Stipe is Not Happy

possibly the least charismatic heavyweight champ since Tim Sylvia

4 Likes

Let me guess? He said something like “gvggrrrsjdddrrrrrlllooii!!!”

9 Likes

Yeah I don’t know man. I believe in immediate rematches for long reigning champions. Stipe also has a win over Francis. However, something about his attitude just bothers me. First the DC fight and now this. I have to say that the vast majority of things I’ve read on him or interviews I’ve heard over the years, he does a lot of complaining and has an entitled attitude. Nobody likes a complainer. He also fights maybe once a year.

5 Likes

Is he still working full time

More than Aldo ever got

ttt

An immediate rematch for long time reigning champ like Anderson (“fluke”) or Aldo (didn’t happen) makes sense.

An immediate rematch for a guy who defended the title a record 4 times (3 in a row before getting KTFO by DC then defending against DC) just doesn’t make sense.

It’s a record because it’s HW, but it’s not like he was dominant for 5 years.

This immediate rematch nonsense needs to end.

3 Likes

With Conor, Dana was talking about the damn rematch right after the fuckin fight. Surprised he did not plug a promo of Usman Masvidal III for the BMF belt that night.

Rematches and title shots right after losses are like PPV… PPV won’t go away and instant rematches won’t either if people keeping eating it up and giving BLAF money for that shit.

Stipe is a whiner and a complainer. He always has been. He likes to paint himself as always being disrespected, probably for motivation but it comes off as whining and complaining. I very seriously doubt very many people care if he leaves the ufc or retires. The working a job thing is weird and it makes the ufc look like shit. Dana absolutely doesn’t like him.

3 Likes

You might be right, but there’s also some truth to what Stipe is saying.

Ultimately, fighting alone doesn’t bring enough attention in MMA. Neither does being a good guy firefighter.

Love the guy behind the scenes, love him when fighting. It’s when he talks anything business or UFC… He’s just joyless. Utterly joyless. Uninteresting, not entertaining, grumpy stipe is all we get. Bah no thaabks.

1 Like

The UFC doesn’t even bother with following the same rules for their fighters.

It’s all about what brings in the money.

Stop pretending that rankings or past champions etc mean anything, Zuffa.

1 Like

Yeah I get your point but he hasn’t done himself any favors. A “good guy” image doesn’t hold very well of the guy is constantly playing the victim. He hardly talks and when he does nobody understands him, and his complaints are the vast majority of what I know about his personality.

Their target market has shifted significantly since I started watching regularly circa 2008.

I feel like it’s not been aimed at me for a long while.

1 Like

Stipe is a dum-dum, he should be calling Jones a coward and trying to get that fight–you know, actually trying to be a draw? You’ve got a story line there due to the DC trilogy, if Jones comes in and smashes Stipe that would say a lot, and everyone would be curious enough to tune in and see how Jones does against him.

3 Likes

Let’s call it what it is. This is the same model the UFC used to get rid of Aldo.

Usher out the quiet, humble less marketable champ for a more exciting superstar and once they lose, don’t give them a sniff to get back in.

It’s sad but it is the fight business and this is a business decision. Stipe being vocal about issues with the UFC previously didnt help.

Funny thing is now, the UFC did everything to get Francis in there and now he’s pissed and complaining too because he wants boxing money

Yeah but there is a STARK difference between Stipe and Aldo. Jose ruled 145 for years. He didn’t whine or complain, he never had the attitude that Stipe does. He also fought all comers, and fought very often. Still does. If you wanna be a firefighter then more power to you but don’t be upset when your boss doesn’t like the fact that you fight once a year.

2 Likes

Stipe got an instant rematch after DC knocked him out and then he went 1-2 (DC win, Francis lost) and now he wants another instant rematch?

It seems if it keeps going this way he will win the belt lose his next fight and ask for an immediate rematch indefinitely.

1 Like

Jake Paul is the hero we need, fuck the egg.