Strikeforce announces dissolution of HW Div!

Bloodstorm - is it just me or is the UFC getting rid of the HW fighters just to say hey Fedor F-you buddy?

Out of the strikeforecs top 10 HW hes the only one who cant come to the UFC

right that's what it's about. It has nothing to do with gaining some of the most talented fighters in the world it's all a big f u to a guy they have offered two contracts worth tons of money too.

Make sense much?

Cormier and UFC.. Awesome... Keen to see how it pans out, I'm a huge strikeforce fan and like their flavour Phone Post

i'll have to add dissolution to my vocabulary now

I want chad Griggs in the UFC!! Phone Post

Good moveUFC could definitly use a few more HW guys. Fill it up like LW is and it'll be great, I hope they bring Kharitonov over to fight Barry or Hunt. Phone Post

please get rid of RANALO he is embarasing trying to call fights- sort of like the NFL network guys calling thursday night football games

Finally the fans should get to see some of the fights we've been waiting for (I hope).

chad grigs vs kongo /berry !!!!

3rdLion - I thought DFW has previously said that Barnett wouldn't fight in the UFC?

Barnett is top 3, if not the best heavy in the world right now, Dana would be doing the UFC fans a disservice if he didnt bring him over.

chokeyou -
3rdLion - I thought DFW has previously said that Barnett wouldn't fight in the UFC?

Barnett is top 3, if not the best heavy in the world right now, Dana would be doing the UFC fans a disservice if he didnt bring him over.

And they recently squashed the beef didn't they? Phone Post

I wonder how long Strikeforce will last?

backfist_barnesy - Who do you guys think will all move over? Cormier, Bigfoot, Barnett, Kharitonov, Del Rosario, Griggs anyone else you guys think deserve to make the jump? Lavar Johnson?

Cant remember his name, but the dude who just beat Johnson should be there as well Phone Post

Shane Del Rosario?

ProteinPower - Looks like Roy Nelson will have more competition when he wins the title next year.

they would need 2 belts ready cageside. One size in case the champ won, and another XXXXL belt specially made to fit Roy Nelson if he won

I know exactly what Bjorn Rebney is listening to right now:

The Trammps' Disco Inferno.

And why that song?

Because of the part that goes, "Satisfaction ... came in a chain reaction."

For the chain reaction is on: Next, Strikeforce will dissolve its LHW division, then its MW division, and so on, and so on.

And guess who will be right there to "pick up the pieces"?

And wasn't that the title of a classic disco hit too?

CLINTK9 - just read this on sportsnet:

"On a conference call Thursday, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker and UFC president Dana White both hinted that the final heavyweight fight in the promotion’s history will be against a top-level fighter from the UFC. It is expected that ALL remaining heavyweights under contract with Strikeforce will then MOVE to the UFC"

Most of the SF heavies will begin moving to the UFC immediately.  There's only 2 more mandatory HW fights in SF... the grand prix final and the winner having one fight after that.  Anything else is up to sean shelby.

FryedTakayama - Griggs vs Beltran would be awesome too Phone Post

YES Phone Post

Daniel Cormier vs. Pat Barry is almost too obvious.