So Where Are the Conor Haters?

BigDaddy15 - I don't hate him, but that whole thing had 'fix' written all over it.
lol.. Man oh man. Phone Post 3.0

I mean, wasn't he the favorite coming into this bout?

Ministry of Truth -
RyannVonDoom - 
Ministry of Truth - This place is awfully quiet right now.
Right here. Look forward to him facing a wrestler and him getting shut down. Phone Post 3.0

Fair enough.

But then what will you do if he doesn't get shut down?

And FYI, I am a fan of both guys who fought last night. I just thought it was funny how so many people said Conor would get destroyed and how the exact opposite happened.
I'll give him due respect. Dont like his shitty promos, They wouldnt cut it in a bingo hall low rent wrestling promotion. Phone Post 3.0

Also the irish top team here on the forums makes me dislike him more. Phone Post 3.0

I like his fight style, like his fashion style (at least for MMA standards), and gotta give due on someone who backs up their shit and creates such buzz when its was so needed.

I do think he tries too hard to the point of caricature ala Chael but he often does throw some interesting fight thoughts in their too about his style being superior to the standard MMA KB/MT striking styles. From Anderson to Pettis, Machida to Horiguchi to Wonderboy to Gunnar, there is def diff things going on with MMA striking these days.

I like that he's bringing a new ethnic/national demographic to the game. It will be annoying at times (it already is) but its still bringing in some new blood in that respect. The Dagestanis are doing better as a whole but none of these guys is rallying the troops like Connor.

It helps that Connor is an English speaker but with a twist.

RyannVonDoom - 
Ministry of Truth -
RyannVonDoom - 
Ministry of Truth - This place is awfully quiet right now.
Right here. Look forward to him facing a wrestler and him getting shut down. Phone Post 3.0

Fair enough.

But then what will you do if he doesn't get shut down?

And FYI, I am a fan of both guys who fought last night. I just thought it was funny how so many people said Conor would get destroyed and how the exact opposite happened.
I'll give him due respect. Dont like his shitty promos, They wouldnt cut it in a bingo hall low rent wrestling promotion. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with you, Conor isn't a pro wrestler.

He's got two things: fight performance and trash talk. The fights have gone well, but all this gushing that he's going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread is still absurdly hyperbolic. That's not just him, that goes for any fighter who hasn't held and then gone on an impressive title defense run. His trash talking game sucks. The insults aren't really that creative. He's unnecessarily long-winded and unfunny (it's all "everyone in the division is boring and I'm awesome, look at my expensive suit") in the unoriginal tradition of every other Irish guy who ever talked trash about everything. If you're going to play that game, don't back peddle on it after you win a la "I'm always humble in victory or defeat." This whole oh I'm cocky because I know when I'm going to knock you out, but it's not personal, is weak stuff.