Squat, Deads, Cleans.??

Can you recomend a program where I can squat, deadlift, hanging cleans, and a run. Maybe not recomend a program but if I only do these exercises will it be to much for a 5 day sechedule. If I did something like

Day 1. Deadlifts + 1-2mile Run

Day 2. Cleans + 1-2mile Run

Day 3. Squats + 1-2mile Run

Day 4. Maybe a bench but I have a squirly shoulder.

Day 5. Run/Cardio

I want to gain strength in all these lifts.

Thanks, Rob

I agree about doing pull-ups / rows... upright and bent...

My main suggestion is to run BEFORE you do your lifts... otherwise you'll be crying the whole time as your legs burn like no other....

As far as BFS's program... their Plyometrics are still amazing to do as a supplement to squatting. It adds a dimension of "explosiveness" and helps increase your wind for squatting... it especially helps when you're doing sets of 20 =)

Looks a lot like the schedule I've got now.

If lifting/strength is your main focus, I'd actually not recommend running first. Either one can only be done to the detriment of the one that follows.

"If lifting/strength is your main focus, I'd actually not recommend running first. Either one can only be done to the detriment of the one that follows."

how about switching order every week?

Sure, why not.

If you're only running 1-2 miles before lifting, then it's no big deal. It serves as a good warm-up. The "no-cardio-before-lifting" thing has really gotten out of control...just like the static stretching phobia.

Then again, it's up to you and your current state of fitness. If 1-2 miles decimates you and leaves you lying on the ground in a heap of hyperventilating protoplasm, then you may want to separate the two.

Otherwise, logging 3-6 miles/week w/ concurrent resistance training is not going to noticeably interfere with your strength gains.

Thanks guys. Strength & Condition is the best part of this site. :)

Rob

I agree with Jonwell. Do the most important one first. If I am doing a really challenging DL day, I lift first. If i am doing Taku's on the Airdyne, then I sure as hell do that first!

"Then again, it's up to you and your current state of fitness. If 1-2 miles decimates you and leaves you lying on the ground in a heap of hyperventilating protoplasm, then you may want to separate the two."

Ya that would be me :P

I believe it best to not perform compound exercises on consecutive days.

check out rippetoe:

workoutA. 3X5 squat, 3X5 bench, 1X5 deadlift

workoutB. 3X5 squat, 3X5 military press, 3X5 clean

alternate workouts

workout 3 nonconsecutive days/week

run on alternate days up to 3 days/week

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224