So who are you training with these days?

I trane ufc bro.

I train with Cre's mom. Phone Post

Got my blue belt from Ricardo Liborio, but trained under Din Thomas and Mario Ronaldo after I moved north a few years ago.

Today at open mat was the first day I've trained this year though. Last time I was in the gym was last December. I did pretty well considering my long layoff. I was evenly matched with another blue belt, got son'ed by a purple belt, and slaughtered some newbies.

I almost forgot how rough it is on the body. My skin is abraded in a ton of places, including my chin and around my eye, my joints feel stiff, and I overall I just feel like shit. I'm glad I went though, and I think I'll start training again more often.

FLMikeATT - Got my blue belt from Ricardo Liborio, but trained under Din Thomas and Mario Ronaldo after I moved north a few years ago.

Today at open mat was the first day I've trained this year though. Last time I was in the gym was last December. I did pretty well considering my long layoff. I was evenly matched with another blue belt, got son'ed by a purple belt, and slaughtered some newbies.

I almost forgot how rough it is on the body. My skin is abraded in a ton of places, including my chin and around my eye, my joints feel stiff, and I overall I just feel like shit. I'm glad I went though, and I think I'll start training again more often.
I've been there way to many times. In the last few years things keep happening which cause me to take layoffs. Then I go back to the gym and remember why I love training so much and hate it at the same time : )

The thing I like about BJJ is that it never really leaves you. After such a long layoff I thought my muscle memory and BJJ reflexes would be shot, but they weren't at all. Sure, I could feel the effects (especially on my body) of not training in a long time, but my subs, scrambling, escpaes, etc. were almost the exact same level from when I stopped...perhaps a little bit worse, but they were all pretty much there.

I don't feel like I lost that much ground at all. Of course, I didn't gain any ground from not training, but I felt comfortable rolling like I didn't take a break at all.

ttt for dayshifters.

I train under Brad Gumm west of Denver... I'm sure you know him KJ ... 

It's awesome there, totally different vibe than my last gym (not that the last place was bad, just different).  I'm struggling to get in twice a week now just because it's summer and between hiking, camping, biking, and it being hot as balls, it's just tough to do more than that right now.   

Luckily it's the closest gym to my house because I wouldnt want to be at another one.

clattymine -  I train under Brad Gumm west of Denver... I'm sure you know him KJ ... 

It's awesome there, totally different vibe than my last gym (not that the last place was bad, just different).  I'm struggling to get in twice a week now just because it's summer and between hiking, camping, biking, and it being hot as balls, it's just tough to do more than that right now.   

Luckily it's the closest gym to my house because I wouldnt want to be at another one.

Did they change location or are they still over by ParkMeadows?

It was never by park meadows as far as i know, maybe you mean southwest plaza? Anyway the gym just moved to a new location in Lakewood. Tons more mat space! Phone Post

-mma/striking/ufc at a CSW affiliate

-judo and grappling with Shin Kim, 4th deg judo bb and former south korean nat champ and olympic alt. I train some ufc at his place too.  

-gi bjj with a de la riva black belt, Tony Passos.  

I'm on the bigger side, so I sort of have to make my way around to find 200lb+ training partners.   

clattymine -  It was never by park meadows as far as i know, maybe you mean southwest plaza? Anyway the gym just moved to a new location in Lakewood. Tons more mat space! Phone Post

My bad I did mean SW. I had heard they moved though.

BrCutter - -mma/striking/ufc at a CSW affiliate

-judo and grappling with Shin Kim, 4th deg judo bb and former south korean nat champ and olympic alt. I train some ufc at his place too.  

I'm on the bigger side, so I sort of have to make my way around to find 200lb+ training partners.   

I wish I could find a good CSW place close by. I went to one of Paulson's two day seminars down in JAX Florida in 2004 loved it.

KissMisery - Jealous of the locations some of you guys have. Actual trainers and people with knowledge.

There are 2 MMA gyms open here, and I use that term loosely. Some guys who picked up on the fad of MMA and consider themselves teachers. Disgusting.

Same boat as you. We do have an Alliance affiliate now,  but there might only be 5 people who regularly go to classes. Before we had this place it was mostly guys who watched TUF 3 training impressionable kids.

Would really like to try the place out but I can't seem to keep a consistant schedule. The instructor's a blue belt named Faron Sinnicks.

I'm a 4th degree black belt and I have my own school in Whitefish, MT. We are proud members of the SBJJA under the legendary GM Shen.

WOLVES. Phone Post

Zazen Tranquilo - I'm a 4th degree black belt and I have my own school in Whitefish, MT. We are proud members of the SBJJA under the legendary GM Shen.

www.sbjja.net

The Scandinavian BJJ Assoc???

KidJustice - 
BrCutter - -mma/striking/ufc at a CSW affiliate

I wish I could find a good CSW place close by. I went to one of Paulson's two day seminars down in JAX Florida in 2004 loved it.
Word. I know what you mean.  Honestly, when I first went there 5 years ago, I had my issues with it.  Sometimes you get presented a lot of options for things, just like Paulson will do at a seminar or class.  I feel now that I'm more experienced, I can take what I like and I don't feel overloaded.  I dig it a lot now.  I also feel it compliments what I do in the gi and nogi by keeping me aggressive and not so passive.  When I fall into just getting in the gi,  I start to fall into a more passive game.  As long as I'm still going to CSW, I keep a much more aggressive and attacking style bjj game.  It's an excellent compliment or primary.  

Started training a couple months ago at total mma studios in Tustin, Cali. Bjj taught by Juliano Prado and Adriano Nasal both great black belts. We also had Magno Almeido teaching saturdays for awhile. Really enjoying it so far!

craig "the bullet" buchanan in the ghetto,victorville,california.

Just switching to do muay thai with Manu N'toh at Madhouse. I work at Eagle Training, outside Atlanta, ONCE i get back to bjj we have Phillipe Gentry (brown under Jacare at main Allaince) and Adam Benshea (paragon black belt).