Stuck on bench press

Ok so I have been slowly increasing strength on the bench press and I'm currently at 110kg (242lbs for Americans)

And I'm stuck. Iv been here for ages and it seems no matter what I do I can't break up to 115kg. Anyone else have this problem when they just sorta plateau? How can I get round it? Phone Post 3.0

Assuming you're a recreational lifter, can you switch movements? Barbell incline press or dumbbell press? Phone Post 3.0

Time for a change. Either in exercises, as Eel mentioned, or set/rep scheme.

It's hard to give concrete advice without knowing more about your current plan (sets, reps, frequency, other movements, nutrition, etc.), but in my experience upping frequency is usually an effective plateau-buster. What is your weekly lifting schedule?

focusing on overhead presses improved my bench. im 5'9 with a wingspan of someone whos 6'2.. i think things like this factor in.. not trying to use it as a copout.. my brother is 5'7 with arms of a 5'7 man and he was benching 300 as a freshman... however his back lifts are a lot weaker where mine are a lot stronger.. i wouldnt worry to much about it..

Good advice above. As was stated, hard to say more without more info. How many times per week are you benching?

TAKU

Spoto press
Floor press
Pause bench
Close grip bench
Bands and chains

In that order of importance Phone Post 3.0

Erm I bench roughly 3 times a week usually 5 sets of 10. I do work pretty much all other muscle groups in upper body already I don't just press and go home, and I'm continuing to make progress in things like overhead press, Arnold press, flys, deadlifts etc it just seems to be stuck at the bench Phone Post 3.0

Wizgub - Erm I bench roughly 3 times a week usually 5 sets of 10. I do work pretty much all other muscle groups in upper body already I don't just press and go home, and I'm continuing to make progress in things like overhead press, Arnold press, flys, deadlifts etc it just seems to be stuck at the bench Phone Post 3.0
Ad some lower reps. Phone Post 3.0

Firemansam -
Wizgub - Erm I bench roughly 3 times a week usually 5 sets of 10. I do work pretty much all other muscle groups in upper body already I don't just press and go home, and I'm continuing to make progress in things like overhead press, Arnold press, flys, deadlifts etc it just seems to be stuck at the bench Phone Post 3.0
Ad some lower reps. Phone Post 3.0
That's the thing higher weights lower reps would be ideal but I struggle to do any at higher weight Phone Post 3.0

In my experience people who bench three time per week are destined to plateau. I would drop it to once or twice a week or even three times every two weeks. Take a week or 10 days off completely first, and you will come back and smash you PR's. 

When you return create either and A&B routine, and or an AB&C routine and rotate between them. Example of A&B might be the following:

WORKOUT A:
A-1 Squat 2 x 7-10 rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

B-1. Row 2 x 7-10 rest 60-90 sec (alternate B1 & B2)
B-2. Bench Press 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec

C-1. Split Squat 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)
D-1. AB work (sit-ups etc.) 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

WORKOUT B:
A-1 Dead-lift 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

B-1. Pull-up / Pull-Down 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (alternate B1 & B2)
B-2. DB One-Arm Shoulder press 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec

C-1. SL Box Squat 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)
D-1. AB work (hanging Knee raise etc.) 2 x 7-10 rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

Using the above routine and alternating on a 3 x per week schedule you would be benching two times one week and one time the next. This type of schedule should allow for longer runs of uninterupted progress.

TAKU

Taku - 

In my experience people who bench three time per week are destined to plateau. I would drop it to once or twice a week or even three times every two weeks. Take a week or 10 days off completely first, and you will come back and smash you PR's. 

When you return create either and A&B routine, and or an AB&C routine and rotate between them. Example of A&B might be the following:

WORKOUT A:

A-1 Squat 2 x 7-10 rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

B-1. Row 2 x 7-10 rest 60-90 sec (alternate B1 & B2)

B-2. Bench Press 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec

C-1. Split Squat 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

D-1. AB work (sit-ups etc.) 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

WORKOUT B:

A-1 Dead-lift 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

B-1. Pull-up / Pull-Down 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (alternate B1 & B2)

B-2. DB One-Arm Shoulder press 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec

C-1. SL Box Squat 2 x 7-10 reps rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

D-1. AB work (hanging Knee raise etc.) 2 x 7-10 rest 60-90 sec (two sets consecutively)

Using the above routine and alternating on a 3 x per week schedule you would be benching two times one week and one time the next. This type of schedule should allow for longer runs of uninterupted progress.

TAKU

hm. wow cheers i never thought of that will defo give it a go thanks alot!

Buy a Slingshot. Add 3 or 4 Slingshot sets to the end of your flat bench session. I was stuck on 160kg 1rm for about 3 months. I could triple 140kg. So after my sets I put the Slinger on with 140 and got 6 to 8 out then eventually 10. Pushed 170kg tonight.

So if your 1rm is 110kg try 100kg for reps with the Slinger. Maybe finish with a 110kg double. Phone Post 3.0

Watch the YouTube series by Dave Tate, "So You Think You Can Bench". Your bench will shoot through the roof when you start using some of his tips. Stop benching so frequently. Do a lower rep high intensity day and a higher rep day spread apart by 3 days. Hit triceps and lats hard and heavy. Gain weight. Ive had a lot of success following WS4SB, 5/3/1, and a Westside template. Phone Post 3.0