soar traps after power cleaning

my traps are soar as all hell after power cleaning, is this normal???

sore, yes it is normal.

Absolutely normal. You'll probably notice some size gains too.

lol thats one of the biggest parts of the movement.

If your traps are sore then a job well done!

nothing makes mine hurt more than cleans.

you can do less power cleans than BB shrugs (with equal weight) and your traps would be more sore and would receive more benefits to the use of traps. of course it's also one of the best exercises to develop traps.

But ayla108 the point is to connect it at the exact right time. Too early and it is wasted, and too late is not good either as it the bar is already on the way down. You ant it right on the end before it starts to come down.

Yes it is normal to have your traps sore. When you do it heavy or just properly they will be sore. They stop getting sore when your body copes better with it.

Koing

I thought it was big lats that made you soar ;)

hehe yeah saw the spelling error too!

HK- yes that is true, too early and too late. took me some practice to get the timing right, walking speed with something as light as the bar alone then added the weight when I had the timing just right. sorry forget about explaining those basic beginning details sometimes. pain does go away over time (tolerance or endorphins, take your pick) and that brings up an idea- is there such an exercise where the pain doesn't go away?

"you can do less power cleans than BB shrugs (with equal weight) and your traps would be more sore and would receive more benefits to the use of traps. of course it's also one of the best exercises to develop traps."

I agree if you are using the same weight but anyone that can clean say 300 can easily perform shrugs with 600 plus. I do both exercises and find that cleans are a better overall athletic movement and shrugs are a more direct trap exercise where you can lift far greater loads and thus develop stronger traps than if you only did cleans.

"I agree if you are using the same weight but anyone that can clean say 300 can easily perform shrugs with 600 plus. I do both exercises and find that cleans are a better overall athletic movement and shrugs are a more direct trap exercise where you can lift far greater loads and thus develop stronger traps than if you only did cleans."

Yes you are right. I guess I forgot to touch up my post. I said what I meant, but with one detail of my thoughts that wasn't posted. That thought would be-

why use up scarce training time doing an "isolated" movement (even though your forearms and grip get a good workout too) when you can take care of not just traps, but the whole gamut of your body.

I've done shrugs for yrs and only these past 3 yrs have I taken a step back and had to reduce workout days, and had to make them have more value because of a lack of time. So that whole change in priorities influenced my reply and example about shrugs and cleans.