Stefan Struve out indefinitely :(

Thats a nightmare to happen for fighter. Wish nothing but the best for the Skyscraper. Phone Post

XIITT_JBASS - 
XIITT_JBASS - That is so sad to hear, I wish the skyscraper all the best. Heart conditions are a serious thing, I hope he makes a full recovery. Phone Post

Forgot to mention - can anyone confirm if his large build has anything to do with the heart condition? Phone Post

I'm pretty sure his massive build is the direct result of his heart problems.

Even though he probably isn't officially diagnosed with it, I think he probably has gigantism like Andre the Giant did.

XIITT_JBASS -
XIITT_JBASS - That is so sad to hear, I wish the skyscraper all the best. Heart conditions are a serious thing, I hope he makes a full recovery. Phone Post

Forgot to mention - can anyone confirm if his large build has anything to do with the heart condition? Phone Post

Unlikely that his build is related based in the information provided. Bicuspid aortic valves are a fairly common form of congenital heart disease, and in most cases are an isolated anomaly and not part of a syndrome/association Phone Post 3.0

Forgot to mention - can anyone confirm if his large build has anything to do with the heart condition?

Its almost certainly related to Marfan Syndrome which is a genetic disease that affects the connective tissue. It almost always affects people who are tall, and have long limbs. The most serious complications of the disease are defects of the Aorta and heart valve. Luckily he detected it, it most defintly can be fatal. Pitts college basketball coach Jamie Dixon's sister, Maggie Dixon, who herself was a BB player and later was the womens BB coach at Army,  passed away at the age of 28 or an enlarged heart and a problem with her heart valve. Thank goodness it was detected in time for Skyscraper. Wish him the best, and a speedy recovery

best of luck to him.... hope he can fight again Phone Post 3.0

hoping for the best

MRXC - The fighting is irrelevant, I wish him the best of health. His family needs him alive far longer than I need him to fight.
VU, cause this is exactly what I was going to say.

Best of luck to the Skyscraper. Hope he has a healthy recovery. Phone Post 3.0

Terrible news. I wish him the best.

Doctor NPD - Struve is a great person and fighter. I wish him all the best.

This.

XIITT_JBASS - 

Its almost certainly related to Marfan Syndrome which is a genetic disease that affects the connective tissue. It almost always affects people who are tall, and have long limbs. The most serious complications of the disease are defects of the Aorta and heart valve. Luckily he detected it, it most defintly can be fatal. Pitts college basketball coach Jamie Dixon's sister, Maggie Dixon, who herself was a BB player and later was the womens BB coach at Army,  passed away at the age of 28 or an enlarged heart and a problem with her heart valve. Thank goodness it was detected in time for Skyscraper. Wish him the best, and a speedy recovery

Lots of tangentially related, but wrong information about bicuspid aortic valves in this thread.
There is no association between heart disease and gigantism, a rare syndrome of elevated growth hormone typically from a pituitary abnormality.

Bicuspid aortic valves are no more common in Marfan Syndrome than in the general population. Patients with bicuspid aortic valves often have aortic root enlargement (as is seen in patients with Marfan Syndrome due to their abnormal elastin), but it is not fully clear if there is actually an abnormality in their aortic tissue or if the enlargement is due to the abnormal flow across the abnormal valve causing increased wall stress on the aortic root. Phone Post 3.0

What a shame. He seems like a really good dude. Wish him the best. Phone Post 3.0

Erik Tracey - 

Well fuck.... Phone Post

Well wishes to our brother.

Struve fan for life Phone Post 3.0

MRXC - The fighting is irrelevant, I wish him the best of health. His family needs him alive far longer than I need him to fight.
This all day every day Phone Post 3.0

THIS!!!

Voted up. Phone Post 3.0

Bummer! Such a young guy. Get well soon! Phone Post 3.0

Damn, anything with the heart really makes me squeemish. Hope everything works out. Phone Post 3.0

Best wishes, he's young and talented. Phone Post

Shit I really I really hope it goes well for him, such a great kid and so nice in all his interviews. An AWESOME fighter to watch! Good luck big guy no matter what the outcome!