Stefan Struve out indefinitely :(

@UFCTonight: Report from @arielhelwani: @stefanstruve has been diagnosed with a leaking aortic valve and enlarged heart. Phone Post 3.0

@UFCTonight: Helwani cont. Struve will be taking meds for 2 months and then they will decide what's the next course of action. His career might be over. Phone Post 3.0

Ouch. Hope it all works out for him.

damn this stinks....wish Struve all the best 

Well fuck.... Phone Post

Tough break for Struve....Wish him the best.

that is unfortunate. great guy. 

Damn. Best of luck to him. Phone Post

That sucks  ; (

That is so sad to hear, I wish the skyscraper all the best. Heart conditions are a serious thing, I hope he makes a full recovery. Phone Post

Awful news for him, hope he's able to be healthy and compete if he'd like in the future. Phone Post

XIITT_JBASS - That is so sad to hear, I wish the skyscraper all the best. Heart conditions are a serious thing, I hope he makes a full recovery. Phone Post

Forgot to mention - can anyone confirm if his large build has anything to do with the heart condition? Phone Post

That's awful. I hope he makes a full recovery and lives a long and healthy life.

Struve has always seemed like a good guy. Phone Post 3.0

Hope he's ok Phone Post

struve always brings it. A true fighter, he'll be back and better than ever.

war skyscraper!

I feel awful for Struve. If his career is indeed over, I'll miss watching him compete. He always came to fight. Obviously though, there is nothing more important than your health. Best of luck to Stefan. Phone Post 3.0

Horrible Phone Post 3.0

How did they find this out?

Maybe athletes have died suddenly or had to end their careers due to an enlarged heart, yet it's most often undetected.

I'm curious in his case as imagine the number of medical exams he's had as a pro fighter yet they just discovered this.

MRXC - The fighting is irrelevant, I wish him the best of health. His family needs him alive far longer than I need him to fight.
This. Wish him the best. Phone Post 3.0

Very sorry to hear that, and I hope that his treatment goes well. Bicuspid aortic valves are not that uncommon, and in a non-athlete you could expect a fairly normal life after treatment. It is a bigger deal in someone like him who does ultra high intensity physical activity for a living. Glad to hear the UFC brass talking about him being with the organization into the future.

I am surprised that he did not have a click or the diastolic murmur from his aortic insufficiency noted sooner on one of his pre-fight physicals. Phone Post 3.0