Sorry but this is boring

Cub was robbed.

AttentionDeficitDizzle -
jwg - 
TOAO - I understand fighting. I just don't like his style. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, sucks that people who disagree with you just dismiss your opinion and claim that you don't understand or like "real fighting".

That was a boring fight. Everybody says Stann is biased as fuck in every other fight but then they buy into his bias in this fight. I love the internet.

Yeah, it always turns into insults and self-righteous claims. People act indignant when their fighter goes the strategy route to safely cruise to a win, but are called on it.
Who was it that "safely cruised to a win?" Phone Post 3.0

After taking cub down and keeping him there for over 4 minutes, with 6 second left (this is in the 4th) instead of backing out and waiting for the bell. Frankie fainted, and landed one of the hardest punches of the fight, a right straight on Cubs jaw and ducked out before cub could counter. At the end of the 5th, arguably a 10-8, Frankie grabbed Cubs jaw, noticing he wasn't under his chin, he cranked his jaw one way while twisting his hips the other. Point fighters, like gsp, would have waited out both situations. I agree, Frankie does use techniques to try and steal rounds like the judo throw at the end of round 1, but this is a good thing, hell, of brad pickett did this at the end of his fight, he would have probably gotten his hand raised, but he gave up on his attempt. My question for those voicing their opinions against Frankie's performance tonight: in your opinion, what should he have done? He doesn't have one punch knockout power so he finished the fight the only way his genetics allow him to - by exhausting his opponent into submission ala the 3rd bj fight. Seriously guys, what should edgar have done in this situation? Frankie has won the last 13 rounds he's fought ..

I don't know what's worse...The guys who are saying Cub/Frankie was boring, or the guys who called Fight Night 55 the GREATEST card they've EVER seen. Phone Post 3.0

He whooped that ass for 5 rounds and got the finish against a guy like CUB fucking SWANSON! It's just that much more impressive. Phone Post 3.0

TOAO - Edgar dominated but it wasn't even exciting. Edgar can't beat aldo. But can beat everyone else except for mendes. What to do with edgar? 135? Gatekeeper Phone Post 3.0

Wrong sport, just because Cub can take 300 punches and elbows and it not end nice and quick like you want it to, does not make it boring. It was awesome watching cub fight full mount, and the transitions, ugh. You guys must love watching people punch will pillow, 5 seconds rest every 10 seconds of throwing punches. Like a 9 year old with ADD. Go play Destiny, it's a great game.

A little surprised to see threads like this. Frankie did pretty much everything you can do on the ground. Those weren't Jake Shields from mount punches, those were brutal shots that were busting Cub's face up. He went for a guillotine on top, a side choke, RNC, and finished with a nasty neck crank. His takedowns were textbook.

I honestly think that, just like Condit vs Diaz, people wanted to see an exciting stand-up fight, they didn't get it, and are pissed off about it. Phone Post 3.0

CowboyIsMillersSandman -
MasterofMartialArts - 
AttentionDeficitDizzle -
jwg - 
TOAO - I understand fighting. I just don't like his style. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, sucks that people who disagree with you just dismiss your opinion and claim that you don't understand or like "real fighting".

That was a boring fight. Everybody says Stann is biased as fuck in every other fight but then they buy into his bias in this fight. I love the internet.

Yeah, it always turns into insults and self-righteous claims. People act indignant when their fighter goes the strategy route to safely cruise to a win, but are called on it.
Who was it that "safely cruised to a win?" Phone Post 3.0

Read his name, he has attention problems.  His ignorance can be excused, and shall not be deemed a tard.

You are right. Phone Post 3.0

RJJH -
priziesthorse - 16 passes on the ground, 4th all time in a single UFC fight

259 total strikes landed, new single-fight UFC/WEC featherweight record

really, none of that impresses me in the least.

I know for a fact that 200 of those strikes came at a distance no more than 6 inches away.

that's not an impressive record to hold IMO.

Ok.....

So you're that "I'm not impressed" guy.

I see..... Phone Post 3.0

Hard Aground -

What I find boring is two horrible boxers, like most of the people who only strike, just swinging wildly at each other.

Christ, thank you.

People will make threads all day about how those fights are exciting. Guess what, they're not. What Frankie did tonight was beautiful violence.

I remember when MMA fans appreciated technique. Phone Post 3.0

RJJH - 
priziesthorse - 16 passes on the ground, 4th all time in a single UFC fight

259 total strikes landed, new single-fight UFC/WEC featherweight record

really, none of that impresses me in the least.

I know for a fact that 200 of those strikes came at a distance no more than 6 inches away.

that's not an impressive record to hold IMO.

What about 16 passes on the ground? Not talking shit, but curious to see if that impreses you? Cub is a black belt .... I bet even nick diaz was impressed by this ground performance ..

FETT_the geek - I think you're following the wrong sport then, that was exciting.
This Phone Post 3.0

TOAO - Edgar dominated but it wasn't even exciting. Edgar can't beat aldo. But can beat everyone else except for mendes. What to do with edgar? 135? Gatekeeper Phone Post 3.0

Just another pajama grappler jealous and upset that a bunch of non-gi wrestlers have pretty much swept the entire sport.

Your gi useless in MMA.

FACT. Deal with it.

"Boring" is pretty subjective and depends entirely on personal perception and preference. I enjoyed the fight, but I don't see the point in arguing over whether or not something is boring. Phone Post 3.0

Hipster MMA fans.

"Omg if you don't like that you don't understand real fighting"

He doesn't enjoy that style of fighting why does everyone have to be such a dick on here all the time. Phone Post 3.0

I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - theonly way you could hate that fight is if you're a cub fan. and i could see why, but that was the best Frankie we ever saw.

This

He just dominated a fighter that never gets dominated. Amazing performance.

Frankie could have dropped his trunks, plopped a Cleveland steamer on Cubs chest and some ppl would still find it boring ... Oh well

I hate mma fans sometimes. An inpleasable crowd. Not even in team sports, where a player could have destroyed you're favourite team for a decade, will they shit on an accomplished athlete as much as mma fans do.
I found it entertaining as hell. He put a clinic on cub, beat him bloody and made a record setting finish. Cub has nobody to blame but himself for being controlled like that and he knew it. He gave Frankie the credit he deserved.
Why is Frankie hated for his style but Randy universally loved? Both are grinders, they shouldn't have been able to beat guys with such a size disparity. Both weren't natural stone cold finishers. Mind bottled. Phone Post 3.0

Just give Conor the shot, no one wants to see Edgar lose to Aldo again. Mendes-Edgar is my dream fight, Chad will stuff every takedown and hurt Edgar bad