Stipe Miocic flirting with ONE Championship?

1 Like

It would be crap to see him go but I can see him being a big hit in One. He has to win of course.

1 Like

Poor Stipe has been getting fucked by the UFC. Had they put the marketing machine behind him and actually gave him good fights he’d have alot more longevity. They’ve been trying to get the belt away from him from the start. But also there should be HEAVYWEIGHT and SUPER-HEAVYWEIGHT. In no other weight class will your opponent have 30 pounds on you at weigh ins.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m guessing he’s only going downhill from here. Getting older, can’t keep weight on, and 2 KO’s in his last 3 fights. I like him and I hope I’m wrong but all signs point towards a decline. He was a great champion and seems like a decent guy. Hopefully he’s good financially and can just retire.

2 Likes

How much would they have to pay him to make it worth it? The guy has a day job right?

Im a big fan of Stipe and have been since he came into the UFC but I disagree with almost everything you said. The UFC can only do so much to promote a fighter. Again, Im a fan but Stipe is awful on the mic. Clearly a great guy but he comes off as a meathead and has zero charisma. You want the UFC to work overtime to promote the guy but he won’t quit the fire dept and become a full time athlete. I can understand his thinking but he’s a part-time fighter. He has had great opponents, opponents that sold the fight far more than he did, and he has had some great wins. If you have the belt then you are fighting killers every time out. As for fighting at Heavyweight, that’s his choice. He is a big guy but could probably cut to 205. He doesn’t because his speed and power benefit him more as a Heavy. That’s not on the UFC. I sort of agree with the super heavy idea but I don’t think that class has ever really been successful in any organization including boxing.

If he moves to ONE, Im sure he will be very successful. I want him to stay but it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Stipe really does not hold any value for the UFC anymore. He never sold many PPV’s, he is aging, and I do not see him beating Frances or the other top 5 heavy weights. May as well release him or do a trade like they did with Demetrius Johnson for Askren and try to get Angela Lee or anyone at this point.

1 Like

Why has Stipe fought the same two guys, five times in the last two and a half years? Reminds me of when Cain fought JDS and Bigfoot over and over for like three years. The HW division is truly fucked.

1 Like

He’s likely not going anywhere and still has lots of value to the UFC.

His contract is likely approaching and he is baiting for a pay raise.

Who could blame him.

You don’t see him beating Gane, Blaydes, Volkov or lewis ? lol

Lewis

He could, but they could also beat him. He did lose to Stefan Struve after all. I think Gane and Lewis both beat Stipe 7-8 times out of 10.

1 Like

I think Gane has a good chance but lewis would struggle with the speed and the wrestling like normal and that struve loss was like 9 years ago lol

Blaydes gives Stipe major problems. Gane beats him at this point

TRT stipe for the win!

He’s such a flirt!