Stop complaining about the GP!!!!!

All the fighters that everyone wants to see win are going to eliminate any opposition in the first round anyway... slam DSE and Japan for putting a few of THEIR OWN stars into THEIR OWN promotion (business sense, anyone?), but this is the way I see it.

1. Giant Silva vs. Sentoryu - Giant will advance.

2. Sergei Kharitonov vs. Murillo Ninja - Ninja will advance.

3. Yoshiki Takahashi vs. Heath Herring - Herring will advance

4. Emelianenko Fedor vs. Mark Coleman - whoever advances here... either way, I'm fine with it.

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Hiro Yokoi - Gee I fucking wonder.

6. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Kevin Randleman - Mirko will advance.

7. Naoya Ogawa vs. Stefan Leko - Leko will advance.

If you look past DSE eliminating the cannon fodder in round 1... what's left to complain about, ya women?

Not as fast as Mirko's guillotine left roundhouse kick will!

LOL @ gee I fucking wonder...

Who's Naoya Ogawa? I never heard of him. K1 or MMA fighter?

TTT for Crocop and Fedor in the final.

I've never seen a Professional Sumo Wrestler fight a Professional Wrestler in MMA.

"You're saying that all of the retards will be desposed of in the first round and we all know who will advance. So there is really no point in this round."

If I go over to my girls place tonight, I know that I will end up fucking her and cuming on her face.

Since I know the result, I think I'll just stay home.

save your money mr doom.

The GP is a bunch of fights. Remember when that was a good thing? The whiners keep bitching about the liitle things missing here and there, but fail to realize that 8 fights, when UFC gives 5 sometimes, is a pretty good deal.

Apparently, nobody's heard of Kharitonov because he's a much better fighter than "Captain Lovehandles" himself: Murillo"The overweight ninja" Rua.

Kharitonov is like a streamlined, faster version of Fedor.

Ninja would get served.

I don't care what anyone says, this event will be on at my pad come the time, and whatever I spend on it will be worth it, unlike U get Fucked outta Contracts and whatever piss poor main event (ken and kimo, guys!!! yeah!!!) they feel like feeding us this time around.

While the UFC continues to screw high contention out of the running altogether, mistreat champions to the point of promotion desertion and offer shots to fighters based on heresay and inside ties, I'm watching Pride continually innovate the sport by creating events of HISTORICAL capacity, much like this upcoming Pride HW GP. You people complain? You people smoke crack.

I may never see a pro wrestler fight a sumo wrestler ever again (this is a great on-paper match up, btw!!!), but I can guarantee you I won't be watching Sakuraba and Shoji square off in Pride 55.

Same reason UFC gave Ken a title shot, certain people sell the PPVs (even if they don't deserve to be in tourney/title match). They want to ensure one of the local draws makes it to the next round.

"The problem isn't the fighters, it's the matchups. Why matchup Fedor/Coleman and Cro/Cop Randleman when you have undeserving guys like Giant Silva/Sumo guy and Ogawa/Leko fighting each other?

It's stupid."

It's diverse!!!!!! How is that Stupid????? There are fighters on this card that don't even belong there, yeah, but that's Japan dude!!!! You aren't used to this by now? Why are you still watching MMA??????

Stop complaining about people complaining about the GP!!!!

Everytime folks start bitchin' about something somebody does a thread trying to be the lone voice of reason. Dont be so predictable!!!!

Shit, now I'm complaining about people complaining, about people complaining. The cycle of complaining on this forum never ends. No matter what form it takes.

The one fight I saw with Sergei, he looked great. I don't know that he's better than Ninja, though. This will probably be the fight of the night.

The Ghost is correct

In the end it will be Fedor and Mino...it's fate that these two must fight again.

Sergei should beat Ninja imo. Ninja has trouble against top fighters in his own weightclass. What made him think he'll do better above his weight.

"Shit, now I'm complaining about people complaining, about people complaining. The cycle of complaining on this forum never ends. No matter what form it takes. "

hahahahahahahahahahaa, man you nailed that one. I've been here for just shy of a few weeks, and it's all I see.

Mainly from people who'll never step into a ring.

If you look past DSE eliminating the cannon fodder in round 1... what's left to complain about, ya women? "

The problem is that in a "grand prix" tourny which is supposed to determine the top one or two heavy in the world. All this does is give some tomatoe can the oppurtunity at a punchers chance victory. What sucks isnt that there will be exciting fights, what sucks is that there are SO many other heavies that could give much better fights, such as:

1) Ricco vs Barnett

2. Ninja vs Saku

3. Herring vs Rizzo

4. Emelianenko Fedor vs. Mark Coleman

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Kerr

6. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Kevin Randleman

7. Igor vs Sylvia

Alternate match between Hendo and Frank Shamrock

See that? Thats a grand prix. Thats a tourny that owns. UFC for me.

Keoni, props on the intelligible response, but I've gotta kinda bring something to your attention...

"5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Kerr"

Aside from naming a match in which one fighter would undoubtedly go for a takedown and knock himself out, you named 2 matches that are already happening, 3 matches including fighters who are obligated to other promotions, and a match that includes Tim FUCKING Sylvia in any respect, like his roiding has earned him some kinda shot that some Japanese Pro Wrestler's career just can't touch.

Wtf, dude? You're serious?

3 matches including fighters who are obligated to other promotions, and a match that includes Tim FUCKING Sylvia in any respect, like his roiding has earned him some kinda shot that some Japanese Pro Wrestler's career just can't touch. "

Come on man, there is nothing you can say to justify to me a bunch of tomatoe cans in the grand prix. To me this tourny could be the best ever. It could be legendary, but instead to me, is just another pride with much more mismatches and undeserving opponents. They have been planning this tourny for what over a year? And in that time they couldnt go over and swoop up some UFC fighters that are getting according to many, underpaid? The reality is that they want the tomatoe cans in there for the japanese fans, I know its business but that doesnt mean that I have to be excited about it. Tim Sylvia has done things undeserved Japanese tomatoe wrestling nobodies have done and that is knock people the fuck out and be undefeated against pretty tight comp. This is MMA not prowrestling, its like telling a prowrestling fan that Tito should get a shot at the title because he is in the UFC it makes no fucking sense. The pride Grand Prix is NOT a grand prix, its an even more mismatched pride with a different label. I will be completely honest, I am not paying to see this event.