Something I noticed...

I realised last night that Machida doesn't throw hooks. Whenever he counters it's always with the straight, whether left or righ. Shogun picked up on this cause he nearly always had the front cover up and countered straight off of it.

Elvis

Sensei Kreese will notice this too and straighten it out for the rematch imo....

Good point.

yup, definately appeared to be a part of Shogun's effective strategy.

Good observation. Yet when Rua covered up like that, he was vulnerable to the knee to the body.

Shogun by Decision in the rematch IMO.

He was vunerable to the knee but Machida did not throw enough of them either. Also Machida uses the body/head kick rather than the leg kick so Shogun would cover up and as soon as it landed blast out a counter low kick. I also noticed Machida didn't work his trade mark footsweeps as much either. He went for a couple but they seemed to fizz.

Elvis

I think in the re-match we will see a very different Machida. Right from his walk out it looked like something was wrong, then right before the fight he was discussing something with Herb Dean. It looked like he was complaining about something but it was hard to tell.

I think Machida wins the re-match

cdueck - I think in the re-match we will see a very different Machida. Right from his walk out it looked like something was wrong, then right before the fight he was discussing something with Herb Dean. It looked like he was complaining about something but it was hard to tell.

Definitely wondering about this too. Does anyone know what that was about?

xcarnoxometzx - 
cdueck - I think in the re-match we will see a very different Machida. Right from his walk out it looked like something was wrong, then right before the fight he was discussing something with Herb Dean. It looked like he was complaining about something but it was hard to tell.

I think it was the stack of cash with the eyeballs from the giecko commercials

xcarnoxometzx - 

it appeared he was complaining about grease on the mat imo.

I thought Shogun won a very close fight. I had it 2 rounds a piece going into the last round. Shogun definitely finished stronger as well.

Elvis

Elvis - I thought Shogun won a very close fight. I had it 2 rounds a piece going into the last round. Shogun definitely finished stronger as well.

Elvis

KING!

didnt he throw hooks when finishing rashad?

amazing though that those straights that he seemed to have never missed before were all blocked or unphased by shogun

Elvis - I thought Shogun won a very close fight. I had it 2 rounds a piece going into the last round. Shogun definitely finished stronger as well.

Elvis

Finally, a little sanity. Shogun absolutely deserved the decision, but it was a close fight and certainly not the blowout some people are making it out to be.

MolsonMuscles - 

Elvis

Finally, a little sanity. Shogun absolutely deserved the decision, but it was a close fight and certainly not the blowout some people are making it out to be.
This

Elvis,

What rounds did you think Machida won? I really thought he lost every round. I actually think that the best shots he landed the entire fight were in rd. 5 with those two knees.

WTF is all this talk about Machida having an off night and talking to the ref so something must've been wrong.

Plain and simple he got beat and caught the luckiest break this year in mma.

Elvis

Awesome, I had the same exact judging with the commentary off the 2nd viewing. I had Shogun winning 2,4, and 5 with the last being the closest.

Chomas - Yeah but Shogun never went in for the kill, maybe because he couldn't. Leg kicks shouldn't win fights, and they didn't last night.

OK, let me thigh kick you full power for 5 rounds while you do nothing and try to tell me that you won the fight. Moron.