Stefan Struve out indefinitely :(

really shocked, get well stephan!

Struve has always put on a great show. Hopefully it all works out for him!

That's fucking terrible. Best of luck bro. Phone Post

Hoping the best for him. And if that truly is it for his career, thank you for the great moments and fights.

Terrible news. Glad he was diagnosed as early as possible tho. Best of luck Stefan

Get well skraper! Phone Post

I was diagnosed with a bicuspid aortic valve as a child, and was told they would simply replace it with an artificial valve once I hit my mid-twenties(once I stopped growing) to avoid and enlarged heart.

As long as Stefan was diagnosed before the point where his heart had grown to a severely dangerous size with a good surgeon he should be fine. The fact he has been cleared to do light cardio exercise bodes well for him.

Should he have it replaced he will feel stronger and his heart will function much more efficiently so he will have better cardio without having to work so hard.

A person with a bicuspid aortic valve's heart doesn't pump blood as efficiently as a normal persons, and therefore has to work much harder which leads to enlargement of the heart muscle. Replacing the valve should stop any continuing enlargement of the heart and as well as improving the level/efficiency to which his body can operate.

With a little luck he should be healthy and performing in the octagon again in the not to distant future.

Struve is one of the nicest guy you'll ever meet in UFC events. I hope he recovers from this and can at least live a healthy life

I should note that I was extremely lucky as I did not require surgery...I have been told that some how my heart freakishly repaired it self which is supposed to be physically impossible...leading doctors to question if somehow the valve was pinned(one flap connected by skin and not functioning) only to tear free and correct itself, or if I should be in Guinness as the first person to ever heal from such a thing.

Hope for a speedy recovery Phone Post

That sucks, awesome fighter and great guy. Phone Post 3.0

That is absolutely horrible. Hopefully, his heart heals and he lives a long, normal life. If he can ever fight again, that would be a plus, but more-so his health comes before MMA.

sorry to hear hope your back Stefan

No!! Thats awful, I really liked watching Struve fight!

I wish him the best of luck in the future!

That sucks. Good luck Stefan. Phone Post

:( Sad to hear, hope everything works out OK for him, and if he can't fight he can somehow remain involved in MMA.

Fuck thats aweful man, i wish Stefan the best n hopefully his heart heals up 100%, love watchin him fight n hes a calm cool guy, were routin for u Skyscraper!

Fattiecorpuscle - :( Sad to hear, hope everything works out OK for him, and if he can't fight he can somehow remain involved in MMA.

*I hope he can somehow remain involved in MMA

He's a good guy and fighter, tons of respect for him.

Terrible news, though silver lining is his brain will be much healthier. Phone Post

Mike Litoris -

No!! Thats awful, I really liked watching Struve fight!

I wish him the best of luck in the future!

. Phone Post 3.0