So Shogun also turned down the fight for 9/22/12

Lorenzo Fertitta confirmed to espn.com. When Belfort said he'd take the fight, Fertitta added, "Thank God for old-school, real fighters." Phone Post

Not fair at all to shit on Shogun and Lyoto.

These guys just fought, were not scheduled to fight anytime so soon again and already have losses to Jones which means another loss effectively ends their title contention at LHW so long as Jones remains champion.

And they're not the champion who was already scheduled to fight.

Honestly I think it's better for Shogun's health that he stay away from Jones

Chuck Kongo - Not fair at all to shit on Shogun and Lyoto.

These guys just fought, were not scheduled to fight anytime so soon again and already have losses to Jones which means another loss effectively ends their title contention at LHW so long as Jones remains champion.

And they're not the champion who was already scheduled to fight.

I seriously cannot STOMACH Lorenzo and Dan's CONSTANT assault on fighters. It is SOOOOOOOOO sickening that I can't take it anymore!!!!!!

Maybe if Lorenzo didn't put together such SHIT cards they wouldn't have to cancel them because two fighters dropped out.....

hopefully Lorenzo didnt say that because throwing your employees that made you a lot of money under the bus seems pretty low.

lookoutawhale - hopefully Lorenzo didnt say that because throwing your employees that made you a lot of money under the bus seems pretty low.

He tweeted "thank God for old school fighters"when Vitor took the fight......which is basically saying JBJ and Machida aren't old school....they are new school bitches...........

Dana is nothing more than Lorenzo's sock puppet. EVERYTHING that comes out of his mouth has been written in a memo from Lorenzo's desk.........................PERIOD.

Haulport - 
lookoutawhale - hopefully Lorenzo didnt say that because throwing your employees that made you a lot of money under the bus seems pretty low.

He tweeted "thank God for old school fighters"when Vitor took the fight......which is basically saying JBJ and Machida aren't old school....they are new school bitches...........

Dana is nothing more than Lorenzo's sock puppet. EVERYTHING that comes out of his mouth has been written in a memo from Lorenzo's desk.........................PERIOD.

That's a lot of memos.

Fuck him if he said that seriously calling shogun not a real fighter after those wars he went tru were you made money out of that but then again this doesn't sound like Lorenzo adding that "real fighter" Phone Post

I can't believe ANYONE thought it would be ok for Shogun to fight after the Vera fight was such a war.  There's old school and just plain stupid.

Shogun is still under medical suspension for another 4 or 5 days....As in medically suspended from contact.

LOL @ old school real fighters like Vitor, who has pulled out of more fights than anyone on the roster.

Shogun is the eiptome of an old school fighter, he fought multiple times a night in tournaments, fought on extremely short notice many times, even defended the belt agaisnt Jones on somewhat short ntoice when rashad got injured.

UFC come off as total scumbags when they try to throw guys under the bus who have done nothing but fight their hearts out each and every time.

So Shogun is under medical suspension, is less than three weeks after an absolute war during which he took considerable damage and people still think he should take a fight with Jones on short notice FOR THE SECOND TIME!!!

I think Lorenzo meant old school in the UFC cause vitor was there way before shogun Phone Post

Hope the old "juiced and motivated" Vitor shows up...... Phone Post

LOL fucking ridiculous. Shogun and Machida obviously know what it takes at the top level of the sport. They both want to be at peak performance when they rematch Jones

bubski27 - 

Shoguns last two fights were all out wars. Shogun doesn't have to do a damn thing Phone Post

yes, and shame on Shogun for being in an all out war with Brandon Vera . The guy is not even on the radar when it comes to LHW rankings.

drunkard - 
bubski27 - 

Shoguns last two fights were all out wars. Shogun doesn't have to do a damn thing Phone Post

yes, and shame on Shogun for being in an all out war with Brandon Vera . The guy is not even on the radar when it comes to LHW rankings.

he turned down Texiera to set up the easy layup(Vera) and it back- fired on him.

You can't blame Lyoto ad shogun. If they have any chance of beating jones they are going to need an 8 week camp Phone Post

drunkard - 
drunkard - 
bubski27 - 

he turned down Texiera to set up the easy layup(Vera) and it back- fired on him.

This.

I think it was smart on his part to not take the fight up against Jon, I think the rematch would be even worse than the original fight (for Shogun). But by doing that, I doubt he'll ever have another crack at the belt again...not that he would win - even if he had a full camp and a good gameplan I doubt hed be able to launch any offensive on Jon. He's just not good enough at this stage of the game.

Vera was just in a Main Event, im sure they could have stitched something together here.

Mayhem was just in the news, maybe make him a Co-main or something.

Batista vs McCorkle or something