Spartan 13 - Fri April 1

The one overwhelming downside to Sharks is the dressing rooms. Personally I think Sharks is an excellent venue that has improved dramatically appart from the dresssing rooms i would say I prefer it as a promoter. The RSL is a lot more central and we have always had better efforts by the staff on presales and I believe they are a better operation, however, sharks is just a slightly nicer room.

So back to the matter at hand, why would I want to leave a desirable venue with 2 shows booked.....

People can buy whatever shit they want from Kerry and co. However the proof is in the pudding look at the list of stuff he has poached etc... Which is OK some very succesful people chose to do that in business, personally though I don't and it's a pretty acceptable practice that promoters just don't try to steal another promoters stuff. But if you do it just be aman and be honest and say it and don't hide behind the crap like "we would never do this.........

Justin

now what was this thread about again?

oh yeah, good luck with the spartan show guys, look forward to seeing the card.

i hear there are some big suprises!

hey matt,
that last one sounded very zoolanderish!

There's pudding ?

Tank

The RSL was really good for atmosphere. Very classy room but with XFC3 packed out it was really heated. Everyone was going off. When the lights went out it was just awsome fights and loud cheers.

Hopefully XFC7-whenever share the same atmosphere.

LMAO at Justin talking bussiness ethics! Spartan will be awesome no matter what the venue is.

Yes Tank there is pudding, we now just have to work out if Sharks or the RSL have the best pudding ;)

Hey while on the subject of pudding. We have New Zealand friends here and my wife and his wife sometimes go to the pics and go for a drink or dersert afterwards. My wife loves the face on the waiter when he comes over and our New Zealand friend says they are in for pudding and the waiter starts trying to tell them they don't have pudding on the menu.

For those who don't understand this apparantly in New Zealand pudding is desert. But then again six is sex over there also ;)

Sorry if the story doesn't interest you but just thought I would attempt to really high jack a thread ;)

Keats, allow me to be the first to say "WTF ?"

Tank

HAHAHA. Sorry just trying to lighten the thread up a bit ;)

Fuck i'm bored, can anyone tell? ;)

Personally i dont see what all the fuss is about, lets just watch some god damn fights :)

I agree with Soldier, I have seen some of the best fights in the shittiest venues.

Personally if I can see a good fight/matchup the venue means shit to me.

From the standpoint of microeconomics, all these exclusivity agreements with venues, fighters etc lead to extremely poor market outcomes i.e. shit for MMA in Australia.

What does it matter if two promotions share the same venue or fighters when even put together there aren't enough shows to satisfy demand???

drees,

99% Agreed. Of course I don't pretend to understand how hard it is to be a fight promoter but, I have to say I don't think exclusive agreements work for the bigger picture of Aussie MMA.

Also not 100% sure about the MMA supply and demand. I'm guessing all the QLD events are profitable since they keep recurring regularly, fantastic for the sport!!

However, I notice there hasn't been a Victorian or NSW event for some time, does that suggest a loss on the part of the respective promoters???

I'm guessing here.

Regards

Gerald.

Spartan has the right to approach whoever they want, Sharks has the right to host whoever they want and I have the right to walk away from a venue if I am not happy - this is all 100% fact

Also 100% fact is that Kerry is cold faced lier. He continualy reaches out to venues, fighters, staff and sponsors that are with XFC. He also has the right to do this, what amuses me is the stance he takes of righteousness claiming he would never do such things. How hard is it to stand up like a man in front of your peers and patrons and tell the truth?

Jacob, I would assume you doubt my ethics in business. Care to offer any examples of where I have displayed such a lack of ethics? and people let the child speak for himself on this one (email him private if you feel he needs a hand) :D

Justin

"why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends"

lol @ xfc calling someone a child

:)

I called a child a child, whats the big deal?

Justin

lmfao at this whole tanty!

G is right, what the hell is happening in Vic?

Not that Tank cares :)

I have heard that the sanctioning bodies don't want anymore MMA in Victoria and if it was to happen that the sport would be modified to the extent that it would be to MMA what olympic TKD is to Muay Thai. personally I hope this is untrue as we don't have room for Shooto up here to ;)

Justin