So how about that stupid promo for Rousey vs. Holm

That promo was really geared to attract female audience. I really don't think it was intended for people who come to the UG. It was so touchy feely and like a lifetime movie. With Ronda they have the chance to lure many more women into being MMA fans and that promo was playing to them.

Karnak - 
BuddyRevell - 

That commercial was not for any of us established fans. It was for the casual female fight fan that considers Ronda a modern feminist role model. Gotta ask those casual female fans if it was effective.

<br />
<span class="User-349757" id="userPost54906852">See, and that's why places like this can't fathom why this particular woman's so god damn popular; as women aren't buying her fights more than men. No, it's more men and women combined are showing interest in her fights.<br />
<br />
So if you didn't end up in a sports bar to see UFC 190, I can tell you right now, the condescending idea of her fights only appealing to stupid women with an weak feminist agenda, just doesn't hold any weight anymore.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Gorilla fucking biscuits</span></blockquote>

LOL you yourself just said it was premiered for Ellen's huge mainstream audience. And who composes most of that audience? Women who are casual fans at best, but love Ronda. Obviously this particular ad was targeted far more at them than at the hardcore male fans that go to sites like this. 

Like others have said, good promo, albeit ridiculous. Still a shit fight, but will watch. Phone Post 3.0

OGT - Like others have said, good promo, albeit ridiculous. Still a shit fight, but will watch. Phone Post 3.0
Of course we know it's a shit fight. But then again if you polled the UG a large percentage stream ppvs anyway so our buys/opinions mean just shit. Phone Post 3.0

"That promo was really geared to attract female audience. I really don't think it was intended for people who come to the UG. It was so touchy feely and like a lifetime movie. With Ronda they have the chance to lure many more women into being MMA fans and that promo was playing to them."

BINGO!

BuddyRevell -
Karnak - 
BuddyRevell - 

That commercial was not for any of us established fans. It was for the casual female fight fan that considers Ronda a modern feminist role model. Gotta ask those casual female fans if it was effective.

<br />
<span class="User-349757" id="userPost54906852">See, and that's why places like this can't fathom why this particular woman's so god damn popular; as women aren't buying her fights more than men. No, it's more men and women combined are showing interest in her fights.<br />
<br />
So if you didn't end up in a sports bar to see UFC 190, I can tell you right now, the condescending idea of her fights only appealing to stupid women with an weak feminist agenda, just doesn't hold any weight anymore.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Gorilla fucking biscuits</span></blockquote>

LOL you yourself just said it was premiered for Ellen's huge mainstream audience. And who composes most of that audience? Women who are casual fans at best, but love Ronda. Obviously this particular ad was targeted far more at them than at the hardcore male fans that go to sites like this. 

This is correct. Phone Post 3.0

Methodaab - The amount of marketing dollars that went into that could have been invested in other match ups coming up. Yes, we know you worship Rhonda, please keep it moving. Phone Post 3.0
You really think promoting other fights would yield a higher ROI than this? Newsflash: no one outside of this forum gives a fuck about anyone not named Ronda or Conor (even he is questionable) and no amount of advertising dollars will make them care. Ronda's fame has no ceiling right now so they need to push her as much as humanly possible and keep this hype train going. Phone Post 3.0

I want a promo with goldie yelling "its all over!" and rogan screaming in the background.

commonsense517 -
Karnak - After Zuffa doing so little to promote a mega hit UFC 190, this promo was given it's debut on EllenTV for 48 MILLION of her online audience lol.

Yeah, I'm thinking Zuffa's giving zero fucks about the UG's fondness for showcasing whatever insecurities they have about general WMMA and the sports biggest star.

MMA shown from another perspective, and given a real touch of finesse = Great promo.
This Phone Post 3.0
This end of thread Phone Post 3.0

I thought the promo was awesome. How did they manage to find a young girl that looks exactly like her?! is that her sister in the promo? Phone Post 3.0

Mulletron5000 - I thought the promo was awesome. How did they manage to find a young girl that looks exactly like her?! is that her sister in the promo? Phone Post 3.0
Julia Rousey plays the teen sister in the commercial. Phone Post 3.0

wasn't it a Fedor highlight that got Ronda into mma? Not Penn vs Stevenson.

Lol UFC just stole that commercial idea from nike. Phone Post 3.0

Excellent promo and LOL at the UG "hardcore" lemmings here.

If that were a small boy checking out a dojo with his Dad, using his newfound skill to beat up a dumbass(UGer) highschool bully, medal at the olympics, about to defend his UFC title against a world champion boxer in a stadium, we would be getting comments like:

"it's a little dusty in here", "is it wrong that my dick moved", "sitting here with jack daniels in one hand and my cock in the other", "my body is ready", "I'm hard". "I came".... etc

Don't believe me, go check out any Sage Northcut thread...LOL

I made it 4 seconds. Such cheesy clown shoes promotion. Phone Post 3.0

judonoob - Excellent promo and LOL at the UG "hardcore" lemmings here.

If that were a small boy checking out a dojo with his Dad, using his newfound skill to beat up a dumbass(UGer) highschool bully, medal at the olympics, about to defend his UFC title against a world champion boxer in a stadium, we would be getting comments like:

"it's a little dusty in here", "is it wrong that my dick moved", "sitting here with jack daniels in one hand and my cock in the other", "my body is ready", "I'm hard". "I came".... etc

Don't believe me, go check out any Sage Northcut thread...LOL

Well I said all of those things about this one so you're wrong.

Wow. I thought it was pretty good as far as fight promos go. Phone Post 3.0

Jambo888 -

what's the revolution this fight is supposed to start? 

Is it the biggest headlining women's sport event in the world, im trying to think if there are any other events that draw that big a crowd for women. Phone Post 3.0

Fuckin horrible Phone Post 3.0

GeoDim -
Methodaab - The amount of marketing dollars that went into that could have been invested in other match ups coming up. Yes, we know you worship Rhonda, please keep it moving. Phone Post 3.0
You really think promoting other fights would yield a higher ROI than this? Newsflash: no one outside of this forum gives a fuck about anyone not named Ronda or Conor (even he is questionable) and no amount of advertising dollars will make them care. Ronda's fame has no ceiling right now so they need to push her as much as humanly possible and keep this hype train going. Phone Post 3.0
If Rhonda is as good at selling fights as she says she is, and as the UFC believes she is, she wouldn't need to be so heavily promoted. People would need to here"Rhonda's fighting" and they would tune in. Can the UFC continue its growth promoting like it only has two main draws. Even though some divisions are thin and weak those fighters have stories just like, if not more complying than Rhonda. Does the NFL only promote itself when Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady are playing? They certainly get a significant amount of coverage but is it fair to say it's not 80/20 the way Rhonda is. Phone Post 3.0