Strange Rich Franklin Quote

Then Conan RAN!

I don't have any religious beliefs, but everyone else in my family, including my girlfriend are "practicing" christians of one denomination or another. However not a single one of them thinks less of me for my life theories and most will gladly hold discussion with me over religion without having it become an argument.

Now why the hell can't you guys be like that? As long as people have good values and morals who cares if their beliefes aren't the same as yours.

edited for bad karma

God prays to me.

Here's my thing on religion as a hole. I can't get into any religion because of the fact, most religions say the other religions are wrong and that is just stupid.

For me, it's hard to believe that life, planets, everything came from a "Big Bang". This is why I believe in a higher power. Do I believe this "Higher Power" wants us to worship him, pray to him, etc? No. I don't. If the God that christian's believe is real, wouldnt you think he would be all too forgiving no matter you believing him or not because of the simple fact, why base your beliefs on something that can't be proven true? Yet, Christians seem to tell everyone they are going to hell if they don't believe THEIR God and that Jesus is the son of God.

IMO, Jesus was a carpenter, plain and simple. He might have been a guy that was a good guy and all this but I can't see myself believing he is the son of God. Jesus probably had a wife and kids, was very happy and was well liked around the community. I don't believe there was ever a "crucifiction" of Jesus at all. But these are my beliefs. I am not trying to force them onto someone else, I am just stating them. I think if you are truely happy with what you believe in, you can say "Ok, maybe they are right but maybe I am right too. And if I'm right, I will tell the God of my beliefs that this guy was just following his heart and to accept him for that". I just can't see why "God" would be all un-forgiving to someone that didn't believe in him. It just doesn't make sense to me. The whole foundation of "religion" doesn't make sense to me.

This is why I will not wear a cross around my neck as, that almost puts you in a spot of saying "I believe in THIS!" when, in all reality, I believe there is a higher power just, I don't believe any of the religions out there know what the fuck they are talking about. Unfortenately, they don't have a symbol for that.

So, to each his own. I do not impose my will on you when it comes to religion but I expect the same in return.

Lol @ Jesus being plain old carpenter. Jesus is the son of god and god in the flesh, period. Im a christian and believe jesus died on the cross for me despite the fact that not everything I do is a testimony to him.

"You know, God wants to instruct us and help us through life. but he requires us to ask him."

Serious question:

When you "ask" God for instructions (through prayer, I'm assuming) how often does he answer you? Better yet, HOW does he answer you?

Do you hear a voice in your head? Is it just a gut feeling? A sign?

You will never know the joy of praising and worshipping God in Christ Jesus our LORD if you never try. You have lived life the devil's way for years and all it has made you is a bitter and sullen antichrist. Why don't you try things God's way? It's much better on this side of things.

Re: the cellphone analogy and believing out of fear: Fear is a perfectly good reason to believe something. You don't drink toxic substances because of the fear of getting sick or dying. You don't drive 200 miles per hour on the freeway because of the fear of crashing or getting pulled over. Fear is not bad, there are plenty of good instances of fear being used in a constructive way to help people understand order and civility. The fear of authority keeps people civil, look at what happened in NO after the tsunami. Order broke down, the police couldn't catch everyone so they started looting, raping, killing etc. They had no fear of reprisal at that point, so their true natures (sin) came out in force.

Then there are the posh liberal atheists who say ungodly things because it makes them look cool and because they get to gang up and bully/pick on people who are supposed to "turn the other cheek" and act a certain way. If they retaliate, the atheists will then say "oh, but you're CHRISTIAN! You're supposed to take it, no matter what!!" and the baiting continues. Jesus warned us that cruel mockers and scorners would follow.

Here's a question for you posh atheists: Why not harrass the muslims the way you harass the Christians? Why must you always go for the target that is instructed not to fight back at you?

Why not, if you have any courage about your conviction, go on a campaign to denigrate and annoy the muslim communities? They believe in a god, and a prophet too. I think, personally, that you would never do this because you know that you would get hurt. Not all muslims are militant, but there are enough of them out there that you WILL get their attention by mocking their god and their prophet. Just look at the reaction to the danish cartoons.

If you atheists are so sure of yourselves, go after the muslims for a while. I don't think you will, becasue you know they won't stand for your rhetoric and you very well may die for it. Hey, then you'd get to find out if there's a God!

"Why not, if you have any courage about your conviction, go on a campaign to denigrate and annoy the muslim communities?"
Because we live in a Christian society surrounded by Christiians and many of us have been insulted by Christians when they say things like "Are you going to heaven?"The is highly isulting to me on the deepest levels when it happen to me in person.

BRIGHAM. you are correct sir.. ive thought this way for many years.

however, i will say, "There are no athiest in foxholes." In the face of great fear or possibly losing a loved one to some disease, we all break down and look for a higher power. genetic? human nature? a great want to have that stability? WHO KNOWS, but in that moment in time when im faced with these challenges, im quite sure i'll be looking up to see whats out there and if anyone can hear me..

on another note:

dimsdale "religion as a hole" calling dr. freud LOLOLOLOL

Besides, mostly all wars were raised on religion and it is a BIG MONEY business... DO YOU REALLY THINK MOST OF THESE FAKE ASS PREACHERS GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT ANYTHING? PUT YOUR HAND ON ME AND HEAL ME BULLSHIT!!!! TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHEN THERE IS NOTHING FOR THEM TO BELEIVE IN.. SHOULD BE KILLED LIKE THAT BENNY HINN FCK!! THIS IS A TAX FREE BUSINESS AND LOANS ARE FAIRLY EASY TO GET FOR A CHURCH.. ITS A SICK WORLD PEOPLE AND THERE IS DAMN NEAR A CHURCH ON EVERY CORNER WHERE I LIVE.. OH YEAH, FCK ALL YOU TOWEL HEAD FINATICS THAT BLOW YOURSELF UP IN THE NAME OF ALLAH!!! YOU IDOTS HAVE NO BRAIN OF YOUR OWN TO THINK WITHOUT HANING ON ALLAHS NUTS ALL THE TIME.. LOSERS!!!!

CAN ANY OF YOU IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YVES WAS ALLAH AND THE REAL JOKER WAS HIS SERVANT??... HAHA

You do not live in a "Christian" society at all, you live in a secular humanist/hedonist society.

Jesus Christ said, "Not everyone who says to me "Lord, Lord" will enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he who doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven."

You think everyone who goes to a church or associates with "Christianity" is "Christian." You must think Ashida Kim is a ninja, too, since after all, he says he is one.

As far as being offended at the question of whether or not you are saved and going to heaven, that is your fault, not ours. Would you be offended if someone asked you if you can drive? Or if someone asked if you ever wrestled, or practiced BJJ? If you haven't, and wished you did, you might be offended, but that's offense taken at your own fault, not just someone asking about it. You're deeply offended at being asked if you're going to heaven? What do you tell people who ask what you got on your SAT's?

fucking franklin... someone needs to show him

SeanWiley
You dont get it. BJJ SAT ect has nothing to do with being solicited to join a fear based religion. Asking if I am saved infers that Christians have the answers, I am going to hell for eternity,and billions of other persons living and dead are wrong too. If you cant comprehend how this is offensive then I have this to say to you...you are right so enjoy your righteousness as that is the most important thing for many people

Pascal's wager is a ridiculous reason to believe in Christianity. I would prefer a religion that didn't have to play word games to garner my support. If there was any way to prove or disprove God it would have been done a long time ago.

There may be a higher power, but to claim that your religion has a monopoly of understanding is silly and arrogant.

"You will never know the joy of praising and worshipping God in Christ Jesus our LORD if you never try."

I was raised in a Catholic family and was attending church before I could speak. I can't recall ever feeling any joy in praising and worshipping God. I grew up in a religious household, and I have rejected religion.

"There may be a higher power, but to claim that your religion has a monopoly of understanding is silly and arrogant."

Exactly. Telling everyone in the world who is NOT Christian, including those who have other religious beliefs, that they're going to hell unless they believe in Jesus is ridiculous.

"It was a lot easier to like Franklin before he started sounding like Jerry Falwell."

no it's your intense hatred for Christianity that has caused you to make such an idiotic comparison.

It's weird how pissed off some people get at the mere mention of God. Maybe these people have had a sucky life and blame God?

"You think everyone who goes to a church or associates with "Christianity" is "Christian."

You can say that about EVERY religion. I agree with you that being associated doesn't make you a 'true' Christian.

However, demographically, being associated DOES make us a "Christian" nation. If you had to follow any given religion perfectly to be considered a (insert any religion here) nation, then there would be no such thing as a jewish nation, muslim nation, etc.

How many Jews actually follow all 613 Mitzvot laws? Most don't. So is Israel not a 'jewish' nation.

What about the many Muslims who call for the death of european nations in their protests? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E4rMJVHyeg) Murder is against the Koran. I am sure they and their nations are still considered 'muslim'.

Date: 05/25/06 01:21 PM
1177 Total Posts
Ignore User
<SCRIPT> if (readCookie('MMATV_USERID') == 208853) { document.writeln('Edit  '); } </SCRIPT>

I beleive in god but I don't need a book to give me morales. You should just know what's right and wrong.

Is Filesharing Wrong? What about a white lie that you think may help someone? What about a white lie that will not affect anyone as far as you know?

How do you know what is right and wrong? Most of the time people believe what is right and wrong based on how it will benefit them. Stealing can get you caught and put in jail. Assault can get you put in jail if caught, and is wrong (unless that guy really deserved it, right?) It is ok to cheat on a girl as long as you are not engaged or married and the relationship is going bad anyways, right? It is ok to get drunk and high, feeding off of chemicals and addictions as long as it is not hurting anyone else right?

There are so many Grey areas that are exposed as wrong to a christian person when following the written laws in the Bible. Are Bible following christians always perfect? NO WAY! We screw up just as much as someone that may not be someone who follows the Bible. But we understand where we are messing up and try to fix it and not sin in honor of God.

Christians could just do the sins that society feels are grey area and are not so bad and things could be easier for them. A lot of time we end up commiting those sins and asking for forgiveness so that we will have strength to not do them in the future.

I guess what I am trying to say is what makes up your morals and why should they be good enough for a Bible following Christian?

Date: 05/27/06 11:57 AM
24 Total Posts
Ignore User
<SCRIPT> if (readCookie('MMATV_USERID') == 220211) { document.writeln('Edit  '); } </SCRIPT>

SeanWiley You dont get it. BJJ SAT ect has nothing to do with being solicited to join a fear based religion. Asking if I am saved infers that Christians have the answers, I am going to hell for eternity,and billions of other persons living and dead are wrong too. If you cant comprehend how this is offensive then I have this to say to you...you are right so enjoy your righteousness as that is the most important thing for many people

Christians do not have righteousness, only God is Righteous, If you knew ANYTHING about the religion you may know how to respond to some of the statements on here. You are basing the existence of God on incorrect information. You might want to get some real comprehensive books on Budhism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc and actually DECIDE what you think is right.

It does not mean what you think is right IS right, but at least you would have looked at all your options. I did this many years ago in College and am an Evangelical Christian. I do not believe in multiple paths to God because every religion (in the most part) has specific paths to get to God.

Christianity has a person live selfless because they have to give up many many things to follow God's written word. Ultimately his written word, when followed, actually leads you to a much better life and healthier existance. It is just a real hard path.

I did find it strange that Muslims believe they will get 70 virgins for themselves when the die and go to Allah since having more than 1 woman is wrong and sinful on earth. It just seems contradictory to what Allah is supposedly telling you to do now.... What do the muslim women get?

Christians do not get anything in heaven except the absence of sin and temptation and WE GET TO WORSHIP GOD ALL THE TIME!! that is the best part for christians! all the great fellowship we get to have with eachother and the constant ability to be close to God.

I find that many unchristian people would hate heaven because they would fine it extremely boring. Why would you want to be there?