Still Wear Weight Belts?

Voorhees I hear what you're saying but that's still assuming your prime goal is to lift more weight by artificially strengthening the weakest link. It's also a valid approach to focus on strengthening the weakest link even if that means moving a lighter weight.

This thread really blew up haha. Yeah im going to continue not wearing a belt. I havent since I was 16 so why do it now.

Although if i could get my hands on some cybergenics again...lol

LOL...Cybergenics.

androushka - Voorhees I hear what you're saying but that's still assuming your prime goal is to lift more weight by artificially strengthening the weakest link. It's also a valid approach to focus on strengthening the weakest link even if that means moving a lighter weight.

True enough.

Cybergenics.LOL I miss early 90s training and supplementation.

BTW,that was the most underrated era of bodybuilding ever.

DeMey,Ray,Labrada,Stydom,Matarrazzo,etc...

(not to change the subject or anything)

Squatdog -  Not wearing a belt for a heavy ass squat or deadlift because you think you dont need it,is like not wearing a protective cup in a kickboxing match cuz you think you will never get kicked in the groin.

Totally different.

Training raw develops your core and improves focus on technique without relying on a crutch. I've been squatting 500lb+ woth no belt and in bare feet for the last 12 years.

Yeah, but when your squat rack kicks you in the balls, you're gonna regret it!

The squat rack has refrained from kicking me in the balls so far.

Why dont you weirdos just start training naked while you are @it.

Squatdog - The squat rack has refrained from kicking me in the balls so far.

You say that now. All it takes is one time for your squat rack to recognize that your guard is down, and you're in trouble!

voorhees - Why dont you weirdos just start training naked while you are @it.

I've squatted 500lb wearing nothing except a pair of Y-fronts.

Blindfolded is not a bad idea IMO (to increase sensitivity/feeling of the correct groove), no heavy weights though LOL

Squatdog - 
voorhees - Why dont you weirdos just start training naked while you are @it.

I've squatted 500lb wearing nothing except a pair of Y-fronts.

thumbs up

I like!

I back out from the rack so I can squat with a full range of motion.

Ninja escapes > using a spotter

If you're not using a spotter, the best bet is to walk back from the rack in case you have to dump it.

Your innate instincts of self-preservation will kick in when you bottom out...

I have the same at my gym but still like to walk all the way out of the rack.

It's actually kind of wierd to see myself doing it on video.

Just use the power rack. Set the pins on the bottom. Full range, no interferrence from the rack, if you have to ditch not a problem. You just have to get their before the high school kids curling 65 pounds occupy the rack.

I train at home at only use ass to grass deep squats. I just throw it off if I get caught. Make a hell of a sound. Gets me hard...lol OK too far. But seriously thats why I have Olympic rubber mats. Ive had to let a few cleans and snatches go also.

edit (and my plates have rubber on them)

I typically approach the rack at Mach 3.

^^^^^^nice

I wasn't happy with my depth on that, but I found it on my Bluetooth folder along with my shorts rip clip...

180kg.

I ripped my pants on the previous attempt, but found some Replacement Shorts(tm) in my car.

I wasn't happy with how deep I went in the second lift, which is why I haven't posted it until now.