Stipe should have finished Ngannou.

Soul Gravy -
Steven McTowelie - 
Soul Gravy - He could even have flurried enough pitter patter punches against the cage to have gotten a stoppage.

Wow, you make it sound so simple and easy to just open up and go for a finish against a guy that can turn out the lights on you at any moment with one big Hail Mary.

Maybe you should step in there against a monster. You have the right attitude and I think you could go far. Maybe even beat Stipe’s new record.

Put me in the same position that Stipe had and I’ll get a ref stoppage.

He had multiple opportunities to finish it. To pretend like he didn’t is ridiculous.

Ban this bitch already

I thought so too. Ngannou was done after the second he could have stopped him on the feet even, but for sure on the ground had he gone for gnp.

Ngannou looked like Bob Sapp 2.0 out there and as impressive as it was getting past that first round, Stipe could have really upped his stock had he taken Francis out.

Stipe did just fine.

TwentyNineTwentyEight - Stipe did just fine.

This. Francis is a fucking freak, the guy got punched flush in the face and barely staggered. He also didn’t have a scratch on him. He truely is the Predator. Stipe did the right thing which is beat him using technique. If Francis works on his cardio and grappling he’s gonna be unbeatable one day. But even as a genetic freak it’s hard to catch up on 20 years or more experience in wrestling and boxing.

He somewhat addressed that in the post fight interview…said he thought about going for a submission but in the beginning Francis was so strong he wanted to just tire him out, basically he didn’t want to take a big risk and end up n bad position.

Either way Stipe is the shit.

cool papa - He somewhat addressed that in the post fight interview...said he thought about going for a submission but in the beginning Francis was so strong he wanted to just tire him out, basically he didn't want to take a big risk and end up n bad position.

Yup imagine taking his back and then Francis rolling over defending the choke and now that monster is in your guard raining down hammer fists. Even tired that would suck. Stipe played it smart without playing too safe.

NicolasRGC - 
cool papa - He somewhat addressed that in the post fight interview...said he thought about going for a submission but in the beginning Francis was so strong he wanted to just tire him out, basically he didn't want to take a big risk and end up n bad position.

Yup imagine taking his back and then Francis rolling over defending the choke and now that monster is in your guard raining down hammer fists. Even tired that would suck. Stipe played it smart without playing too safe.

Thanks for that update. IT makes sense.

One issue is that defending a choke is often not too tiring. What he did was continuing to deplete Francis’s energy.