Stu Hart...legit grappler or sadistic asshole who hurt non resisting guys

The bald guy talking in the embedded video above.

I know it I just figured that may be the top verifiable tough guy Hart thing. I dont care either way, some of the other Stu stories are gross.

Stu was legit, trained by Jack Taylor and toots mondt. Jack was a shooting legend, on par with John pesek and Clarence ecklund. Stu stretching newbies was the price of admission, testing to see if they had the sand to last in the business. If they passed the initiation, they were trained, so it’s not like he stretched them hundreds of times. He was a strange guy, that’s for sure

8 Likes

Adrian used to have a segment on Georgia championship wrestling where he taught legitimate shooting, billy Robinson had a show teaching shooting in the twin cities

2 Likes

Of course not. Dont be a mark. Lol

Most people thought Adrian was “soft” and a “right poofter” due to his gimmick but the old hands say he was a bad ass. Another one was Ted “Hooker”Heath. From what I understand Hiro Matsuda was pretty well versed as a shooter. Bob Roop may have been even more sadistic than Stu - there is an old video of him torturing a rookie out there somewhere.

yes you have made some good points here

“toots stretched the newbies in the Dungeon while Stu looked on”

LOL

3 Likes
1 Like

That’s Adrian Adonis - I was talking about Adrian Street. Two different guys with a similar gimmick. This is Street …

1 Like

Timely thread, I’ve been pondering this one myself lately.

1 Like

Adonis was also known as a bully a lot of guys were afraid of working with/messing with.

He was a bully and closet fruitcake that probably enjoyed licking the sweat off the mats in his dungeon…

Dungeon… Says… It all…

I had heard that about Adonis but don’t know if he was a legit shooter or not. Let’s just all agree to be afraid of this guy … not a bully, wonderful human being. I talked with him at a Toyota dealership he was working at in Kissimmee several years ago. Had a bad leak in a tire and was waiting on it. He came out of the back and I recognized him. I thanked him for all the entertainment he gave me over the years. He grabbed a cup of coffee and we talked until my tire was fixed. I think he managed the paint shop but not sure. At least I know he was not a salesman or fixed tires!

13 Likes

this guy is the man

Lets just take a second to think about how creepy and homoerotic this is. If there was a BJJ instructor who was know for making students lay unresisting while he cranked subs on them it would be a problem. The pro wrestlers were all fine with it and think nothing is strange about this. Wtf?

1 Like

yeah its creepy as fuck

i also have a feeling that if anyone fought back
then the whole family would jump that guy

but it would have been nice to see a bjj guy break his arm or a sambo guy
rip one of stu’s fat legs off his body lol

Dude, this guy was legit as fuck. Every wrestler was afraid to fuck with him. One of the few Guys that Andre didn’t even fuck with.

The thing with Stu, and this was pretty common back in the day with all the wrestling trainers, they would stretch you, torture you, make sure your cardio was great. They would do anything to run you off and if you were still around they would eventually train you to be a wrestler. You didn’t get in a wrestling ring with Gotch or Stu Hart or Harley Race without getting tested first.

5 Likes

Yeah, but the thing about the Stu Hart stories is how theyre mainly from guys who were already in the business not newbies coming to train. Its not like he was running a wrestling school in those later years. The guy was using his influence to satisfy some homo sadist urges.

Id bet money Stu was hard during these stretching sessions but nobody is going to talk about that.