Stipe was like nah Dana don’t put the belt on me

Haha yeah first thing I said to my gf. Stipe is such a badass.

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
sgotwalks -

Fucking cunt stream cutout just at the moment the decision was about to be announced. Ya, I know, no sympathy. 

Good. Learn to actually pay for products like an adult. 

Fuck I don't think anyone wants to adult then... who the fuck pays for a product if they can get it for free? I know..... dumb mfers that's who

Haha, that is pretty fucking awesome .... can't believe I missed that.

ZeRoTZ Pointy Elbows -
sgotwalks -

Fucking cunt stream cutout just at the moment the decision was about to be announced. Ya, I know, no sympathy. 

Fuck I don't think anyone wants to adult then... who the fuck pays for a product if they can get it for free? I know..... dumb mfers that's who
Well, I'm not poor and I don't want to risk my stream cutting out at important moments. So I pay.
Raistlin -
ZeRoTZ Pointy Elbows -
sgotwalks -

Well, I'm not poor and I don't want to risk my stream cutting out at important moments. So I pay.

Yeah but that stream was actually really good. They're getting better. Wasn't good enough card to buy imo 

ZeRoTZ Pointy Elbows -
sgotwalks -

You mean honest people.

ThatsHowIRoll -
Tigerbythetail - Stipe was sick of listening to DW constantly telling everyone he could how Niguano had the hardest punch in the world. It just go yt? PATHETIC.

Yeh what an a-hole for trying to promote a challenger and sell a bunch of pay per views that stands to benefit everyone including Stipe.

Stipe got equal embedded time, equal mic time, had all the fan support at media events and won the fight pretty easily.

Acted like a c**t in my opinion- not a fan at all.

Saltine American -
ThatsHowIRoll -
Tigerbythetail - Stipe was sick of listening to DW constantly telling everyone he could how Niguano had the hardest punch in the world. It just go yt? PATHETIC.

Yeh what an a-hole for trying to promote a challenger and sell a bunch of pay per views that stands to benefit everyone including Stipe.

Stipe got equal embedded time, equal mic time, had all the fan support at media events and won the fight pretty easily.

I think it’s the promotional push on Ngannue that creates the beef. The UFC has a great influence in becomes a “star,” take sage or PVZ for example. They’re unproven performers, yet they get the commercials and appearances. 

Imagine this in an office situation. You’re the best in the office, but the new, unproven guy, is getting the attention and promotions. You’re stuck in a cubicle, but he gets an office. You gonna be happy with that?  

I just realized i am Francis Ngannou.

sgotwalks -

Spoken like a true cunt!

I've paid far more than my share for UFC and boxing ppv's, but as it stands now I am no longer willing to pay $60.00 to watch the watered down cards on my own. When you love in a town with less than 400 people and nobody else gives a shit, you're on your own to foot the bill, you begin to think differently after a while.

I used to drive the hour into the nearest town to watch the events at the bar from time to time, but even they (all three bar options I had in two different towns) stopped showing the UFC ppv's because there wasn't enough demand anymore to justify the horse shit ppv model in which the licensed establishments have to pay by the capacity of seating in their business. Bars in rural areas simply cannot sustain this outdated model for events that will not fill the establishment.

Now tell me, would you honestly pay the sixty bucks to watch the event by yourself when all but two fights are names you give zero fucks to see?  And if yes, would you continue to foot that bill on your own every time there is a ppv? If you say yes, you're full of shit. I'm pretty sure that between live events and my own personal payments out of pocket for ppv's the UFC has gotten more money out of me over the years than you'd ever consider putting out, so shut your goofy pie hole!

I'll pay for stacked cards, and stream that other shit all day long now.

It’s interesting. Dana making “bad boss mistakes” maybe. Even if you’re not blatantly disrespecting the champ, if you’re showering attention and showing that you’re so amazed and awestruck by his competition, he’s probably going to take that as some level of disrespect.

It’s not really a normal “working” situation though. Hyping the “knock his head off” type guys gets dumb fans to spend money more than hyping a superior tactician who’s less likely to give you a highlight reel KO. So you could just say it’s good business.

Stipe’s handling it pretty well, imo. All he can do in that situation is enlighten people on what the sport is really about and prove them wrong. If he had a different, more colorful personality he could probably have more fun with it and float more and rub people’s noses in it but I’m glad he doesn’t.

Maybe I don't get it because the beef isn't public. But Stipe is mad that the promotor was promoting?

BringBackGoldy -
Darth Potato -
BringBackGoldy -
Simplicity -
goldenboyart -
SteckTastic - 

What a awesome dude, fulltime firefighter, best heavyweight of all time, and takes no shit from nobody.

That dude is killing it in life

I agree, but he’s NOT a full time firefighter anymore. He works one day a week to keep his credentials.

Firefighters only work like 7 days a month anyways. The full time ones 

Really? In Australia it’s 4 days on and 3 days off.

No, he’s wrong.

Most city departments are on either a 3 platoon or 4 platoon schedule.  A 3 platoon will work some variation of 24 on 48 off.  Or they can rearrange it be a kelly 3/4 or a 48/96 or whatever as long as you meat the hour requirements.  This works out to about ten days a month.

a 4 platoon is usually 24 on 72 off.  A few cities on 4 platoons are still working the two days two nights 4 days off schedule. This is about 8 days a month.

the federal fire service in the US sucks and works out to about 13 days a month. 

Geez that sounds convoluted.  Here the stay at the station on call for 4 days straight then go home for 3 days.

How’s that convoluted?

maybe it’s because of what I’ve been working but makes sense to me.  You can arrange a shift anyway you want as long as you meet the hourly requirements.  Personally I can’t wait to goto a 48/96.

dignan -
ThatsHowIRoll -

They've been talking about all the training, nutrition etc that the UFC/Dana have been providing Ngannou.  The support towards the non-champion has been unparalleled.  It wasn't being pissed off about TV time, it was about them trying to stack the deck against Stipe.

Designer PEDs.... Uh, I mean training, nutrition and world class coaching!

Good for stipe. Seems to be a legit straight forward guy.

Not a fan of Dana but nothing seemed aggressive about this. I think Stipe might have even told Dana before hand that he wanted his coach to put his belt on.

Dana didnt look surprised, didnt seem like Stipe yanked it either.

People just looking too much into this I think.