Stop with the immediate re-matches

I think it had more to do with the roster increasing exponentially (that the only names are the champions).

That and that everytime someone wins a fight every Twitter/insta post is “OMG the most dominant champ in history :goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat:

I really don’t think Dana’s profile relative to the fighters is bigger than it was in 2008

1 Like

Cain fought Bigfoot and jds only over a period of years

2 Likes

They sink all the marketing in champs, so when they lose they won’t risk them getting beat by a lesser known top contender.

And only people with personalities get fast tracked to title fights. It’s not a meritocracy anymore.

Should be like the old days, lose the belt, fight as co main against 2 top guys to get back to the title

1 Like

We’ll leave it to WMMA to have it 100% wrong again. If the fight is close and especially if the fight was close and the champion wasn’t knocked out there should be an automatic rematch. Usman fought Masvidal twice, Covington twice and Edwards twice all but Masvidal were years apart because Masvidal too the first fight on short notice. You simply have no idea what you’re talking about. But why start now…

2 Likes

When was it ever a meritocracy?

1 Like

High IQ on display on these forums again

1 Like

Joe hyping up Woodley as the greatest WW of all time should forever stain his legacy, not even mentioning the Ronda stuff. Joe has clear fetishes for certain people, especially black men.

2 Likes

My point exactly

Yeah but that’s more reasonable than the people I saw trying to say Usman was goat

Said it for years, the biggest and most ignored aspect of the UFCs decline is Joe Silva. The match making since he took over has been awful

2 Likes

It was either round 1 or round 2 that Izzy was 10 seconds from finishing Alex and Alex was effectively saved by the bell.

It was the first round. But it doesn’t matter. Izzy has an excuse for every one of their fights it’s hilarious

Their first fight is he says he won but all three judges gave AP the W. Second fight he says the ref intervened when he shouldn’t have, which led to AP landing the knockout left hook. Third fight now it was oh he was saved by the bell. Well everyone knows the bell comes at the end of each round… That’s how rounds work

AP Just flat out has his number. Just like Volk has max’s number. Nobody wants to see that flight again for a fourth time

2 Likes

It’s an interesting fight to see play out again. A near finish early on is nothing to scoff at

2 Likes

I think the champions are less recognizable at this point than a random 15-30 ranked heavyweight in 2010.

Looks up how many times Cain, Stipe, DC, Ngannou, JDS and many more fought the same couple people over and over. They need to hold up the divisions but cause quite frankly, they’re all shit. The UFC talent pool is so shallow and seems to be getting shallower.

One FC is putting out a much better product these days

4 Likes

If you’re defending Jorge’s title shots you’re a fucking can

2 Likes

fixed