Squat Help.

Now I've watched a lot of videos and what not on YouTube. Im currently doing starting strenght 5x5. Now I started the weights really light to get the correct form. I was doing a weight I knew I could easily complete. Now I have increased my weight and I can get threw all my reps and sets. But before I go to bed. My back is killing me.

I know it's hard for you guys to comment with out watching me do it. But has anuone had the same issues. Phone Post

Can you post a video?

Ill see if I can get one organised. Phone Post

definitely need a video (preferably shot from the side) to get any ideas.

The cause could be quite a few things. Possibly:

1. You aren't tensing your "core" properly, so your abs, etc aren't helping support any of the weight. This is forcing your spine and low back to take all the weight.

2. Your abs just aren't strong enough yet.

3. You're overdoing it on deadlifts and squats together, and that is overworking your low back.

4. Your squat form sucks.
5. Your deadlift form sucks.
6. Something else you are doing (OHP, even bench maybe) has a flaw in form that is making you overarch your back and place too much pressure on the low back.
7. You have overly tight IT bands, which wrap from the low back to the knees, and the tension from them is causing your low back pain.

Best idea for form check is to video from the side all your main lifts and edit it into a 3-5 minute video. If you post it here, I and a few others (TAKU, Jeremy Hamilton, etc) can give good feedback.

Ok awesome man ill see what I can do im not that tech savvy. Internet wise anyway. Phone Post

Air up at the top of your lift and tighten your core, then squat and his till your almost 3/4 if the way back up, so not try to air up the bottom or release your air or you will lose your base, if your having trouble visualizing wear a belt and push out against it and hold it thru your lift, it makes a huge difference for me

Sorry I did mean 3x5. Its a dull pain that became worse as the day went on. Phone Post

If i were you i would hire a strength coach or a good personal trainer, even if its just for one session to correct your form on all the big lifts (DeadLift, Squat, Bench Press). Theres only so much we can do over the internet.

• If it's your upper back then you probably think you're keeping your shoulder blades pinched/shoulder back but you're not nearly as tight as you should be. And push out with your abs more. This isn't really a natural thing and takes some practice.

- Improve your posture/thoracic mobility. Google the Founder Routine, if you can get the full 12min routine (takes some digging online) you will feel fucking phenomenal. I am legitimately an inch taller after improving my posture with this routine.

- Stretch your hip flexors and hamstrings thoroughly after squatting. Bretzel Stretch really helped me here

- Improve your warmup, this link will help #7 on chocolate shatner's list as well-->
    http://strengthrunning.com/2010/05/elite-core-and-dynamic-warm-ups-a-comprehensive-guide/

- Follow blunderhooks advice, it's hard to do with a foam roller or some other device but get someone to dig their elbow into your spinal erectors.

My guess would be you haven't developed a great lower back yet and its just doms from getting it worked Phone Post

NeoSpartan - - If it's your upper back then you probably think you're keeping your shoulder blades pinched/shoulder back but you're not nearly as tight as you should be. And push out with your abs more. This isn't really a natural thing and takes some practice.

- Improve your posture/thoracic mobility. Google the Founder Routine, if you can get the full 12min routine (takes some digging online) you will feel fucking phenomenal. I am legitimately an inch taller after improving my posture with this routine.

- Stretch your hip flexors and hamstrings thoroughly after squatting. Bretzel Stretch really helped me here

- Improve your warmup, this link will help #7 on chocolate shatner's list as well-->
http://strengthrunning.com/2010/05/elite-core-and-dynamic-warm-ups-a-comprehensive-guide/

- Follow blunderhooks advice, it's hard to do with a foam roller or some other device but get someone to dig their elbow into your spinal erectors.
A rumble roller hits those spots. Worth the investment IMO Phone Post 3.0