Still Showdown Joe...:)

Hey Guys and Gals,

Thanks for the very nice e-mails and messages. All is fine and I am not leaving the game in any way. In fact, I may be much more involved.

Just as an FYI, I am still full owner of Showdown Entertainment. It is the company that runs the Toronto Showdown, the Canadian Abu Dhabi Trials, the commentary on MMA broadcasts etc, etc.

I am currently finalizing the date ( hopefully Aug 07/04 ) for the Toronto Showdown and the Canadian Trials. The venue, ( hopefully Scarborough ) and other components are being ironed out as we speak.

On top of that, I will continue my duties with Shut Up and Fight and Leslie is offering me many other 'duties' which will help the MMA scene from Coast to Coast.

I have recieved a few other offers in the past 24 hours that once again prove that there are many SERIOUS entrepreneurs out there that want a piece of the MMA pie.

I am also negotiating with Boxing Ontario and the Amateur Muay Thai Association of Ontario to promote some events with them. I love the amateur level and I want to help many of these fighters take it to the next level. I think by doing so, I can help the combat sports in the Toronto AND Provincial levels raise to a new level.

I will still actively educate the Ontario Athletic Commission about MMA and try and help the Ontario Grappling Commuinity have more events.

Actually...there's more, but we'll leave it at that...:)

I should hopefully have a website up and running soon with more information...:)

Regards to all,

Showdown Joe

Showdown Joe also likes long walks in the park, babies and puppies, and hopes for world peace.

Ladies and gentlemen... a big hand for...

SHOWDOWN JOE!

(clap clap clap)

=)

Sounds good Joe!! Good luck.

*Cue G-funk pimp shit...*Still Showdown and J-O-E (Guess who's back)
Still, still doing that shit, right? [Showdown Joe]
Oh for sho', check me out
It's still Joe Showdown, M.M.A
Before I sub the lot, can't keep it home a lot
Cause when I frequent the mats that I'm known to rock
You hear the bass from the trunk when I'm on the block
Ladies, they pay homage, but haters say Joe sold out
How? My last company was "The Showdown"
They want to know if he still ground'n'pound
They say MMA's changed, they want to know how I feel about it[JHR - singing]
If you ain't up on pace [Showdown Joe]
Showdown Joe is the name, I'm ahead of my game
Still, puffing my leafs, still with the beats
Still not loving cheats (Uh huh)
Still rock my kimono with a cuff and a crease
Still got love for the mats, repping CAN
Still the hand taps, still doing all that
Since I left, ain't too much changed, still
Chorus: [JHR]I'm representing for them players all across the country
Still tapping them fools in them patched up Gi[Showdown Joe]Still taking my time to perfect technique
And I still got love for the jits, it's the J-O-E
[Repeat 2x]

ttt

Glad to see your just gonna kick back and chill for a while :)

All the best my man...I will be seeing you very soon!

Pete

OMG...Rene that was hillarious and awesome at the same time.

I came back to the forum to catch up and read the thread title, and thought of the Dr.Dre track right away. I say your post and started howling...lol.

Maz...thanks bro. I'll be seeing you soon my man.

Pete...looking forward to it bro.

Magnus...well, you simply rule.

Personally, I thought it was classy for JHR to come back and help out with the chorus. After he hit it big on his own with 'JHRoggy-Style', he could have straight tripped and refused...

After months of lengthy negotiations we had to finally give up on purchasing the rights to the name "Showdown Joe". Mr ferrario held hard at 1.2 trillion billion dollars . Shut-up Inc was not willing to go past 1 million so with great regret I will go with the nickname "BIGDOG" . This was a fair negotiations and all parties involved left the table with no hard feelings. Their is potential for me to call myself "Showdown Danny" but this is still in the initial stages of that negotiations as well, LOL. Sorry got to go faxing an offer TKO purchase to just so i can pull a Donald Trump on Stephan.....YOU SIR ARE FIRED !!!

Leslie "BIG DOG" Dickens

That makes me smile.

J.T.

Joe, whats your next public apearance???

Cough*June 5th* Cough COugh

Holy Christ Rene! You kill me bro !

:)

I don't know Rick...you tell me...lol.

Can't wait...

Look for Showdown Joe to be announcing at the next Ontario Submission Wrestling Invitational in Hamilton, Ontario on June 5th.

:)

Goooooooaaaaaaaaaaal!

Er.. I mean...

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

LOL...I'm waiting to find out how much free reign I will have with the microphone.

I'll either get full power or Rick will tell me to shut up.

Props to Joe for continuing to pave the way for MMA in Ontario... Joe's a good man who knows the game well...
Good luck with everything!
APM

When Rick says shut up...he means shut da hell up or you sleep wit da fishes!

Everyone knew that you weren't going anywhere Joe. ;)

I particularly like the idea of your event being back
in Scarberia. Will the trials be here as well?