Southpaw padwork?

Iceberg: I learned to fight orthodox even though I am a lefty and I also love the power it gives to my jab. My difficulty is with the power it takes away from my cross. Once you are tired your knockout power is gone (but you will still have a stiff jab!).

Chris and everybody, I am taking notes, thanks!
Should a lefty be stepping outside the lead foot when they are throwing these combos? Or inside?

Outside. minimally move forward and align your outside toe to his. Do not go inside. He'll cut you off, negate your cross and fade or pivot out aiding his hook.

NEVER GO INSIDE unless your going to clinch and/or knee (elbow) and please always set that up with something.

I have seen boxers do both but am not quite sophisticated enough to appreciate the risks involved (beyond simply having my clock cleaned).
From an MMA perspective it seems that my main options are step outside and hit with a big left cross or step inside and go for a double leg (preferably set up with something, perhaps a long left hook).

If you step inside (and pro boxers do because they are so skilled.) you can't "stay in traffic" you've got to stick and move or circle wide and reset.

ttt