Stephan Bonnar support thread....

After meeting him at the Arnold's classic a couple years ago, I will always be a fan. He was seriously such a nice dude. It was right after his fight with Krzystof(sp) and he still had his cut from the head butt and he was making jokes about how he's convinced the ref was brothers with Krzystof. Much respect to Bonnar, I hope he bounces back from this.

Respect Phone Post

Stephan Bonnar has always been one of my favorite fighters.

When he beat the Polish Experiment I went nuts for a bit.

And that post-fight pose?

..and that interview when he says "Some people in the past have mistaken me for a wimp" then I forget the bulk of the story, and the story ends "In fact, I've had to have one [tooth] surgically removed from my knuckles", which is all kinds of fucked up.

I think it's tragic if he can't get back into the Zuffa clique, where he belongs.

Absolutely signed.

One of the coolest guys I've ever met in my life.  Within seconds of meeting him, he was showing me pictures of his family and telling me what it was like to fight Forrest that legendary night.

I will ALWAYS be a fan.

Soup and Beer -

He kind of throws that out the window by deciding to roid on his last fight out.  I guess he figured he had no reprecussions if caught because a suspension wouldnt mean anything.

A serious question bc's I'm not sure I am reading this right your saying that he figured he would do it bc's if he got caught it wouldn't matter bc's he's not fighting anymore anyway? It's a real question not trying to be an idiot Phone Post

Signed.

Showing my friends season 1 of TUF and having them become fanboys and take a real interest in MMA I will always have to give credit to Stephan Bonnar and Forrest Griffin.

Without Stephan half of you assholes posting about how wrong it was of him to try and heal up his injuries wouldn't know wtf the UFC is all about let alone MMA in general. So go fuck yourselves.

Real fans got your back Stephan.

WAR AMERICAN PSHYCO Phone Post

** PSYCHO. Damn. Fucked that one up. Phone Post

Signed and voted up.

Signed. Phone Post

Bonnar is cool as shit. Phone Post

SIGNED! can someone post a link?...I missed it. Phone Post

TTT for the American Psycho!

dMo -

Signed and voted up.

Signed. Will vote you and OP up when I get to a computer.

WAR BONNAR Phone Post

Bump this!

Bonnar is a great guy and his explanation of it got me back on the Bonnar train for sure.

ABE FROMAN - 
Big Pun - Let's make this clear...steroids are illegal fool. You act like they were doctor subscribed and you also act like this was a one time deal. He's a repeat cheater. Noone took over his body, put a steroid needle in his ass and signed a bout agreement knowing he was going to pop a hot test. He did all that himself. It wasn't Zuffa. It wasn't Dana. It was not the Illuminati. It was Stephan Bonnar. Stop acting like he was mistreated or somehow done wrong. He is responsible for his own decisions.

Ignorance should be illegal too but you, your teacher, your parents, your job and your posting style breeze right past that, fool. Now either nut up and talk about the subject or name call, we can do either but not both. 

Again, context is important. Did Bonnar attempt to cheat with the Anderson fight? No. Did he attempt to heal himself and end up getting busted in the end? Yes.

Does his circumstances warrant better treatment than guys like Thiago Silva who is still in the UFC?

YES.

Do you not comprehend what you read? Bonnar was caught using steroids TWICE. After the second positive test he became unpromotable. Healing himself my ass. He was on a cycle and didn't have time to get off it before the test. Here's a newsflash since you don't seem to get it. The only times he didn't test hot for his fights were because he cycled off correctly. You're a fool to believe he just happened to get caught twice because of poor health. I'll let you in on another little secret. If you have health issues and they are legitimate, your doctor will prescribe you legal steroids. If you are a pro athlete and want to cheat to get a leg up on your competition, you use the illegal ones. So Dana tells Stephan he believes in him and promotes Stephan heavily. Then Bonnar cheats and gets a very public suspension for PEDs. That automatically makes his next fight hard to promote because advertisers don't want to be associated with anyone who has a tarnished image. So Dana convinces everyone that it's ok and when a spot opens up later he offers Bonnar a chance to get top billing again as the main fight. Then Dana ends up looking like a moron again because of his trust in Bonnar. Even after all that you guys come on here and try to make it out like it was the UFC's fault. Bonnar didn't just use the PEDs the two times he got caught.

He used them for every fight and only got caught twice. He did alot for the UFC so I would expect him to have some role in the company again down the road but now they will have to rebuild his image. I don't care what other names you mention or try to compare with. Bonnar is a professional athlete and that requires living up to expectations of the promotion for expected behavior. Getting caught using PEDs multiple times in a contact sport is not going to win you any favors no matter how you try to spin it. Just because you want it to be that way real bad doesn't change the actual reality that the UFC had one of their top tier guys get two PED busts and it was all due to his own decisions to try and get a competitive advantage. When you can show me a doctors prescription for the steroid I will believe he was taking it for medical reasons to heal up injuries.

nolabrum - Dude came out for war everytime. I hope he gets what he deserves. Dana said he would always be part of the UFC family, I hope he stands by his word. Phone Post

Agreed. Phone Post

Big Pun - 
ABE FROMAN - 
Big Pun - Let's make this clear...steroids are illegal fool. You act like they were doctor subscribed and you also act like this was a one time deal. He's a repeat cheater. Noone took over his body, put a steroid needle in his ass and signed a bout agreement knowing he was going to pop a hot test. He did all that himself. It wasn't Zuffa. It wasn't Dana. It was not the Illuminati. It was Stephan Bonnar. Stop acting like he was mistreated or somehow done wrong. He is responsible for his own decisions.

Ignorance should be illegal too but you, your teacher, your parents, your job and your posting style breeze right past that, fool. Now either nut up and talk about the subject or name call, we can do either but not both. 

Again, context is important. Did Bonnar attempt to cheat with the Anderson fight? No. Did he attempt to heal himself and end up getting busted in the end? Yes.

Does his circumstances warrant better treatment than guys like Thiago Silva who is still in the UFC?

YES.

Do you not comprehend what you read? Bonnar was caught using steroids TWICE. After the second positive test he became unpromotable. Healing himself my ass. He was on a cycle and didn't have time to get off it before the test. Here's a newsflash since you don't seem to get it. The only times he didn't test hot for his fights were because he cycled off correctly. You're a fool to believe he just happened to get caught twice because of poor health. I'll let you in on another little secret. If you have health issues and they are legitimate, your doctor will prescribe you legal steroids. If you are a pro athlete and want to cheat to get a leg up on your competition, you use the illegal ones. So Dana tells Stephan he believes in him and promotes Stephan heavily. Then Bonnar cheats and gets a very public suspension for PEDs. That automatically makes his next fight hard to promote because advertisers don't want to be associated with anyone who has a tarnished image. So Dana convinces everyone that it's ok and when a spot opens up later he offers Bonnar a chance to get top billing again as the main fight. Then Dana ends up looking like a moron again because of his trust in Bonnar. Even after all that you guys come on here and try to make it out like it was the UFC's fault. Bonnar didn't just use the PEDs the two times he got caught.

He used them for every fight and only got caught twice. He did alot for the UFC so I would expect him to have some role in the company again down the road but now they will have to rebuild his image. I don't care what other names you mention or try to compare with. Bonnar is a professional athlete and that requires living up to expectations of the promotion for expected behavior. Getting caught using PEDs multiple times in a contact sport is not going to win you any favors no matter how you try to spin it. Just because you want it to be that way real bad doesn't change the actual reality that the UFC had one of their top tier guys get two PED busts and it was all due to his own decisions to try and get a competitive advantage. When you can show me a doctors prescription for the steroid I will believe he was taking it for medical reasons to heal up injuries.

I always have to laugh when someone acts confused because other people don't agree with their viewpoint. If you haven't read this thread you're basically an army of one, and it's you who 'don't comprehend'.

Here's a bit of common sense and something that should be easy to follow.....everybody in MMA thought Stephan was retired. Everybody. He had been begging for fights and nothing was on the horizon for him, nothing was planned for him and no fight seemed appealing to the fans. He wanted a big fight on his way out and spent months begging the UFC for it, instead they told him he should retire.

Your premise is that he spent that time roiding up preparing for fight they told him wasn't coming. Most of this thread believes that he thought he was safe taking ped's since he didn't see a fight on the horizon. I think common sense says this rings true. Who would walk around hurting if they could do otherwise?

Also, as Stephan says, he's not a dummy, why would he put himself in a position to take a fight dirty when he knew he was going to fail? Answer? He thought he wasn't going to. That too makes sense.

I know more about steroids and abuse than the random Internet know-it-all but I don't need that to see what's right in front of me.

It doesn't have anything to do with the 'UFC's fault', it's just a fact that guys who have been busted multiple times are still fighting and are doing things with the UFC. Bonnar who put them on the map in many ways is not. Some people see that as an injustice.

You don't? Cool. Other people aren't you.

He got busted twice - and this last time, he was busted using Drostanolone,

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/5/3602324/ufc-stephan-bonnar-positive-test-mentality-steroid-user-mma-news

Drostanolone, the drug Bonnar failed for this time, is primarily a drug used in weightlifting sports. It allows one to maintain their muscle size and strength while dropping weight, and helps in ridding the body of some water weight.

His excuse is a lie. He's a liar, and a cheater. Tough fighter that's fun to watch...but a lying cheater none the less.

This should be an Anderson Silva appreciation thread imo because Silva was the one who fought and beat the cheater.

SIGNED!

They are all juicing. He just took a risk taking the AS fight. When Dana calls you and asks you to save the day and fight the #1 fighter in MMA history you do it.