Some Khabib/Tony/McGregor stats

Khabib Nurmagomedov (25-0)

UFC debut January 20, 2012

8-0 UFC record

5/8 wins by unanimous decision

2 Catchweight fights at 158.5 and 160 lbs

1 performance bonus

Tony Ferguson (23-3)

Official UFC debut June 4. 2011 (Ferguson also went 3-0 on TUF)

13-1 UFC record(6 submissions, 3 KO/TKO, 4 decisions)

7 performance bonuses(3 FOTN)

10 fight UFC win streak(active)

1x UFC Champion

Conor McGregor (21-3)

UFC debut April 6, 2013

9-1 UFC record (7 KO/TKO)

longest UFC win streak: 7

9 UFC performance bonuses(6x performance of night, 2 FOTN)

2 Welterweight bouts

3x UFC Champion

To me it shows how active Mcgregor is during his run up until he beat Alvarez. That his finish rate with strikes is very high. Over world class elite competition. P4P wins over Aldo Alvarez,2 weights,45 & 55 are the toughest divisions in the UFC. Who else has ever stood in the pocket with a Diaz brother and out boxed them. Fights in multiple weight classes. Also he was out like a year for a knee injury. I think he would have won 2 belts sooner than 2016. I can't think of one other fighter who had accomplished what he has in a short space of time. People always say well the UFC handed it to him. When in reality if he didn't win the fights that matter. They are no way he'd be in the position he's in now. Favorable match ups my ass. 

Their records over the past FOUR YEARS... 

Tony 9-0

Khabib 3-0

Conor 7-1 (Two Titles) 

Khabib has fought 3 times over 4 years... Hmmm... 

TTT

BrowBeaten - 

Tony 9-0

Khabib 3-0

Conor 7-1 (Two Titles) 

The truth is, all three guys have done things that are really remarkable. Assuming that we actually get the fights, this is an amazing time for the division.

I agree with wiggum’s take. All 3 guys have done great things in the UFC

Another interesting thing:

;)

wiggum -
BrowBeaten - 

Tony 9-0

Khabib 3-0

Conor 7-1 (Two Titles) 

The truth is, all three guys have done things that are really remarkable. Assuming that we actually get the fights, this is an amazing time for the division.

Khabib has the potential and might well right supreme for years. But as of right now, he’s done nothing that warrants being called remarkable

NEWSFLASH -

;)

His fight with Tony was 6 years ago

Fern 10th Planet - 
NEWSFLASH -

;)

His fight with Tony was 6 years ago

Yeah, not only that, but mma math is terrible. Extra so here - striker v striker and striker v grappler = very different.

I wasn’t being serious, just posting something interesting that has no bearing on how their fight will go, kinda like their stats :slight_smile:

Dreville79 - 
wiggum -
BrowBeaten - 

Tony 9-0

Khabib 3-0

Conor 7-1 (Two Titles) 

Khabib has the potential and might well right supreme for years. But as of right now, he’s done nothing that warrants being called remarkable

I think being 25-0 (or whatever his record is) is genuinely remarkable.

I also think that having absolutely dominant wins over RDA, Johnson, and Edson is remarkable. (Not just having wins over them. But absolutely dominant, crushing victories.)

NEWSFLASH -

;)

About as interesting as Tibau vs both of them. 

wiggum -
Dreville79 - 
wiggum -
BrowBeaten - 

Tony 9-0

Khabib 3-0

Conor 7-1 (Two Titles) 

I also think that having absolutely dominant wins over RDA, Johnson, and Edson is remarkable. (Not just having wins over them. But absolutely dominant, crushing victories.)

RDA wasn’t all that back then, Johnson is a journeyman, and Barboza HATES wrestlers. Don’t get me wrong, all solid wins, but remarkable is quite the statement… 

As for 25-0, take out those three you mentioned, and explore the other 22 wins. Someone listed them all on here a while back, his record before Johnson, barring RDA, is laughably padded 

Again, I expect him to change that, but I also expect Ferg to flatline him 

Dreville79 - 
wiggum -
Dreville79 - 
wiggum -
BrowBeaten - 

Tony 9-0

Khabib 3-0

Conor 7-1 (Two Titles) 

RDA wasn’t all that back then, Johnson is a journeyman, and Barboza HATES wrestlers. Don’t get me wrong, all solid wins, but remarkable is quite the statement… 

As for 25-0, take out those three you mentioned, and explore the other 22 wins. Someone listed them all on here a while back, his record before Johnson, barring RDA, is laughably padded 

Edson has beaten decent MMA wrestlers. I can’t recall any fight where he lost because of being taken down consistently. Maybe the Johnson fight.

RDA went on his run immediately after that loss. After the loss to Khabib, it went High, Benson, Nate, then his winning the title.

Johnson might be a journey man. But nobody (including Nate and Tony) have ever made him look so helpless.

Before the RDA fight, Khabib beat Healy, Abel, Tibau (he worst showing) and Tavares. Those are all solid wins.

wiggum -
Dreville79 - 
wiggum -
Dreville79 - 
wiggum -
BrowBeaten - 

Tony 9-0

Khabib 3-0

Conor 7-1 (Two Titles) 

Edson has beaten decent MMA wrestlers. I can’t recall any fight where he lost because of being taken down consistently. Maybe the Johnson fight.

RDA went on his run immediately after that loss. After the loss to Khabib, it went High, Benson, Nate, then his winning the title.

Johnson might be a journey man. But nobody (including Nate and Tony) have ever made him look so helpless.

Before the RDA fight, Khabib beat Healy, Abel, Tibau (he worst showing) and Tavares. Those are all solid wins.

You know Johnson beat tony yeah?

^^Yeah. That was my point (which, maybe I wasn’t super clear with). Nate is often looked at for having ‘destroyed’ MJ. But it was WAY closer than the Khabib fight. And MJ actually beat Tony.

One important fact that can’t be ignored , the weight classes.

Conor has only fought at LW once, and lost to Diaz, a LW fighter arguably twice. Conor only beat Alvarez, he hasn’t fought any other top 5 LW fighter. Yet he’s the champ, doesn’t make sense imo. His record can’t be compared to Tony’s or Khabib’s.

Khabib didn’t have catchweight fights, he missed weight those fights. He’s extremely inactive. The reality is he should’ve been champ by now if it wasn’t for his injuries.

Conor has a vastly superior body of work. Cut it any which way you want.

That takes nothing away from Tony or Khabib’s accomplishments. 

Boner McGregor - 

Conor has a vastly superior body of work. Cut it any which way you want.

That takes nothing away from Tony or Khabib’s accomplishments. 

If you look at both weightclasses, I think that’s right.

Conor’s best wins: Alvarez, Mendes, Diaz, the great Jose Aldo, Porrier.

Conor’s worst loss in current form: Diaz

Khabib’s best wins: RDA, Barboza, Johnson, Trujillo

Khabib’s worst loss in current form: N/A

Tony’s best wins: Lee, RDA, Barboza, Thompson, Trujillo

Tony’s worst loss in current form: I’d argue there none. He’s a far better fighter than he was at the time of the MJ fight.

Based on this, I think Conor has accomplished more with better wins. Khabib and Tony have both beat RDA, which is really impressive. But I don’t think that’s better than Jose Aldo. And Conor’s wins over Mendes and his Flawless Victory over Eddie are both remarkable.

AnericanFootball - 

Lol @ Khabib’s “accomplishments”

He is 25-0 and has a dominant win over Rafael Dos Anjos. Don’t know what you’re laughing at.