So Conor McGregor is a Top 10 Ranked Featherweight

Brandao jobbed to Mcgregor that's all there is to it Phone Post 3.0

Devlin - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I can't understand how he's above Burmudez. Phone Post 3.0
Common opponent of Brandao, Connor smashed, Dennis got subbed and Holloway Connor dominated dennis got a split decision. Phone Post 3.0

......and I felt Holloway won that fight.

44 Magnum - I think it's more of a draw ranking. Common sense would say otherwise it wouldn't make sense for a fighter to be #10, if he hasn't fought anyone in the top 15.
How do you explain Ben Askren around 4 slots higher at WW? He hasn't beaten any top 11 guys. Phone Post 3.0

caposa - 
sgotwalks - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Love me some Conor but it took Matt Brown what 7 straight and mostly  guys like Conor just beat rankwise to finally get a spot in the top 10?

Ya, and he lost 4 out of 5 before the win streak, so it was a matter of him evolving late in his career, where as Conor has entered the league looking like something pretty fucking impressive, and has easily disposed of three guys while putting his potential on full display for all to see. I'm sorry to say, but Jeremy Stephens is pretty one dimensional and I would put my steak on the Irishman to have his way with him. As it is now, I think he has already earned someone higher ranked, like Poirier, that will be a telling fight that ought to quiet a few of the nay sayers for a bit.

Rankings should be merit based, not hype based. Conor is very skilled but has yet to test those skills against ranked competition. He shouldn't be ranked #10, he hasn't earned it.

Frankie hasn't beat anyone in the Top 10 either. He is there based on merit from being champ in another weight class, the loss to Aldo made 3 losses in a row and he is still auto top 5 in FW. McGregor was dual weight class champ in CWFC ,3-0 in the UFC with two tko's on a 12 fight win streak with 11 finishes. Who are you to say he shouldn't be in the top 10 for contenders? Isn't that enough merit?

BTW, Nik Lentz who is #8 went up a spot this week and hasn't beaten anyone in the top 10 either. Basically your logic is alllll fucked up, or maybe the rankings are. Either way you shouldn't put so much stock into them.