Struve needs to retire..

WTF?.. I swear is this brain injury BS a new trend?
How about letting doctors and fighters decide this?
BTW .. he didn't faint he had a panic attacks caused by meds he was taking at that moment! Get your facts straight people!

Only thing I agree on in this thread is that a new camp might be a good idea.

From what I hear, he's been working on his reach and trying to use it to his advantage. If he can do this, he won't take nearly the punishment he is taking now. He's only 26 believe it or not so I would like him to take some fights with lesser opponents and give him a chance to work on using his reach effectively. I have always liked him and he's been in some memorable fights and would hate for him to retire already but as OP stated I would hate to see him take permanent damage. I hope he can turn things around as his potential is endless.

Jump Kick - 
itsmontoya -
RyannVonDoom - 
Dom Hemingway - My opinion means absolutely nothing when it come to this kid retiring but man, 5 brutal KO's before the age of 30....walk away Stefan, your a warrior but a long life is more important. Just my thought. Phone Post 3.0
5 brutal kos in the ufc... He was getting ko'd bad in training.. Enough to get kicked off the proteam for a while. He's going to have major fucking problems. Phone Post 3.0

This is very interesting, first time I've heard about this. Do you mind linking where you got this information? I definitely believe you, but it's something I would really like to read into more.
I read it as "kicked off the protein" until you quoted it. Thank you good sir. Phone Post 3.0

Oh man, if only I hadn't used my upvote for today - it would have been all yours. Damn, that shit made me chuckle.

He is young. He is 9-4 in the UFC. He beat Miocic not too long ago, so he obviously has potenital. The probably is that when he loses he gets KO/TKO. It's a tough call.

CaptainAhab - He is young. He is 9-4 in the UFC. He beat Miocic not too long ago, so he obviously has potenital. The probably is that when he loses he gets KO/TKO. It's a tough call.

Struve is good enough and young enough to keep fighting for years. He's not even in his physical prime yet.

But that's not the issue. The issue is whether he should keep taking brain trauma. Brain injuries are really bad things to deal with for a lifetime.

I think eventually the UFC will end up with some sort of rule, such as accumulating medical suspension time for each subsequent KO. If you look at the current environment in the NFL with all the awareness surrounding concussions, the lawsuits, the rule changes, etc. It is kind of crazy that the UFC has gotten away without having some sort of official concussion policy for its athletes.

Hard to disagree but this kid is crazy athletic for a seven footer.

Chris Coogan - This was what I was concerned with Struve early in his career. Instead of taking all those fights I wish he would've worked a little more on his technical skills, establishing range and putting some more mass on that huge frame of his. It's tough to really work on those things when you're always in fight camp. I think he got fed to the wolves a little bit too soon. Dude couldve and still could be a monster just hope the damage he's already taken isn't too much.

This is what I have always said about Struve. UFC totally mismanaged his career.

The guy came into the UFC as a 21 year old, athletic, legit 7 footer. Instead of building him up slowly and letting him develop his skills whilst growing into his frame, they just through him to every killer KO artist on the roster, one after another.

I like Struve a lot but every time he fights they describe him as some sort of Dutch kickboxing phenom, which is a very dubious description. His standup is so-so. He's very slow and defensively poor. His face is like a magnet for right hands. Most of his wins really came from his ground game.

EckY - 
Chris Coogan - This was what I was concerned with Struve early in his career. Instead of taking all those fights I wish he would've worked a little more on his technical skills, establishing range and putting some more mass on that huge frame of his. It's tough to really work on those things when you're always in fight camp. I think he got fed to the wolves a little bit too soon. Dude couldve and still could be a monster just hope the damage he's already taken isn't too much.

This is what I have always said about Struve. UFC totally mismanaged his career.

The guy came into the UFC as a 21 year old, athletic, legit 7 footer. Instead of building him up slowly and letting him develop his skills whilst growing into his frame, they just through him to every killer KO artist on the roster, one after another.

I disagree with this somewhat. If you look at his record his losses were all spaced out and he had multiple wins between each. None of the fights they gave him seemed like mismatches at the time.

The only thing that baffles me is why they gave him Overeem for a comeback fight. Someone like Gonzaga or Mitrione would have made a lot more sense.

CaptainAhab - I think eventually the UFC will end up with some sort of rule, such as accumulating medical suspension time for each subsequent KO. If you look at the current environment in the NFL with all the awareness surrounding concussions, the lawsuits, the rule changes, etc. It is kind of crazy that the UFC has gotten away without having some sort of official concussion policy for its athletes.

Are you implying that they would be regulated to do it? Or maybe by a fighter's union would demand it?

Because they are not going to do it on their own. $$$$$