Steroids in MMA - a 'How-To'...

I was also thinking the along the same lines tank.

I suppose a example could be Shane Warne (again not saying he took roids).
Would roids give him any advantage apart from getting back on the field quicker? And who could blame him if he did take them as i think it would again only heap he get back on the field which helps him (finacially), his team (to win) and the specators (to see a master in action).

BTW don't get me wrong i'm not saying i'm for roids as some of my posts my seem.

Keats,

I reckon Warney took em!

;)

Or maybe it was his Mum???

G.

haha. i think a few have but i wouldn't want to say anything on here to upset anyone. :)

You see here is the funny thing...we all suspect or even know that alot of Aussie fighters are using the gear...

but no one says anything because..."its impolite".

Now if nothing was wrong with taking it, why do we dance around the issue and why do the users not come out in the open.

Perhaps the perception and dogma surrounding it is the problem. BUT the guys using the stuff started taking it perhaps to make up for a lacking somewhere else.

Nothing is absolute. But there tends to be patterns.

Kym

yes we have tested on XFC2 & 3 costs prohibit testing accorss the board.

Justin

Thats understandable Justin. Good to see you have done a few though.

One of the reasons guys use roids in fighting sports is to build up to go up in weight and try to be around the weight of the guys they are fighting. Its funny how the general public just watching the big guys fight, doesn't matter what the skill level is, often they just want to see big guys who can really hurt each other. Where i have found most people who like fighting sports and really follow them tend to find the guys around maybe welter to suppermiddle (just a generalisation) are the best guys to watch as they have heaps more skill and still have enough power that the public can see it and they can still do alot of punishment to their opponent.
Yet the big guys get the most money as the general public come to see them.

Justin since your very close to Tony and he seems to be a middleweight moving up to heavy could you answer is he moving up for the money, or for his ego (as in being the biggest toughest fighter on the planet), or for other reasons? Again not saying he is useing to put the weight on to move up nore am i saying there is anying wrong with chasing the money or pleasing ones ego just after an idea from someone very close to someone who is moving up weight to why it is the way some guys want to go.

Thanks

Keats,

I don't know who's worse, you or Justin (I think it's you, Justin hasn't mentioned the "T" word for a while now)

It must be some sort of record though, 47 whole posts in a thread with you know who getting a mention.

;-)

Tank

Tank If Tarak posted he i would have asked why Gurkan goes up to heavyweight for some fights, but since this is a MMA forum (so Matt keeps telling me) i asked a MMA promotor about a MMA guy who is going up in weight!

Pretty hard to win on here.

So i can't mention Boxing, I can mention Bonello, I can't disagree with Justin, I can't talk about the skill level of fighters, I can't talk about world titles, I can't ask a serious question, I can't ask someone elses point of view ect ect...Top forum guys, how about you all go fuck yourselves then ;)

and Keats, you can't be nasty and tell everyone to go fuck themselves.

Just think of all the free time you're gonna have now.

;-)

Tank

oh well, had 4.5hrs sleep since 7am Thursday and some times when people get tired they say what they think.
But at least i put a smile with it. ;)

Sometimes when people get tired thay say what they think without thinking about what they're saying.

Of course, if I didn't know better I'd say that was the 'roid rage speaking...

Ease up Keats, you don't need to be a heavyweight.

But you did add a get out of jail free smiley, so no harm done.

:-) (just for good measure)

Tank

Keats you can say watever you want just don't repeat it every week.

Dont think Bonello would have to much problem bulking back up he was a HW or at least a LHW then he dropped quite a bit of weight. His moving back up is probably because the UFC's big title is the LHW and Pride's only got the MW and HW belts. Fighting at 200 or above definately seems the only choice if you want a big title in this sport.

Thanks for that steve.