a tendency to throw high energy, low impact albeit very entertaining strikes. We also know Mendes isn't worried about take downs, while McGregor's take down defense has really yet to have been displayed. Basically, if Mendes can survive to the later rounds or take down McGregor he flat out wins, while maintaining something of a chance even if it stays standing as long as he can fend off Conor's flurries.

i think if he stuffs chads takedowns i think he could pick him apart but you can't forget why chad is ranked where he is, personally these are my favorites fights when you can really see a winner until they fight so excited can't wait!!!!!!

p.s. i wanted this fight more than aldo so if connor does win he truly has proved him self.

Prolly knot Phone Post 3.0