So Diaz did what GSP would never do...

rockfists -
MasterofMartialArts -
eXtv -

Nick wanted to scrap, Anderson's pointfought for 5 rounds and killed the crowd after Round 1.

You can't "scrap" with Nick and win. The last guy who tried was BJ and he got his career effectively killed as a result. Georges and Carlos did whatever they could to win the judges favour without actually damaging Nick or trying to finish him.

The problem is it's not a "scrap." It's an MMA fight, not a street fight. The sooner you realize that, the sooner your perspective will change.

The problem is also that Diaz expects everyone to charge at him and never once tried to finish GSP, Anderson or Condit. He should have been trying harder because he wasn't ahead in any of those fights.

He does fuck all in his matches and frankly quite annoying. Even in the streets that won't work. Phone Post 3.0
It's entertainment. That's it. You see it as a point fighting sport, cool. Some of us see it as a good scrap. If he loses, he loses, but he ain't no bitch. He is cut from a different cloth than you, and the sooner you realize that you'll see why some of us have a different perspective than you.

He'll get paid more for his next fight, his stock has went up. People love a good scrap. Phone Post 3.0
Who said I like point fighting? I love fights and good finishes, but I'm also a rational human being who appreciates the art of MMA and technique.

I'm also not so narrow minded that I can't see that Anderson was more tentative than usual because of a horrific injury. It's ignorant to ignore that. That's great that he "ain't no bitch", I don't really care. I like when guys bring a "no fucks given attitude, but there's a line.

The problem is, his fights aren't exciting. He spends more time talking and dancing around than he does fighting. Yet he sits here and preaches that "he's a fighter" and "everyone runs from him". People want to see a guy with no excuses, that's disrespectful to the fans.

He does nothing in his fights but stand around and get mad at his opponent when in fact HE is the inactive one. Phone Post 3.0

The Shockmaster - 
eXtv - 

Nick wanted to scrap, Anderson's pointfought for 5 rounds and killed the crowd after Round 1.

You can't "scrap" with Nick and win. The last guy who tried was BJ and he got his career effectively killed as a result. Georges and Carlos did whatever they could to win the judges favour without actually damaging Nick or trying to finish him.

GSP lit him up standing and pressed forward the entire fight. Nick has nothing for him.

MVP131 - 
BuddyRevell -

Nick vs. Hendo for the Big Balls Championship of the world next?

This. VU Phone Post 3.0

Thanks. Back at you.

eXtv -
MasterofMartialArts - 
eXtv -
MasterofMartialArts - 
eXtv -

The problem is it's not a "scrap." It's an MMA fight, not a street fight. The sooner you realize that, the sooner your perspective will change.

The problem is also that Diaz expects everyone to charge at him and never once tried to finish GSP, Anderson or Condit. He should have been trying harder because he wasn't ahead in any of those fights.

He does fuck all in his matches and frankly quite annoying. Even in the streets that won't work. Phone Post 3.0

Never once tried to finish? Did you see the elbows with bad intentions he was throwing at Silva in the clinch?

Nick is fighting, not trying to outscore to appease a bunch of idiot judges and get another W on his record.

Anderson fought against the entire spirit of this contest against Nick by being so timid and conservative with his leading against a retired Welterweight.

"Elbows with bad intentions", LOL, please. You are really grasping with that one. I guess you didn't count the wheel kick, axe kick, upward elbow, flying knees, etc that Anderson threw? Funny how you left that out conveniently.

Not to mention he did all of this AND picked Diaz apart on his first fight back at 40 years old after he snapped his leg and his career was almost ruined.

I don't know if you remember, but the guy SNAPPED HIS LEG on national television. It was kind of a big deal. Has that ever happened to you, and did you get into a cage fight with an elite fighter a year later?

My guess would be no, so my first thought would be Anderson wants to make it out of the fight without any broken bones. And he STILL threw more risky strikes while Nick LAID ON THE GROUND??? LOL what a joke, you can't be serious. Phone Post 3.0

You're acting like Anderson was "picking Nick apart" in some Silva-Maia playing with his food kind of shit. It wasn't that at all. Every round was competitive and contested fairly closely, this was no blowout like everyone predicted.

And yikes @ the laid on the ground thing, that was Nick asking Silva to come over him and start raining ground and pound. Riskier and more outlandish than anything Anderson's done in years, don't even come at me with that bull.

The kicks and elbows were the Silva of old, the Silva we were expecting, and the Silva that didn't ultimately come to fight. You can count the amount of them on one hand.

Just like you can count Diaz', what, TWO elbows "with bad intentions?" LOL. It's clear you are biased so this argument is pointless. I never said he played with Diaz and dominated him, read the fucking post again. I said he "picked him apart", which he did.

Watch the fight and instead of having your head up Nicks ass, actually watch both guys closely. I don't know what to tell you dude. You think laying on the ground is risky as in yes, you can get finished like that.

But it wasn't risky in a sense that you are trying to finish the fight and leaving your chin out. That's just stupid and not the same thing at all. Anderson was throwing flying and spinning strikes with FULL force.

Please explain how a 40 year old coming off a leg reconstruction throws more risky and damaging strikes than his opponent and STILL get criticized for not going to war?

I also like you ignored an entire segment of my post with valid things I pointed out. Just re-watch the fight and then come back with your findings. Phone Post 3.0

u gotta respect him

It would be more impressive if he won some of the fights. He takes gifted title fights and big payday fights which is something most would do. He has a fanbase that allows it to happen but most fighters would also jump at the opportunity to get those fights and it not matter if they win or lose.

Vindell - It would be more impressive if he won some of the fights. He takes gifted title fights and big payday fights which is something most would do. He has a fanbase that allows it to happen but most fighters would also jump at the opportunity to get those fights and it not matter if they win or lose.

Exactly.  Just not GSP. Which was why I made the thread title.

The peoples champ for sure.

Vindell - It would be more impressive if he won some of the fights. He takes gifted title fights and big payday fights which is something most would do. He has a fanbase that allows it to happen but most fighters would also jump at the opportunity to get those fights and it not matter if they win or lose.
There are a lot of fighters who have been offered fights against Anderson (4 or 5 at LHW alone) and they turned it down. People don't like giving Nick credit, that's fine. However, for years he has been the only WW asking for Silva, I doubt tonight's fight changed any of that. Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts - 
eXtv -
MasterofMartialArts - 
eXtv -
MasterofMartialArts - 
eXtv -

Never once tried to finish? Did you see the elbows with bad intentions he was throwing at Silva in the clinch?

Nick is fighting, not trying to outscore to appease a bunch of idiot judges and get another W on his record.

Anderson fought against the entire spirit of this contest against Nick by being so timid and conservative with his leading against a retired Welterweight.

"Elbows with bad intentions", LOL, please. You are really grasping with that one. I guess you didn't count the wheel kick, axe kick, upward elbow, flying knees, etc that Anderson threw? Funny how you left that out conveniently.

Not to mention he did all of this AND picked Diaz apart on his first fight back at 40 years old after he snapped his leg and his career was almost ruined.

I don't know if you remember, but the guy SNAPPED HIS LEG on national television. It was kind of a big deal. Has that ever happened to you, and did you get into a cage fight with an elite fighter a year later?

My guess would be no, so my first thought would be Anderson wants to make it out of the fight without any broken bones. And he STILL threw more risky strikes while Nick LAID ON THE GROUND??? LOL what a joke, you can't be serious. Phone Post 3.0

You're acting like Anderson was "picking Nick apart" in some Silva-Maia playing with his food kind of shit. It wasn't that at all. Every round was competitive and contested fairly closely, this was no blowout like everyone predicted.

And yikes @ the laid on the ground thing, that was Nick asking Silva to come over him and start raining ground and pound. Riskier and more outlandish than anything Anderson's done in years, don't even come at me with that bull.

The kicks and elbows were the Silva of old, the Silva we were expecting, and the Silva that didn't ultimately come to fight. You can count the amount of them on one hand.

Just like you can count Diaz', what, TWO elbows "with bad intentions?" LOL. It's clear you are biased so this argument is pointless. I never said he played with Diaz and dominated him, read the fucking post again. I said he "picked him apart", which he did.

Watch the fight and instead of having your head up Nicks ass, actually watch both guys closely. I don't know what to tell you dude. You think laying on the ground is risky as in yes, you can get finished like that.

But it wasn't risky in a sense that you are trying to finish the fight and leaving your chin out. That's just stupid and not the same thing at all. Anderson was throwing flying and spinning strikes with FULL force.

Please explain how a 40 year old coming off a leg reconstruction throws more risky and damaging strikes than his opponent and STILL get criticized for not going to war?

I also like you ignored an entire segment of my post with valid things I pointed out. Just re-watch the fight and then come back with your findings. Phone Post 3.0

You said Nick never tried to finish when it was demonstrably untrue.

rockfists - 
eXtv -

Nick made the natural born killer turn into the Natural born track star. Love Condit but he sold his soul for that win. Phone Post 3.0

VU for truth! that was the natural born runner fighting nick

Spinning Shit - 
The Shockmaster -
eXtv - 

GSP lit him up standing and pressed forward the entire fight. Nick has nothing for him.
GSP's jab landed nice and the only time he tried to throw a combination was towards the start of round 3 and got tagged. It was at that point that Georges said fuck it and decided to take him down.

I say take him down because that's literally all he did. I have never seen someone so actively refuse to attempt a transition lime that in a fight before.

I think that Nick beat Carlos but GSP definitely won their match with ease. I just wish that Georges would have attempted a transition or two so we could have seen some nice BJJ between to fighters with good ground games. Phone Post 3.0

George doesn't risk position which can earn him points for dominant position in exchange for a sub attempt that could actually get him a finish.

thats one of the reasons i wasnt a GSP fan after his serra fight... he stopped taking games to win, something he did early on in his career with great success rate might I add!

Christ man, how dense can you be? Please point to ANY part of the fight where he was actually trying to finish. Don't say the fucking elbows cause those weren't thrown that hard.

Have you ever seen those kicks Anderson threw? Have you ever even felt the wind from one of those kicks missing your head? Just the air is enough to scare you.

If ANY of those landed, the fight would have been over. THOSE are finishing shots, not those baby elbows. Nothing Diaz did was even close to that, NOTHING. Comparing those is like comparing a monster truck to a Prius. Phone Post 3.0

I respect Nick even more after his performance tonight. Very entertaining and boy can he fight! That was Anderson Silva trying to finish him and Nick stood right in front of him for 25 minutes and suffered a couple cuts and not much more. I thought Anderson was going to finish him in the first.

SinCityHustler - I respect Nick even more after his performance tonight. Very entertaining and boy can he fight! That was Anderson Silva trying to finish him and Nick stood right in front of him for 25 minutes and suffered a couple cuts and not much more. I thought Anderson was going to finish him in the first.

Good post.  I thought the same thing and Nick is probably one of my favorite fighters.

Nick threw dumb low percentage spinning kicks too, omg he was totally trying to finish!!! I'm talking about tactics and the performance as a whole, Anderson was given a retired WW as a showcase return and he cautiously coasted for five rounds. That's not ideal.

eXtv -

Nick threw dumb low percentage spinning kicks too, omg he was totally trying to finish!!! I'm talking about tactics and the performance as a whole, Anderson was given a retired WW as a showcase return and he cautiously coasted for five rounds. That's not ideal.

MMA fans are a fickle fucking bunch. Sweet potato christ. Phone Post 3.0

FudgePackedByScrapPack -

209 bitch what?

Love him or hate him, hes fought three peopel considered to be the P4P best.  If they offered him Jon Jones he would probably fight him.

Like the standup fighter version of Chael sonnen Phone Post 3.0

Gsp got paid no matter who he fought.....diaz wanted that anderson silva money Phone Post 3.0

The Shockmaster - GSP dominated him.

No. What Cain did to Brock was domination.

GSP won doing what he does best.

We need one headlining just bleed moment this year. Two absolute stars just blasting each other ala Hendo/Shogun for 4-5 rounds.