Stipe should have finished Ngannou.

MMA fans are by far the most delusional fans on the planet. This thread is a good example.

Slowshot - I know what you said, and I'm saying that EVEN IF YOU FOUND YOURSELF MAGICALLY TRANSPORTED into a position wherein you were standing over a kneeling Francis Ngannou, you would not finish him.

The thing is Stipe Miocic throwing little arm punches is not Soul Gravy throwing little arm punches.

If the impact of the punches magically transformed from Stipe Miocic punches to Soul Gravy punches, Francis Ngannou would go “oh, a mouse in the house, this actually doesn’t bother me in the least”, stand up, pull you pants down, and violently rape you the way you like it.

And you’re still missing the entire point of the thread.

Is there anything you’d like to say about Stipe’s unwillingness to finish Ngannou?

Soul Gravy - 
Slowshot - I know what you said, and I'm saying that EVEN IF YOU FOUND YOURSELF MAGICALLY TRANSPORTED into a position wherein you were standing over a kneeling Francis Ngannou, you would not finish him.

The thing is Stipe Miocic throwing little arm punches is not Soul Gravy throwing little arm punches.

If the impact of the punches magically transformed from Stipe Miocic punches to Soul Gravy punches, Francis Ngannou would go “oh, a mouse in the house, this actually doesn’t bother me in the least”, stand up, pull you pants down, and violently rape you the way you like it.

Is there anything you’d like to say about Stipe’s unwillingness to finish Ngannou?

Yes, that you have no idea whether he was willing/attempting to finish Ngannou or not, and to presume that you do is absurd.

Further, historical evidence suggests that Miocic is VERY much a finisher.

FURTHER, the fact that he used this EXACT methodology to finish another great knockout artist with limited ground skills in Mark Hunt suggests that he was, in fact, working for a finish, but that it just didn’t come.

Slowshot - 
Soul Gravy - 

Yes, that you have no idea whether he was willing/attempting to finish Ngannou or not, and to presume that you do is absurd.

FURTHER, the fact that he used this EXACT methodology to finish another great knockout artist with limited ground skills in Mark Hunt suggests that he was, in fact, working for a finish, but that it just didn’t come.

LOL Okay.

wiggum - 
Steven McTowelie - 
Soul Gravy - He could even have flurried enough pitter patter punches against the cage to have gotten a stoppage.

Wow, you make it sound so simple and easy to just open up and go for a finish against a guy that can turn out the lights on you at any moment with one big Hail Mary.

Maybe you should step in there against a monster. You have the right attitude and I think you could go far. Maybe even beat Stipe’s new record.

I would love to hear Stipe elaborate on why he chose not to punch as much on the ground. I suspect that Dom was right in the commentary: he wanted to sap Francis’s power and that was the way to do it. Stipe was also tired, too, and knew that his best defense’s against an-even-gassed Francis required that he had some energy in the tank.

yea, dom kept saying about sapping energy and all, but if he would have finished him…he wouldn’t have to worry about his power for five rounds. It seems like maybe a few more knees to the side, punches…something. He just laid there until Herb said something, throw a few punches, lay there, Herb says something… was weird.

Stipe’s corner wanted harder gnp too. N’gannou was done in the middle of the second round. He was a zombie in rounds 3 and 4. He started to come to life in round 5. I kept thinking “this guy is going to clip Stipe for not finishing him.” 

I got Stipe at +250 so I was worried that he was letting it linger and getting tired himself 

Soul Gravy -
Slowshot - 
Soul Gravy - 

LOL Okay.

Give it a rest keyboard loser.

It felt very similar to DC - Rumble to me. To me it would be like DC just getting ride time on Rumble up against the fence for the rest of the fight instead of taking the back and finishing. Ngannou wanted to be finished he was mentally and physically exhausted. 

Lol. He landed some bombs against ngannou. Most hw fighters would have been finished multiple times in the course of that beatdown.

Frances is a 270 lb monster with a cinderblock for a head. Its the first time he hasnt finished the fight in some time, you people are never happy

newjack900 - 

It felt very similar to DC - Rumble to me. To me it would be like DC just getting ride time on Rumble up against the fence for the rest of the fight instead of taking the back and finishing. Ngannou wanted to be finished he was mentally and physically exhausted. 

Yep, Francis wanted a way out, Stipe should’ve obliged him.

Fujkm - 
wiggum - 
Steven McTowelie - 
Soul Gravy - He could even have flurried enough pitter patter punches against the cage to have gotten a stoppage.

Wow, you make it sound so simple and easy to just open up and go for a finish against a guy that can turn out the lights on you at any moment with one big Hail Mary.

Maybe you should step in there against a monster. You have the right attitude and I think you could go far. Maybe even beat Stipe’s new record.

I would love to hear Stipe elaborate on why he chose not to punch as much on the ground. I suspect that Dom was right in the commentary: he wanted to sap Francis’s power and that was the way to do it. Stipe was also tired, too, and knew that his best defense’s against an-even-gassed Francis required that he had some energy in the tank.

yea, dom kept saying about sapping energy and all, but if he would have finished him…he wouldn’t have to worry about his power for five rounds. It seems like maybe a few more knees to the side, punches…something. He just laid there until Herb said something, throw a few punches, lay there, Herb says something… was weird.

Thank you. Even his corner thought he could have been doing more.

I’m more surprised Herb let Stipe basically just hold Ngannou with that neck hold and lay on him against the fence without throwing hardly any strikes…it wasn’t a finishing move nor was Stipe trying to advance position, he was simply trying to tire Ngannou out…i feel it should have been restarted a few times

I’d enjoy watching you eat a few of those so called “pitter patter” punches from Stipe. If the first one didn’t put you to sleep then you’d be tapping and screaming like a little bitch for the ref to stop the fight after the second one. 

It looked like Stipe would rather have been in there with anyone else besides Francis.  He was super tentative standing even in the 5th and was doing everything he could to not let him get back up each round.  When you are highly concerned about your opponent getting up it’s tough to effectively gnp.

there were a few times it shoulda been stopped 

nga wasnt defending

Stipe was very tired too so I think he preferred controlling the fight instead of risking exhausting himself going for a risky finish.

Slowshot -
Soul Gravy - 
Steven McTowelie - 

Put me in the same position that Stipe had and I’ll get a ref stoppage.

He had multiple opportunities to finish it. To pretend like he didn’t is ridiculous.

No, no you wouldn’t. They’re world class, dangerous heavyweights, and you’re an assclown on the internet.

1. You will never be in that position, because you’re a nobody who has never worked as hard at anything as they have worked at getting where they are.

2. If somehow, magically, you were in that exact same situation, Ngannou would stand up and put your nose through the back of your head.

3. For you to shit talk a guy for merely kicking the shit out of one of the baddest dudes on the planet, and not kicking the shit out of him to the degree that you think you would have the height of keyboard warriorism.

This place sometimes fucking sucks sometimes, and you, Soul Gravy, are the reason why. You’re a fucking jackass loser, and I’m willing to bet you don’t even realize it.

I was going to post but saw you got it covered lol

IHeartBoobies - 

I’d enjoy watching you eat a few of those so called “pitter patter” punches from Stipe. If the first one didn’t put you to sleep then you’d be tapping and screaming like a little bitch for the ref to stop the fight after the second one. 

When you miss the point this much, you should probably check into an adult learning center and work on your reading comprehension. Sheesh.

Shut the fuck up he just beat a 1 in a MILLION fighter.  

he was extremely gassed. he was dominating a man with 20 lbs of muscle on him. it was prolly exhausting just trying not to get punched by the man. after all that holding him down im sure he didnt have the power in him, not to mention the freakish size of francis. a ko woulda been cool but i understand why it didnt happen.