Spartan 13 - Fri April 1

Yes we do Justin.

Anything to make Keats MMA watching life a misery...

:-)

Tank

maybe xfc could move to darwin and keep it a secret so that it never has to worry about spartan stealing anything more ot theirs!!!!!!!

mean spartan people, haven't you guys got enough yet?

Now your killing me...if thats the case fuck MMA i'm going back to watching boxing

Keats runs to his room sulking

sorry keats, or tasmania ;)

Has anyone else heard that this is what has happened in Vic?

ttt for more info re: Victorian MMA situation. Surely there is someone
closer to the source who would know.

Re VIC I know john went the right way about getting sanctioning with letters from NSAC/UFC Doctors and a lot more. personally I thought the "banned in the USA" was really clutching at straws marketing and may have bitten them on the ass.

I hope the sport continues in Victoria

Surely if they got the initial OK, the subsequent events did not give
them any reason for banning them in the future. I mean there was no
really bad fights where people got hurt badly, was there?

I really don't know the deal appart from excellent sources I have in boxing stated the powers that be wanted it gone.

Justin

I attened the 1st 2 shows and (don't take this the wrong way) the MMA fights were very soft compared to the boxing and kickboxing fights. In that I mean 1st show one of the Kickboxers got 2 standing 8 counts was out on his feet when he got KTFO.
The boxers on this show clashed heads and there was blood everywhere.
I don't believe off memory there was any blood at all in any of the MMA fights and no one was KO'd.

Similar in the second show and what I heard i nthe 3 show the boxing match was a slug fest.

Perhaps they fear the new competitor in MMA.

Justin

Perhaps the boxing board is made up of 90 year old men who don't like change :)

I reckkon it always goes back to $$$ with the authorities.

Justin

ooh oooh, can I be the MTPFC upper light middle welterweight world champion?! :))

Coop's you wanna be the "MTPFC"

matt Te Paa felching companion??

No wonder he ran back to NZ ;)

Justin

Justin,
I think publicly insulting fighters and degrading their skill counts as poor ethics. Would like an example of that??? How about calling me a [and I quote] "a silly little tomato can hack" , "a pre-pubescent white Zab Judah" or saying you hoped Steve Gillinder knocked the shit out of me. I would hardly consider that to be ethical.

Oh yeah FYI...

eth·ic

1- A set of principles of right conduct.

This may also be of help...

mor·al

1- Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.

2- Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior: a moral lesson.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=morals

ouch!....and now for pudding?

• Juggs

I'm confused about this, wasn't there already two different shows at Sharks already, XFC and KOTC?  So I don't see where the issue lies as obviously the promoters are happy to share venues?

I don't think it's so much a business issue, but more of a personal issue, which is shame.

Elvis

Ray Matsumura was also originally promoting at Sharks.